Trials Of The Crown

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Follower, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Follower

Follower :3c Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Across the noticeboards of Regalia, these finely written pieces of parchment would find themselves adhered to each board, and such notices would even be seen spread far and outside of the City, to the Greater Archipelago, and to any travelers who managed to stumble across it.

This notice is regarding the Crown of the World, as many have often sought after it for whatever purpose. There will be two sections, the first, will be regarding the Trials of the Pantheon. The second, will be regarding the state and status of the Crown of the World. I would advise that any interested in the former, read the latter as well, however it is not required.

The Trials

I have always been one who seeks to assist, in whatever manner possible. To guide those of any descent, toward a future and path in which they can live in solace, knowing that the actions they choose to take are ones that will live far past their own person. There is one particular object that should come to mind in regards to that which outlives some of those who made it. The Crown of the World. I have spent great lengths, considering which trials I should administer. How they should be performed, who should bear witness. After much deliberation, I have decided on the first. It is for this reason that this first trial, is the precursor to many more to come. Note very trial will be the same duration, or under the same rules. There might be a different time frame, or set of circumstances, but the trials will all occur. To those who wish to participate, provided you have some degree of Est'Allorn blood, or lineage, you are welcome to put your person forth. That is the only criteria that you must fulfill. You do not need to live in Regalia, the only criteria, is that you are of Est'Allorn descent, to any vague degree you may wish to interpret it. You do not need to compete alone, in fact, it is advised that if you can acquire others of Est'Allorn descent to follow your person, and to assist you, do so. The bearer of the Crown should be one who can gather those around them, not simply one who is self guided without the aid or assistance of others. Lastly, I must clarify this; if no true bearer of the Crown of the World is found, it will remain with my person until such a time as someone who is fitting arises.

The first trial, regards legacy. That which you leave behind for others to witness, whether it be something tangible, or simply conjecture. Such a concept is difficult to capture in a mere sentence, but it is the matter of Legacy that pervades all of the Est'Allorn's past, present, and future. With such in mind, your first trial is under the guidance of Sca'Elle.

Create something that depicts the legacy you wish to enact for both yourself, and for all those who would be influenced by your bearing of the Crown. It can be a written work, a tapestry, a play, whatever you believe yourself capable of creating, and conveying your ideal, that is what I seek. You may seek out the assistance of another for creating such a piece. One week from today, I will release instructions on how you will present, or deliver your creation. On that same day, I will release information regarding the Second Trial.

The Crown

It is thought by many, that the Crown of the World holds immeasurable power. That it is an object of godlike magical potency, however, after my studies regarding such, and with assistance from others of a magical inclination, I have determined that it holds no such power. It is an object of cultural significance, and nothing more. I swear upon such by the memory of Mellaneväeia, and every Empress who came before her. If there are any individuals who wish to potentially study it, to confirm such claims, then on the Twenty Fourth, come to the ruins of Crookback Bay on the eighteenth hour (EST) and announce your name, your desires, and where you reside. I will contact you, if I find your person fitting.

Bearing all this in mind, I wish to request, that with the above information provided, the Regalian Government removes the classification of the Crown of the World as an Artifact. I have no intent to deliver it to Talea without cause, and if she desires the Crown, she must endure the trials just the same as any other. I wish to be able to work with the Violet Order, rather than having my options reduced because of them.

Closing Statement

I, Solveiar Leithrandorei Roannfleisiaras Selistinoradin Jasthralistra Rinavalir, state by myself, without the assistance, or help of any other individual, state that these are my own actions and intent, and that I hold myself to such upon the word and oath of my own life and legacy, as well as those that came before me.
    Safe Tidings, and may Ellea bless the path upon which we all walk with a change of fate.

Numerous copies of this message would be rewritten and posted alongside it in Modern Altalar, Middle Allorn, Ilkhardaal, Plains Altalar, Sihndar Altalar, Sulvaley Altahar, and Kathar Altalar.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Follower, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. Follower

Another series of notices would be plastered in the place of the previous ones, each one again repeated in the same languages as above.
    The First Trial

I can assume that many have been considering the method in which I will be witnessing each individual creation, and there are most likely those with the intent to seize me at such an instance. However, I do not intend to let such occur. The manner in which you present your information to me, will be in a single one on one encounter. However, I do not know who has put forth their name, or even how to contact each individual. To that end, here is how you will deliver such information.

