Tolstan De Ormiel

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Naz_Cook, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Naz_Cook

Naz_Cook My mouth is a wormhole for Toohey's Extra Dry

Tolstan de Ormiel
    A drunk Ithanian sailor

[​IMG]
    Basic Information
    • Full Name: Tolstan Wynyard de Ormiel (Previously de Florian)
      • Ithanian: Tolstan Tomaise-Looxois Mer Coeur de Ormiel Hirondelle de Saint Philippe
      • Velheimer: Tolstan Wynyard Hjortvik
    • Nicknames: Tolly, Toast, Tol, Tols, Stan, Pacifist, Tattoo Man
    • Race: Ailor
      • Culture: Ithanian and Velheimer
      • Lineage: Nautilaan
    • Prefered Weapon: Fists or a mug
    • Some regals (around 30-40r)
    • A bag of bird seeds
    • A knife
    • A trench saw
    • A little flask for some drinks
    • Another flask for some drinks (gotta have a spare)
    • A bar of soap
    • The Key to his Cabin on his boat (Don't really work since the boat got fucking destroyed)

Skill Information
    • Total Points: 28 (skill cap)
      • +15 Sailing Art (+10 Hobby +5 Nautilaan Passive)
      • +5 Keyboard Instrument (+5 Talent)
      • +5 Captian Command (+5 Talent)
      • +20 Sword Combat (+15 Points +5 Racial Boost)
      • +10 Fist Combat (+10 Points)
      • +3 Hunting Art (+3 Points)
    • Body Shape
      • Physical Stats: 30 stat
      • Body Shape: Muscular
      • Body Fat: Average body fat
    • Languages
      • d'Ithanie: The language of his father and the language he uses the most. He was taught this as a child and kept speaking it throughout his life. Fluent.
      • Skodje: His first language that was taught to him by his mother and father. He doesn't use this language as often and is a little rusty. Fluent
      • Common: Tolstan learnt this out of nessessity as he sailed around the world and while he was in the navy. He is not so great with this language but he can get around.
    • Special Traits/Spells/Mutations
      • Infallible Navigator
      • Iron Gut
      • Favored by the Sea
      • L'oiseau Éclair: He has a ship named the L'oiseau Éclair with an NPC crew (Sailing Art)
      • Scorrico Bloodline (Inactive): Was infected, but now is cured.
      • Shilôt Bloodline (Inactive): Got infected, fun times. But now is cured.
    Visual Information
    • Eye Colour: Green
    • Hair Colour: Dirty brown
    • Hair Style: Sruffy on the top with shaved back and sides
    • Skin Colour: Generic white skin
    • Clothing: Working clothes, usually just a shirt with rolled sleeves and pants
    • Height: 191cm | 6'3”
    Personality & Abilities
    • Character Alignment: Chaotic Good
    • Character Personality Type: The Adventurer
    • Character Religion:
      • Priscellian Unionism: 5/10: As a son of a somewhat prestigious Ithanian, he grew up as a Unionist, believing in the spirit as a god.
      • Old Gods: 5/10: But he was also brought up in Nord Skag where many of the locas converted to Unionism but kept ideas of their old faith creating a syncretic form of Unionism. Tolstan was drawn to this idea.

