Treatise: Fanaticism

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Kalthof, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Kalthof

Kalthof Refugee

Treatise: Fanaticism

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I. The Spirit isn’t interested in you, it doesn’t like you, and it doesn’t care about you. The Spirit is a form of the soul of the Empire, not a deity to which has a animate form. The Emperor isn’t interested in you, His Imperial Holiness doesn’t like you, and doesn’t care about you. The Emperor is only interested in continuing the Great Way and implementing the Imperial Spirits will. The Church isn’t interested in you, it doesn’t like you, and it doesn’t care about you. Don’t be mistaken, reader, for I’m not condemning, challenging, discrediting, and or targeting the faith of the Empire. I’m reminding you what it is your place within the many eyes of this Spirit. Unionism is not about friendship, peace, or tolerance; Unionism is about absolute devotion. Peace is not within a world to where not a single drop of blood is split, peace is suffering. For suffering is true tranquility, the Great Way of the Regalian Empire. Kind hearted smiles and tender embraces will leave you looking pitiful, weak, and utterly undesirable. You wish to please the Imperial Spirit? Then devote yourself to complete absolution. You wish to please Emperor Cedromar II? Then make yourself useful. You wish to please the Church? Then indulge in true faith. If you don’t search to please at least one of these three, then I have little else to say to you. For the Soul of the Empire will give you no sympathies, for you shall never deserve such, just the same to that if you truly follow my advice.

[​IMG]

II. What of love, forgiveness, and kindness? Have they no place in our Grand Empire? The answer is yes, they do. For if we haven’t contained these qualities of character, we might never truly live. Though there is line to which these actions should never cross, but are done so anyway. This line relates to the policy of state, to which many complain of being inhumane and lacking morality; the truth being it doesn’t contain morality, it contains only interests. Though this isn’t such a negative quality as we think, for the term ‘moral’ is irrelevant in the circumstance that all conscious souls only think in their own interests, even myself. The only force to which doesn’t hold interest are the few, such as the Emperor, for his Imperial Holiness is host of the Imperial Spirit. For such cause I say to the ‘freedom fighters’, you seek not freedom, but another form of corrupt self interest that wouldn’t be regulated by a single administrative moral force. This ‘dream’ is nothing but disguised arrogance to which would never collectively work and would in time collapse as a result of the bureaucratic complexity expanded upon unregulated representatives. In conclusion the the three terms at the start of this paragraph, must be recognized that these qualities fit well in respectful social engagements, though have no place in the Imperial Court.

[​IMG]

III. Do you, Reverend Buhr, wish to inspire fanaticism? I do. That is all I desire, not praise, not admiration, or people's friendships. I desire recognition and troth to the true way of the Spirit, one where intensity is at every corner, no matter how euphoric or agonizing. I desire a different sort of love story, one not of party lines or ideology, but one completely and wholeheartedly devoted to the Emperor and Spirit, nothing more, nothing less. I don’t search for your honesty, for I know I’ll rarely hear those words other than upon whispers amongst the benches of the cathedrals and monasteries. Give your flesh, bone, and soul to the Spirit; leaving your body scarred and seasoned and you shall find absolution. To be kind and fluid means you are negligible, be practical and astute you are exceptional.

[​IMG]

Signed,
    Reverend Virgil Jürgen Buhr

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Pastellanar

Pastellanar p l a t i n u m   l i z a r d

" .. Huh, Virgil's bitter today. "

3. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

Upon reading the first sentence of the treatise, Nadina's eyebrows rose up in contrast to her cynically narrowing gaze.
    As she finally reached its conclusion, she took a long, thoughtful sip of honey tea.
    "No thanks." She uttered softly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

Shrugging to a nearby reader, Whitlock rather nonchalantly retorted "Never bash something 'til you try it, though the Emperor bashed Percy and liked it."

5. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.

As Syrum finished reading the letter he started to walk off and started thinking:
    What do they want? To turn their entire race into a religious beehive? They're either going to end up massacring their own race, or everyone else.

6. Epsilyon

Epsilyon Poster-Girl of the Apocalypse Supremium

Cerysia blinked once, rather perplexed after reading over the treatsie and not entirely sure what to make of it. Regardless, she dismissed it, and turned with the swish of her coat to continue down the street.

"I think it's fair to say at least one of them is getting killed by the end of the week.."

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CptSilvyrall

CptSilvyrall Missing.

They said that for multiple people and yet, it rarely ever happened.))

• Agree Agree x 1