Every hour, upon the hour, starting the following hour, (5 PM EST), I will be listening from an undisclosed location for five total minutes. To that end, simply step upon the bridge between Crookback, and the Main city, and announce your name, your blood claim, your intent, and your address. If you do not have a home, or even a friend with a home, then truthfully should you be concerned about carrying the Crown of the World when you yourself can't carry your person into a bed? Regardless, this is the manner to submit yourself for judgement from the first test. If you do not participate in this, you will be at a significant disadvantage for the following test. You may have someone speak in your place, if you so desire, however you will be judged for such.

I will only be there to listen today, from the start, and for the next seven hours after. Safe Tidings, to all those who come forth.

The Second Trial

I have thought many evenings, over which of the Pantheon should judge you next. So, to that end I decided to have Aish-eia, and Ulley, test each of you. For you see, this Trial, will be open to everyone to participate, and in fact they are encouraged to. However, only the individuals who submit their legacies for the First Trial, will be targets at first. This Trial will as well, will persist a week from when I declare its start, but this is a far more active one than the one previous.

Each individual, will be given two tokens when I observe the legacy they have chosen to create. One, with the emblem of Ulley, and the other, with the Emblem of Aish-eia. Ulley, stands as a beacon, to ensure that we can defend ourselves, and others. If you lose in combat, to any individual over the course of this week, then you must give them your Emblem of Ulley, and it is expected that individuals who seek to gather more, or instead wish to acquire one, must defeat those in combat as well. However, each of you also holds an Emblem of Aish-eia, and Aish-eia, exists so that the Est'Allorn may deceive, persuade, and use every trick of the tongue. This Emblem, can not be taken. It must be given freely, from one to another, after they have been convinced that they should. Individuals who start with no tokens, may still acquire them from others. At the end, I will be recording a count, of who has lost their tokens, and who has gained new ones.
    (For this Trial, just to ensure that people do not potentially cause drama, if a Token transfers hands, please DM me on discord. I want both the person who gave the token, and the person who received the token to message me, so that I can be sure.)

• Powerful Powerful x 6
  3. Follower

The Second Trial Token Holders
    The individuals who will be holding tokens for the beginning of the Second Trial are individuals who participated in the First Trial. Missives were sent with a courier, however if they were not able to be reached within a timely fashion, they were excluded. They may still participate in the Second Trial, but they must follow the same rules as every other individual. The list is as follows:

Harlow Ketch - To them, their legacy is protecting those they feel responsible for, and ensuring that their name is remembered through such actions by creating a hospitable community.
    Aesling Sylfina - To them, their legacy is directly involved with the community they created, and ensuring they may live in a way that is worthy to be remembered.

Argo Drresal - To them, their legacy is portraying a future in which the same faults of the past do not reoccur, and that the same problems do not exist.
    Arayaa Leslyaan - To them, their legacy is to help other individuals who fallen from the path return to it.
    Valarosta Ino-Femunn - To them, their legacy will not be complete, and instead will not be finished until the world is safe from Conflict.
    Errant Lothreme - To them, their legacy is to tear down the foundation that was created before to instead make something entirely new for their own, and the future of all others.
    Aq'uello Cionessa - To them, their legacy is to manipulate and understand the world to such an extent so that there is no rock left unturned, and that individuals will hold domain and mastery of their ownlives.

These individuals are the ones who were given tokens initially. The rules for the trial are listed above. The duration before the Second Trial ends is Seven Days, until the Twenty First of the Seventh Month.
    Safe Tidings, to all those who wish to participate​

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #3 Follower, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  4. Follower

The Third Trial
    For the details of the Third Trial, only a certain number among those who competed in the Second Trial will be included. It will not prevent others from participating in the Fourth Trial and onward, but for the third, a smaller number will be desired. In order to discover who is selected, those who have competed in the Second Trial, and hold tokens, must seek out my person with the tokens they still have in their possession. One of the individuals who holds such tokens will be given the responsibility of relaying such information regarding the Fourth Trial to those involved. If you are not selected, I offer the humblest of apologies, yet the Trial for Tal'sieth is one that I will be unable to administer to every individual.

You have until the beginning of Tuesday to seek me out if you hold tokens. Safe Tidings.​

• Powerful Powerful x 1