Archived Tp Timer

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Morbytogan

King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire
Reaction score
Faction
Desolation
Kingdom
-{ISOLATED}-
The Problem
In PvP, players can easily /f home or /tp spawn or something of that same ilk if they manage to get just a 10 second slot in which they aren't fighting. Also, if you manage to trap a player, they often are able to TP out before you're even able to get there to kill them. This ruins a lot of PvP and means that players have the option to escape almost instantly.
The Solution
To solve this problem, I believe several steps should be taken.
1) Combat tag - This should be increased to 45 seconds or 60 seconds, as 30 seconds means players are able to get BP potions far too easily.
2) Disable teleportation entirely when in combat. This would mean that players would have to try to escape or hide to TP away, as oppose to being able to easily escape in just 10 seconds.
3) Longer TP timer when in enemy territory. Maybe increase it to 30 seconds. This would prevent players from TPing out of traps straight away or being able to run inside, get a kill, and /f home.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Traps are gay go get some good kills instead of being a friend. If they're able to tp out within the 10 second timer while actually fighting instead of trapping get better at hitting and tracking where they go.
10 seconds is an awful time. It's just too easy to escape with.

Traps, to my knowledge, are illegal and banable. Also, you can't tp out when getting hit, it marks you as moving. Then resets the timer...

This is great for weeding out annoying PvPers, but what about the PvE faction that when someone comes to raid they just wanna run away and tp home? This change would make it harder for passive factions to survive raiding.

This is great for weeding out annoying PvPers, but what about the PvE faction that when someone comes to raid they just wanna run away and tp home? This change would make it harder for passive factions to survive raiding.
I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to have the times change based on the relationship of the land you're standing on.

For example,

Neutral/Ally/Truce ---> 10s.
Enemy---> 20s.

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to have the times change based on the relationship of the land you're standing on.

For example,

Neutral/Ally/Truce ---> 10s.
Enemy---> 20s.
This all depends on their coding database. If they are easily able to import faction plug in variables, then yeah. I believe that it is, because of the F home teleports. So, it would be a simple matter of an "if then" statement. It would check for a players faction, then if they are on the enemies land the variable for timing could = something else, if not, then nothing would change. If staff decides to implement this, it would probably come with the next factions plug in update.

The pacifist timer was 60s for a time, and while that was nice in principle, in actual practice this was a really long time to wait, which really slowed down fights to the point where it was actually kinda boring.

My two cents on the /tp time however, is that if you're trapping a player effectively, 10 seconds is plenty of time to land one hit on them. Many servers have a 5 or even 3 second teleport, which is ridiculous I admit. But with a 10 second /tp you're able to keep the ability to go between places easily, and trap and kill a player if you're efficient at it. If the player was able to teleport out from the trap, maybe it's a faulty trap design.

And now to speak as a player: no one wants to fight at bases with a bunch of traps. Sure, you might get a kill or two, but then no one will come because trap PvP isn't fun. The /tp timer shouldn't be changed just for people who want to get more kills in traps, in my personal opinion, as 10 seconds is ample time to find a player, even while chasing them. Kiting is a skill, remember.

Traps are gay go get some good kills instead of being a friend. If they're able to tp out within the 10 second timer while actually fighting instead of trapping get better at hitting and tracking where they go.
I feel like a kill is a kill, but I guess that's because I'm gay.

I feel like a kill is a kill, but I guess that's because I'm gay.
A kill is a kill, you're right. But trap PvP isn't fun, and specifically tailoring the /tp to that kind of thing isn't going to promote any healthy competition in the factions worlds

A kill is a kill, you're right. But trap PvP isn't fun, and specifically tailoring the /tp to that kind of thing isn't going to promote any healthy competition in the factions worlds

Tbt to Afrovia

Yea I wouldn't expect the /tp to be tailored to it. I was mostly commenting on the implication that people who use a trap are gay lmao.
Personally I think Traps themselves could be fun, but not as much for active PvP and more for protecting a Base. Being perpetually stuck in one would be lame though.