Archived /trade Command

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Neon_57

The Dark Wolf
Reaction score
Faction
Dauntless
Kingdom
None
Roleplay Guilds
None
• So the idea is a new way of buying and selling items that would prevent any scams from happening, the /Trade command. This command would allow people to sell items to other players without the item ever having to leave an inventory, while the item being sold would need to be in hand when offered after the player buys it the item swaps inventories. Heres some examples.

• /Trade sell [Playername] [Amount]
After thus the buyer would receive a message about the item, the buyer could then:

• /Trade Info [Playername] [Item]
To see the items enchants, lore, info, etc. If they wanted to buy the item they would simply put:

• /Trade buy [Playername] [Item] [Amount]

The buyers Regals would automatically go to the seller after the buy command was entered, the item would vanish from the sellers inventory and move into the buyers. Making it so no scams can occur, or people rushing by and thieving the items. A full list of /Trade commands might look something like this:

• /Trade sell [Name] [Amount]
• /Trade Info [Name] [Item]
• /Trade buy [Name] [Item] [Amount
• /Trade Cancel [Item] (In case you didn't want to sell the item after all)
• /Trade Edit [Item] [Amount]

All the commands on the sellers side would require the item being in hand.

I hope you like the idea for the /Trade plugin idea.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So the best situation for this is if when you type /trade [player], for example, a GUI pops up. So you can see the items and mouse over them to see their enchants like you would your normal inventory. This is an excellent idea and I would totally love to see it implemented into Massivecraft +1

It's overall a really good idea

But you would need to have a range of blocks you are within the other person because massivecraft loves traveling. (They also like rearranging Regalia every time I visit it)

But you would need to have a range of blocks you are within the other person because massivecraft loves traveling. (They also like rearranging Regalia every time I visit it)
Because the offensive and disagree rating is Turned off, I havê to write it. I consider that offensive ina a softcore way, and totally disagree. This is a great server you dont like it's system, suggest a change, but dont complaint about something that hás nothing to do with the reason of this thread.

The idea of massivecraft is like the olden days , people travel on ships from place to place and travel to do stuff.

If the trade command was added , people wouldnt physically trade items anymore , they could simply trade with someone far away in another world with this command , and theres no dropping of items and picking of items physically which makes things interesting .

Scamming is indeed a problem in the market . If you need to ensure no scam takes place , get a trustworthy middleman or make a shop sign simply for 10 regals.

This trade command would make massivecraft more modernized and I really dont wish that happen , I love meeting people in a certain place and drop items to them .

The idea of massivecraft is like the olden days , people travel on ships from place to place and travel to do stuff.

If the trade command was added , people wouldnt physically trade items anymore , they could simply trade with someone far away in another world with this command , and theres no dropping of items and picking of items physically which makes things interesting .

Scamming is indeed a problem in the market . If you need to ensure no scam takes place , get a trustworthy middleman or make a shop sign simply for 10 regals.

This trade command would make massivecraft more modernized and I really dont wish that happen , I love meeting people in a certain place and drop items to them .
Well @FighterBoi most of the time i have seen the /trade command it says you have to be within a certain distance of the other player. Probably the same distance as the /v o command.

So you get the more secure trading and the irl feel to it too

I feel like that this is an exellent idea if you could figure out a way to combine secure and realistic trading. I agree that it would be great to have it like the vampire offer command where you have to be in a certain ammount of blocks for you to trade. But will this take away the value of the shops in the market? If this does indeed get created, I would love to see what it will change about MassiveCraft.

I feel like that this is an exellent idea if you could figure out a way to combine secure and realistic trading. I agree that it would be great to have it like the vampire offer command where you have to be in a certain ammount of blocks for you to trade. But will this take away the value of the shops in the market? If this does indeed get created, I would love to see what it will change about MassiveCraft.
Preety sure it will not take away the value of shops . Shops are for people to sell stuffs when they are busy at something or offline , /trade command and physical trading require the prescence of the players

I think this isn't needed, as shop signs accomplish nearly the same goal. Shop signs prevent scamming, let you sell particular items, require you to be within a certain range, and allow storage of items for sale. This trade feature seems too modern for a medieval server. I also can see people quickly tiring of this command as it seems like a drawn out process, and hitting q is much faster for normal trades.

