Archived Toooooo Much Factions

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yapudetofu

Leader of Thaelyn // Lord of Batavia
Reaction score
I really start thinking there is WAYYYYY too much Factions on Massivecraft. Sometimes, when I play, I really think there is 1 Faction leader / 2=3 Players.. Thats a non-sense in my opinion.. It should be around 1 Fac Leader/10-20 Players.. Dont you think so ^

We should really increase the price to create a faction to ; 500s

I know some will think Im an extremist, yes I am ;)..

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If they go inactive they are auto destroyed. So if someone has the silver and wanted to make a two person faction who are you to say they are playing wrong?

I personally am not a fan of raiding and see no point but if people enjoy it then I hope they have fun.

I really start thinking there is WAYYYYY too much Factions on Massivecraft. Sometimes, when I play, I really think there is 1 Faction leader / 2=3 Players.. Thats a non-sense in my opinion.. It should be around 1 Fac Leader/10-20 Players.. Dont you think so ^

I did..

Yet this still doesn't solve your dilemma.
You are saying there are too many current factions?
How would making them harder to create cause the current factions to disappear?

I say they are too many factions and too many factions always creating each day by players that will even stop playing in 1month.. I said, by increasing fac creating cost, we will reduce that fac creating rate and with time, (a year and more) they will be less faction in Massivecraft.

Maybe a solution would be that the autokick is reduced from 20 days to 10 days.

You know, higher price does not give less factions, it halts the amount of factions being created. The amount of factions dying on its own is VERY low. If we want less faction, then we have to start disbanding random factions, anyone up for it?

How would making them harder to create cause the current factions to disappear?
The reversed effect kinda. The more expencive factions the more people hold on to them, selling them when they are tired of them instead of letting them disband.

Sorry, but i don't this is the solution.

You know, higher price does not give less factions, it halts the amount of factions being created. The amount of factions dying on its own is VERY low. If we want less faction, then we have to start disbanding random factions, anyone up for it?

The reversed effect kinda. The more expencive factions the more people hold on to them, selling them when they are tired of them instead of letting them disband.

Sorry, but i don't this is the solution.
Like I said 4 times already, I do not want the current factions to disappear but REDUCE the FACTION CREATION RATE :)

Like I said 4 times already, I do not want the current factions to disappear but REDUCE the FACTION CREATION RATE :)
I understand somewhat about what you are saying, but in one of the perspectives there will be new people joining everyday and it's the faction owners job to satisfy these new people by offering them a space in there faction, new or old; it does have a tendency for newer factions with about <5 players to post on the server about there new faction. Secondly, the new people joining will most likely want to play on the server alot since there isnt much server left as dedicated as MassiveCraft, they will want to the same experience as alot of other people want control over a faction it is unfair to say to them you have to pay 500 silver just to make yourself a faction, the factions plugin would deteriorate over a long period of time. All in all; there is new people joining constantly and they will probably fill up all the new factions eventually, at least you can't make more than one faction per person.

The best way to reduce factions, both one-man and more: Overclaim.

I hope the admins are being strict on this rule as that would surely free up land to claim for new, active factions and get rid of the stupid one-man factions.

i see nothing wrong with one man factions personally, what if someone wants to be alone but wants the security of a faction. or say he wants to be a lone person but welcomes travelers, admin do not want limits on RP but reducing small factions can really do that

If they go inactive they are auto destroyed. So if someone has the silver and wanted to make a two person faction who are you to say they are playing wrong?

I personally am not a fan of raiding and see no point but if people enjoy it then I hope they have fun.
That used to be the case, and factions were fine. But now there are SO many players that even with a higher price, the number of factions only goes up, I think that the price should rise... again...

If there is less factions it may be a problem for the faction leaders to keep track on their users as there is over 4000 people who has been on this server.

in fact, there is only mods that disagree with me or what ^ lol..

there is over 4000 people who has been on this server.
Where does this facts come from? :P[DOUBLEPOST=1360186489][/DOUBLEPOST]
in fact, there is only mods that disagree with me or what ^ lol..
Erm, if you read the thread most disagree. By the way, would you not say you are a little hypocritical when you talk about fewer factions but have factions and subfactions yourself?

Anyway, most of 3/4 of massivecarft's factions are inactive.

Anyway, most of 3/4 of massivecarft's factions are inactive.
THATS the point.[DOUBLEPOST=1360187755][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where does this facts come from? :P[DOUBLEPOST=1360186489][/DOUBLEPOST]
Erm, if you read the thread most disagree. By the way, would you not say you are a little hypocritical when you talk about fewer factions but have factions and subfactions yourself?

I sold one of my sub-fac and give my other one to my best officer so atm I only got one ! and mine is active at least :)

lol, your proposition and your "Plan" are way out of whack, i vote change faction prices to 600 silver

Well I do agree there are to any factions. And I would like to see two sides. Alliance and Horde, the classic World of Warcraft style. But i do understand that the faction plugin wont work then.

There are so many factions that have fricking big bases. But almost every faction i visit feels so empty and lonely, and the lack details in buildings most factions make.

Anyway to reduce FCR. um.... Make it more expensive like 500 to 1000 silver. And increase the server player capacity.150 player on a server is very nice, but in MC it feels so empty. All these big cities look awesome but they feel like ghost towns.

I think we need more player interaction.

Sorry for the mixed off topic post.

I really start thinking we should create a poll about this and figure out the opinion of everyone..

Sorry, but this is not a democracy. We take your opinions in consideration, but we decide if a poll of any kind is needed.

Igel, add this to the opinions: instead of 10chunks of claim power per member, 4 chunks per member. This would prevent factions from having bases and cities far to large for their population size.

I used to have a faction for all of my alts. Mad?

I can feel the love in here, thanks for supporting us! :)

To be honest if you are a big server and a popular one at that using factions, you will expect a lot of factions being create that are pointless simply due to the fact people want the safety of not being griefed, which is understandable.
Small factions I find are the most suitable for my style as I create little areas for specific roles, such as a fishing hamlet near the ocean or a tavern on the road side, quite often I don't bother with protecting it for everyone to use.
The problem is big factions, the amount of land that is claimed by some larger factions is crazy from what I have seen on the maps, and a lot of them contain ugly (un-medieval I might add) buildings which are always walled off, it's at this point I get annoyed and I have seen it on many servers.
It's very hard to get the balance where everyone is happy, personally I would like to see kingdoms with a capital (the only very large faction) and smaller/medium sized hamlets/villages/towns/factions inside.

Igel, add this to the opinions: instead of 10chunks of claim power per member, 4 chunks per member. This would prevent factions from having bases and cities far to large for their population size.
coming from a micro faction, no way.
I wouldn't be able to protect much more than a standard sized house, let alone anything worth building, I'm having enough trouble as is.
I, and many others only really play minecraft for the building, being unable to prevent someone bashing down a wall and killing me and/or stealing any valuable blocks would kill the game for any independent builders like me.

I think the price is hard enough to reach already.
I also wish there was more land for factions.[DOUBLEPOST=1360973765][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe 8 chunks, instead of 4 or 10. Another an easy solution is to make the worlds bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.