Life Story

The Shores of Saint Phillippe
    • Tolstan's story began on a storymy autum's night in the quiet seaside settlement of Saint Philippe, a quaint Ithianian trading post in a remote corner of Nordskag. He was born a twin and the youngest child of Pierre de Florian and Else Selvik.
    • Pierre was a trapper, he hunted pelts for a living as part of his family's trading company. Recently he became wheel chair bound after a hunting incident and was placed in charge of the settlement by his cousin who ran the company as well as the settlement. Else was a Velheimer from the local village across the harbour. She was the real backbone of the settlement and the de Florian family.
    • While Tolstan's family was not trying to educate him in the ways of both Velheimers and Ithanians, he would spend his time messing around with his friends and siblings along the waterside or at the edge of the forests that surrouned them. Often he would run off to a nearby hill to watch the talls ships as they arrived in the harbour to collect the pelts from the settlement.
    Aboard the Kandia
    • While his siblings would go to the various school around Ithania and Regalia to further their education or to gain skills, Tolstan instead decided he wanted to learn to become a sailor or a captian. When he was barely 13 his parents reluctently let him board the Kandia, the ship of their their close friend Captian Wynyard.
    • He would spend the next three or so years aboard the ship, learning to sail, navigate the waves and even learnt how to fight with a sword as well as his fists as the crew got into some barfights. He found himself a prodgy with the blade.
    • All good things had to come to an end though and on one stormy night, their ship was washed up onto the rocks of the coast of Fendarfelle. Most of the crew survived and managed to make their way to a nearby town but Wynyard was lost to the waves.
    Horrors in the Imperial Navy
    • The crew eventually made their way along the shore and found themselves in a colonial town. Tolstan and the other remaining sailors discovered that the Imperial Regalian Navy was recruiting and shipping out in a matter of days. They saw this as the easiest way to escape the colonies and make their ways back home. So naive as they were, the six young sailors enlisted.
    • Soon they would find themselves in the middle of the First Songaskian war. They raced over to the archipelago to aid the Empire. Here he would only be able to watch as two of the other sailors would circum to war.
    • Over the next few years he would be cycled from conflict to conflict, doing various tasks for the navy such as going on cartogpahy expiditions, resupplying military positions and routine patrols. During this time, the origional six has become two, it was just Tolstan and one of the other sailors.
    • The Second Songaskian War soon came and after a few weeks of waiting around for orders, Tolstan's ship was suddenly no longer being sent east to help fight the Mayasa and instead it was sent up North to Drixagh, to crush the rebellion up there.
    • Tolstan, a Velheimer and still a teenager found himself being a perpetrator of the Burning of the North. The young and scared Tolstan, faring he would be executed or caught on the other side of the burning, he just would continue in aiding the Empire. His skill with his sword was tested and he would be helpless as became the last of the sailors of the Kandia as the other remain sailor would burn to a crisp when the wildfire engulfed him.
    • After his party was defeated by a band of Skaggers, Tolstan was taken prisoner and was discovered to be a Velheimer. They branded him with a symbol for "Traitor" and prepared to keep him around as a prisoner or slave.
    • The Skaggers would leave one day to help fight the Empire, leaving a few behind with their prisoners. Tolstan took the opportunity to escape. He managed to get hold of his sword before killing those left to guard him. After gathering supplies and warm clothes, he would set out, heading south, leaving the fires and the Navy behind him.
    Sailing the Seas On a Ship Named Angeline
    • Tolstan now haunted by the Burning was now apart of the crew of the small sea fearing ship named the Angeline and had dumped his sword into the ocean somewhere between Lusits and Regalia, swearing to never take up arms again.
    • The Angeline was captianed by the eccentric Jos Van Ruen who took pitty on Tolstan and took him in as some sort of son figure. Jos would go on to teach Tolstan some life lessons as they sailed around.
    • During this period, he went to Ithania too meet his twin brother Esteban to go bury their eldest brother Pascal, a knight of the Villiers-Eclaire Order who was branded a traitor by his peers after he died defending Ithiania from de Gosselin. Tolstan reluctently took Pascal's blacksteel sword named Espérer to hold onto it until Pascal's daughter would be old enough to weild it.
    • Eventually Jos has succumb to sicknesses and passed away, leaving the Angeline in Tolstan's hands.
    Current situation
    • Tolstan has now arrived in the city of Regalia to find work for him and his ship. He has now found work with the de Piedmont family where he is one of their loyal trade emissaries. He can also be found doing some smuggling on the side.
    • On an expadition to Mirnoye, the Angeline got destroyed by a statue in Mirnoye that shot out a lightening bolt at it. Meanwhile he got a vampiric infection from his girlfriend. He has since been given a new ship but the Vidugglas named L'oiseau Éclair.
    • One night while drunk, he and his lover, Alethia Ormiel decided to get married before she would leave to Daen. They both changed their last names to de Ormiel as some strange mash up of the two, even though it literally means "of Ormiel".

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Naz_Cook, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  2. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

3. Rochelle_

Rochelle_ not-so-hidden dragon

Hi! It’s review time! ​
    • First off, he barely has three sentences for most of his personality paragraphs. I would like this expanded, please!
    • So you say culturally he is Velheimer, though he is born and raised in Ithania. I would say people outside of his family would influence him to act more Ithania, even though his parents tried to raise him Velheimer. Perhaps change the location? Or say he was raised in a primarily Velheimer settlement in Ithania instead of having his family being his only cultural influence?
    Please make these edits in a new color and tag me @Rochelle_ when you finish!

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  4. Rochelle_

Hey, have you done these? Let me know!

5. Naz_Cook

@Rochelle_ Sorry for that really long time for this to be done. But I have finished with the edits ,but had originally wrote down that he was from an Ithanian trading post in Nordskag not the other way round like you said which confused me a bit. But I changed that culture stuff up any way because you were right and it didn't make much sense.

6. Rochelle_

I see what you did there with the proficiencies, but I'm sorry to say you'll have to choose one cultural boost, not just half the two. Please fix this and you'll be good to go!

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  7. Naz_Cook

Can I choose just a little of one proficiency with like +5 axe without the body care stuff or something like that

8. Rochelle_

You can debuff your points all you’de Like, but you cannot have both cultural proficiencies.

9. Naz_Cook

Cool, thank you for clarifying that

10. Naz_Cook

11. Rochelle_

Cool! You're Approved!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  12. Naz_Cook

Thank you, sorry that it took a long time

13. Naz_Cook

Pretty much changed the whole thing

14. Naz_Cook

15. TheBioverse

TheBioverse ❖ Prince of Thieves ❖

Approved!
    Apologies for the delay @Naz_Cook

16. Naz_Cook

Updated for the prof update

17. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

18. Naz_Cook

@Katiesc Changed profs and aged him up a year

#18 Naz_Cook, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  19. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

20. Naz_Cook

@Katiesc Updated name for Ithanian update, changed a couple of profs and did up the backstory (nothing much changed with the backstory, just re-worded it pretty much)

21. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

22. Naz_Cook

@Katiesc Whoops was supposed to do re-review but oh well. Updated for vampire infection

23. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  24. Naz_Cook

Cured and name change