Truly Unionism Has Fallen

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Iknay, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Iknay

Iknay

The room was dark and was only lit by a burning candle. Wilhelm sat crouched in his chair as he was writing an epistle to the Reverends in the Archrevery of Salvation. It was written in his home language, though he was not quite satisfied. He had an appointment that day to meet with someone who could write well and was a Leutz-Vixe so he could translate his epistle to Leutz-Vixe. The Synod had troubles maintaining the loyalty of some of its Archreveries and Wilhelm hoped to inspire that lacked trait in the Archrevery his home was influenced by.

The sounds of steps echoed across the hall and Wilhelm picked up his head to see who it was. One of his younger Curates stood in front of him, panting and sweating. "Father Hiberson, the Supreme Reverend... is dead!"

Wilhelm raised his eyebrows in surprise. "How?"

Curate: "Assassinated, apparently His Supreme Holiness found the Tenth Creed and while he was in his carriage, people who claimed to be Unionists came and attacked him."

Wilhelm: "Blasphemy, such an action is abominable to the Spirit. And the Tenth Creed?" Wilhelm began to sweat as he anticipated the Curate's reply.

Curate: "It turned out that the actual copy was in the hands of one of His Supreme Holiness's servants. She delivered it to various people, including the High Reverend, and it was confirmed that it was written by Theomar himself.

"Theomar declared that the Synod was a mistake and that various churches should be established to 'fit the needs of the people.'"

Wilhelm stared for a moment and lowered his head so that it was only held up by his right hand. "Truly Unionism has fallen." He chuckled somberly for a moment. "It's weird, I was wrong about the Tenth Creed, which I'm not surprised by, yet, I seemed to be more surprised about how accurate it was."

Curate: "I do not think I quite understand, Father Hiberson."

Wilhelm: "Tell me, my son, who is Unionism for?"

Curate: "Why, for all peoples, nations, tongues, and such."

Wilhelm: "Correct, and what is Unionism for?

Curate: "To unite all people under the Spirit and to teach them His Word."

Wilhelm: "And what is His Word."

Curate: "Truth, more specifically, spiritual truth."

Wilhelm: "And does truth, spiritual truth that is, which spirit is eternal and forever, ever become 'modernized to fit the needs of the people?'"

Curate: "I should think not, as His Word is a blessing to His people and by perverting His Word, we would, and should, face His wrath. For the Word of the Spirit is Truth and provides the one and only way that we may enter the Everwatch and to live the good life.

"But, Father Hiberson, if Theomar was a Prophet of the Spirit, how could the Tenth Creed be false?"

Wilhelm: "You have read my epistle, the one where I wrote about being unified?"

Curate: "The one where you gave the parable of the pheasants and that by becoming separated, we will fall into chaos and darkness?"

Wilhelm: "Yes, I have looked back though history and what I found is that things are only getting worse. Today, in fact, I found the Isldar mourning for no explainable reason and I have no idea what it could mean. However, I feel it is a further foreshadowing of darker things to come."

The young Curate looked down, chewing on his lip as a feeling of despair washed over him. "What hope do we have?"

Wilhelm: "Fear not, I know that if the people of the Spirit repent and turn to him for guidance, He will provide us a way to overcome the trials that we are facing today and will face in the future. Unionism has fallen, but, the Spirit, in His own time, will again establish a Prophet from among the Royal Bloodline and will bring His people to Paradise.

"I do not know why Theomar wrote the Tenth Creed, it might have been the will of the Spirit for some unknown reason, it might have been Theomar's will, or something else entirely. What I do know is that he was a Prophet of the Spirit, that the Spirit is real, and that Unionism is true. If we live up to the name of His church, He will provide a way we might be saved.

"Go now, and spread the word of Unionism. And while you're at it, I would like to know what has happened that caused literally every Isldar to have so much sorrow."

The Curate left the Cathedral promptly to do his will. When the Curate left, Wilhelm sat deep in thought at his desk. "Well, I guess I need to reschedule that appointment."

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Iknay, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  2. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

@Iknay Somethings gone wrong with your formatting.

3. Iknay

Iknay

I had colored text but somehow it broke the post. I redid the coloring but there might be something you noticed that I have missed somehow.

4. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

Nope! I meant the colored text being broken. It's fine now.