I also have to point out that there are many ways to avoid scams. The /seen command allows you to check if someone has been playing long enough to have said item (there are execptions) and a premium can check if they have the proper amount of money. Simply screenshotting "I will give you this item for this price" can be solid proof along with the money log. Just as in real life, there are many trusted people that you can interact with.

• So the idea is a new way of buying and selling items that would prevent any scams from happening, the /Trade command. This command would allow people to sell items to other players without the item ever having to leave an inventory, while the item being sold would need to be in hand when offered after the player buys it the item swaps inventories. Heres some examples.

• /Trade sell [Playername] [Amount]
After thus the buyer would receive a message about the item, the buyer could then:

• /Trade Info [Playername] [Item]
To see the items enchants, lore, info, etc. If they wanted to buy the item they would simply put:

• /Trade buy [Playername] [Item] [Amount]

The buyers Regals would automatically go to the seller after the buy command was entered, the item would vanish from the sellers inventory and move into the buyers. Making it so no scams can occur, or people rushing by and thieving the items. A full list of /Trade commands might look something like this:

• /Trade sell [Name] [Amount]
• /Trade Info [Name] [Item]
• /Trade buy [Name] [Item] [Amount
• /Trade Cancel [Item] (In case you didn't want to sell the item after all)
• /Trade Edit [Item] [Amount]

All the commands on the sellers side would require the item being in hand.

I hope you like the idea for the /Trade plugin idea.

First off, would you be able to trade while being in different locations / worlds, seeing as (If I remember correctly) each world is a separate server due to sharding, I'm not sure if items would be able to travel between servers, or deleted from one player and spawned in another players inventory, or something.

Secondly, last time I checked scamming was against the rules. Not once have I ever traded with a person on massivecraft and received less than expected, unless due to mathematical error. Honestly I see no point of this plugin, or at least I know that if it was implemented I wouldn't really want to use it.

Although I appreciate the constructive thinking, to me it seems like you are simply trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Well @FighterBoi most of the time i have seen the /trade command it says you have to be within a certain distance of the other player. Probably the same distance as the /v o command.
@Peter Harsk This is what I was trying to say and you get the message that massive loves travel from the admin messages a lot and the other thing was a joke that I was trying to make about how much I go to Regulia and trade. Sorry that I was not clear and for trying to make a joke at my expense.

@znake1468 I like the idea of having to be in the same general area as the player such as with the /v o command. It would still keep people having to go see each other to do the trade.

@Chanter_ While scamming is against massivecrafts rules it doesnt stop some players from doing so. While one idea of the /trade plugin was to prevent scamming it would also prevent players from rushing by and looting items as a sell occured. Making it with no chance of scam, item theft during a sell, and letting the person see the lore/enchants of the item beforehand.

@znake1468 I like the idea of having to be in the same general area as the player such as with the /v o command. It would still keep people having to go see each other to do the trade.

@Chanter_ While scamming is against massivecrafts rules it doesnt stop some players from doing so. While one idea of the /trade plugin was to prevent scamming it would also prevent players from rushing by and looting items as a sell occured. Making it with no chance of scam, item theft during a sell, and letting the person see the lore/enchants of the item beforehand.
Another idea I also liked was the /price check (name) command. With the /trade, We could insert the ammount We wanted to sell it for and the , tthe /pricechek would show the last 10 prices an item was soldados for. I think this would also be a good implement.

Another idea I also liked was the /price check (name) command. With the /trade, We could insert the ammount We wanted to sell it for and the , tthe /pricechek would show the last 10 prices an item was soldados for. I think this would also be a good implement.
Would that be similar to the /worth command?

Would that be similar to the /worth command?
This could be easily abused by one friend selling the same items over and over again to your trading partner prior to the trade, so they could charge you much more than it is worth.