Dated Travel Hubs, Essalonia

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Mecharic, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

This suggestion is due to how large Essalonia is/will be - basically the same as Teled'Methen, with the central spawn having a few setups where you can hop in a wagon/boat to relocate to other parts of the map. I'd suggest putting the exit-only points in the corner regions or where the corner regions meet with the central region.

Just so people can get where they want faster and don't need to traverse a half-dozen mountain ranges to reach their chosen build biome. Could be temporary or permanent.

Thoughts?

2. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

As far as I know, I do not believe there will be travel hubs across Essalonia and instead there will only be one main spawn for the entire world.

@MonMarty Could give further comment on this.

3. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

So I love the idea.. but yeah as @CnocBride said it's up to the worldstaff, monmarty in particular

4. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

There is an intentional design decision made here so that factions who want to be very isolated can achieve that by sitting at the edge of the map and require raiders to travel huge distances. I think adding split arrival points sort of counteracts that intention.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

Ah. I can respect and support that, actually. What about temporary ones for people while the world still has PvP disabled?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Kinda seems like more work than it’s worth imo. I’d imagine most people know approximately where they want to settle based on the dynmap already, and after that they probably won’t be doing much travel during the first 24 hours where pvp is disabled.

7. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I eventually will have my faction home be turned public and it can serve as one of these outposts. Maybe other groups will do the same.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.