Together

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Nirnro0t, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

[​IMG]
    The nights cool winds flew past her cheeks, her legs flying under her as her boots slammed against the hard streets of Regalia, the few nighttime travelers nearly barreled over. For too long had she been threatened by fear. Too long was she scared of one man and one man alone. No more. There was only one thought in her head, replaying over and over in her head.

She had to find Milo.

Milo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Joy
    [​IMG]
    There was a redhead shrieking in the Nestled Nook Inn, and for once, to Fen'nan's amusement, it wasn't her. She watched the Ailor redhead reel her hand back, throwing another piece of stale bread for whomever took cover behind the other end of the couch. She glimpsed a head of dark brown hair.

"Murderer! He's a killer!" the woman shouted, drawing Fen's attention further as she swaggered up behind the yelling woman.

"Murderer? I happen to love murderers," Fen'nan remarked wryly, clearly humored, wiping her hands on the apron of the barmaids uniform she adorned before putting her hands on her hips, "who is it?"

"I'm not a murderer," a male voice said loudly from the couch, taking the opportunity to rise with the lack of bread being thrown towards him. Fen'nan slowly arched a crimson brow, taking in the shorter Estalar's looks, from the pale skin, the scarred face, and the one red eye that stared back. To the tiniest details of the few strands of dark hair that hung before his face, and the blindingly bright red scarf.

The corner of her lips upturned, cocking her head to the side as she peered at the Brood while the short Ailor beside her calmed. "A murderer might say that too, ya know," Fen'nan replied, taking a few arrogant strides towards him.

His own lips formed a smirk, his own amusement to the ordeal beginning to show. "Perhaps. But last I checked I hadn't killed anyone anytime soon."

Fen’nan barked a laugh. "Lets hypothetically say you're not a murderer, who are ya?"

"You can call me Milo."

"I'm Fen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Struggle
    [​IMG]
    The walls of the sewer fortress seemed to close around her as she watched the horde of mercenaries near the gates from below. They outnumbered the rest of her people by at least five times. The battle was lost before it begun. She looked around to the other three around her, adorned in masks. She sought the green eyes beneath one at her left, before looking to the one at her right, seeking the red brood eye underneath it until she found it.

She knew that they knew it too.
    "There's too many."

Milo turned his masked face to peer outwards at the mercenaries. Within seconds they'd be at the gates. "There are indeed...a lot."

"Whatever happens today...thank you for always standing with me," she kept her voice strong, steady. The thrum of her heart beat like a war drum inside, opposing the pit of dread in her stomach. She turned her head back towards the encroaching enemies. "Ready?"

The man at her left waited tensely. Milo himself nodded, his expression unreadable from the mask he adorned, he reached back, freeing the eastern blade from it's sheath. The metal glinting menacingly in the sewers dim lighting. "Right beside you. Ready."

Fen'nan pulled the arrow back on the string as the mercenaries stopped at their gates, her eyes narrowing as she took aim. "Good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Loss
    [​IMG]
    It was a blur of sudden angry motions. The dirge stabbed into Milo's abdomen over and over, sinking into flesh. Fen'nan barely heard her own scream of horror, throwing her aching, weak strength into shoving his assailant, “NO!”

The man relented in his anger, allowing it. His clanking footfalls indicating his leaving of the cell. Fen'nan's knees hit the cell's floor as Milo fell to the ground limply.

"No, no, no," Fen pulled Milo's head into her lap, choking back her emotions. She slapped at Milo's cheeks lightly as his eyes struggled to remain open, running her hands urgently through his hair, "stay with me. Milo stay with me, please, please, please!" she reached towards her hand, ripping the recently bandaged branded palm off her skin, applying the used wrappings to his stomach before tearing the bandage from her head off, ripping away the wrappings to press to his stomach.

Her hands trembled as she watched the wrappings soak up his blood, staining her hands in his blood, knowing that no matter how many times she washed her hands, his blood would always be on them. Vision became blurry as she failed to spur the blood flow. "You're okay. You're gonna be okay," she repeated, salty tears running down her bruising face, dripping unto Milo, "Please," Fen sobbed, choking on her own gasps for air, her hands tightly pulling Milo’s head to her chest. A plead to whatever gods could hear her.

"Please don't leave me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rage
    [​IMG]
    "You're always going to be leverage, don't you get that?!" Fen’nan nearly screamed her words. The hard pounding of her chest only giving her more incentive to unleash her rage on Milo as they stood before the roaring fireplace of the Nook.

She gave a wave of her branded palm before pointing it towards the flames turning her back to him as she paced. The vague, lion shaped sigil scar vanishing as she closed her hand. Fen knew if she looked at his wrist she'd find the same marking. "You're a weakness. You will ALWAYS be used to hurt me. Your life will always be in danger because of me. You're never going to live!"

Milo stared back at her, the Estalar unrelenting, calmer then her, despite her icy tone. He spoke evenly. "My life was always in danger before this. You just made my life more interesting."

The redhead shook her head, lips pressing into an angry thin line as she paced back and forth. "Not like this. Not like him."

"You can say, or do whatever you want to try and get me to go. But it's not going to work. Don’t forget I’m also stubborn. I'm not leaving."

The Altalar threw out her arms, whirling on him to jab a finger in his direction, seething. Her hissed words were ice, harsher then the burning flames she stood before. "Then that makes you the biggest idiot in Regalia."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Acceptance

[​IMG]
    The two stood on a cliffside, an array of stars putting on a glimmering display above them, the cool winds washing over them. After several beats of silence Fen spoke.

"The fear, anger, madness. He’s killing us and he’s not even here,”
    she stared at the scar in her palm before closing her fist. “It’s changed me. Changed you. Regalia is moving on. It's time we started living again too."

Milo looked towards her a moment, "Agreed," he looked back upwards towards the array of twinkling stars, the cliffside's biting wind tossing their hair around. "A new beginning."

Fen'nan's gaze lifted to the sky, her expression soft. "And when the storm hits again. We'll face it, as we always have."

"Together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Love
    [​IMG]

Defeat clung to her steps, dragging her feet back up the stairs to Crookback castle. Her voice was hoarse, her legs burning. She'd searched all over the city. Yelled until her lungs were raw, and still she could not find Milo. And maybe...maybe it was better that way. For the both of them. Fen'nan outstretched her clawed hands towards the castle door when the sounds of steps made her pause. She turned.

Milo stood at the top of the steps. The Brood offered her a faint smirk and a two-fingered wave of his mutated wolf-like hand. Fen'nan blinked her golden eyes, the Saivale Kathar staring at him a moment her, moonlight white braid swishing in the gentle breeze, nearly glowing under the stars.

She knew she not quite Fen anymore. But both of them had changed. Regalia had changed them. But they were both stronger for it. And they had both endured it. Together.

Fen'nan made several quick strides towards the Brood, nearly lunging at him before trapping the man in a brief kiss as she brought their lips together.

Milo gave her a startled look, blinking rapidly. Clearly taken aback. The Estalar opened his mouth. "I--"

"I just...really wanted to do that."

After a split second, a small smile lifted Milo's features, the surprise fading from his features slowly as he stared back at the Kathar. "I'm glad you did."

Fen'nan Solaveira smiled.

"Me too."

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    #1 Nirnro0t, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  2. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

Omg I love this so fucking much. So fucking talented @Atraxiaa

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. SleepyIsVerySlep