To Do Justice

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Northern_Ireland, May 2, 2020.

1. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To all good Unionists,

Justice is a tool which when used correctly maintains peace. Keeps the innocent and the law-abiding safe. Allows our good streets to be kept clean and well. Yesterday however, justice was not followed. Herr Isidoro- prior Lumos to The Holy Divine Inquisition (whom has since resigned on his own accord) was arrested for suspicion for- as Commander Kalmar of the Old Guard claims: the violation of Property Law for a small fire caused by the Old Town clinic. He was arrested for such crimes but received no trial, no consultation was delivered to the Grand Adjudicator. And yet the man, a high ranking guard and devout Unionist, was illegally beaten to satisfy a dangerous reputation Commander Kalmar believes is under threat.

Commander Kalmar calls for the importance of justice, however exceeded his own powers by seeing Isidoro publicly beaten for crimes that had not been yet proven. Regardless of outcome the Adjudicator was to decide his fate, not Commander Kalmar. He had failed to control his man, Oldguardsman Corjah as he attempted to incite the public to 'turn against' the Inquisition for preventing the viewing of such an illegal punishment- whom had previous and personal ill-relations with Herr Isidoro. With this, other Oldguards called death-threats and insult to the Inquisition, all while on duty in the armour that once stood for justice.

On other occasions, my High Inquisitor Alaric Keen- who has acted brilliantly and as a fantastic representation of my authority as I had my leave was previously shot by the Old Guard when he was taking the Puppet into custody- a being might I add that has just recently received a ten thousand regal bounty by the Lord Chancellor after having been set free previously.

I have done well to try and fix these inter-charter strains so the city may benefit from a unified and coherent guard system. Increased communications, inter-charter activities and such. However the frequent attempted 'flexes' of power by the Old Guard, mustering ten men with swords drawn to seize helms at the Stronghold to name but an example has made it clear to me that they are more concerned with upholding their reputation rather than using their numbers where it is needed- with daily patrols and training as the Inquisition carries out each day.

Inter-charter turmoil is a real issue that needs resolved soon, I truly wish for good relations among all guard-forces within this city after the waves have settled. However I fear it is now more prevalent than ever that charters and those within them are using their positions to target those among others.

Ave to all, may the nights fare safe and may the Spirit Bless,

Wolfgang of Genevaud
    Grand Inquisitor of The Holy Divine Inquisition
    [​IMG]

• Powerful x 18
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    #1 Northern_Ireland, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

claimed

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

“Shut the fuck up.” Commented the local, angry Archblood.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Educated Educated x 1
  4. FilicidalIdeals

FilicidalIdeals we're gonna go get married

"Shut the fuck up." Commented the local, always angry Sihndar, behind the angry Archblood.

• Powerful Powerful x 7
  5. AlysaPotato

AlysaPotato Daensquad

After having a friend read the notice to him he felt a sense of pride. Manuel then went off to the Wunderbar Tavern to celebrate with a rum.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DankDan

DankDan The Forgotten one

Daniel would cross his arms as he closed his eyes and shook his head gentlySwords drawn? We only went in there in formation and stood there while some old pest gave out flowers to us as we waited... just more lies to add on the table.With that, he continued his patrol around the city and towards Grey Gate

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. ThePear

ThePear Pear

Jack Simply looks at this and thinks,
    If the Charters Unify the Inquisition would have the most power, They outnumber all the other guard charters.
    I definitely don't want the Inquisition having power over every Guard in the city that's for sure.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  8. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

Murielle strolled by, her head held high with her arms locked behind her back. She stopped to read the notice, after reading it in full, a slight smile formed on her face but it disappeared as quickly as it went. She strolled off once more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  9. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

"How are they still guards when they clearly hate the state?" Claire wonders.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Alaric Keen strolls down the hall of a certain villa towards the Inquisitional headquarters office, the clacking of his leather boots knocking on its concrete floor with a loud 'thump'. Near him, an open window blew briny air, the flow of it swirling through his hair. Down below him on the courtyard grounds, ready and armored soldiers stood in formation, chanting the phrase Ave consecutively. Alaric continued down the elegant tunnel until he finally viewed the Grand Inquisitor Wolfgang Kreiburg, placing it down on his desk with a nod.

"I concur."

• Like Like x 1
  11. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]
    A reply was posted under the announcement.

If you want inter-charter justice, start talking to those in charge rather than making your grievances public like a whining farmer's wife. You're an Inquisitor, not a gossiping old crone. the people do not like you and you are aware of that, why you would think the public will side with you on a matter you are clearly ignorant towards showcases severe incompetence and lack of public awareness. Perhaps if your Inquisitors and yourself acted per your job description we, the Regalian Law Enforcement, and the public and those in the Nook, would not even half two thirds of the issues as they are having with your charter.

Long story short. Do your Spirit be damned job and get off announcement boards. Needless to say, these public seditious posts will end or your tenure will.

May the Spirit Protect,
    William Algar Howlester

Imperial Marshal
    Grand Commander of the Old Guard​

• Powerful x 27
    • Creative x 3
    • Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
  12. minecraftsman03

minecraftsman03 Matt_DayMan

Oscar simply looks at the notice, he sighs deeply. He seemingly more calmer then last time. He just looks at the board, and walks away. Holy Divine Inquisition...he scoffs as he keeps walking Just rename themselves the Fanatics...all this propaganda...it really is only a matter of time before we begin to fight...and that will cause more trouble then the Clickers ever will. They just want more power don't they? Most numbers..they will surely just force us...agh... he rubs his head This is all to complicated for me. He then walks off to Greygate, he puts away his armor and goes to grab a beer, he really needs one after all of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DolittleGuy

DolittleGuy Scrungo Enthusiast

"Corjah this, Corjah that! It's almost as if the Old Guard employ brainless brutes rather than competent guardsmen to prance around instead of doing their jobs. Good thing I got out of the guards when I did." An Eriunin let out a hearty laugh, adjusted his eye patch slightly, and took a drag of his sigg. "Still. At least the Inquisition is getting their comeuppance. Oh well for the guards as a whole, though." He shrugged after that, reclining in the seat of a slightly dilapidated chair.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Nicomachean

Nicomachean

Aldebrand read the reply, having already read the announcement.

"Or maybe, its the fact that we are enforcing the law, is the reason everyone is so on edge."

He shook his head, as he realized he wasn't the only one mumbling his self monologue into empty space. With a quick turn of his feet he was off toward the stronghold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

A creature made of complete Shadow looked over the letters.
    "The Inquisition is far in the wrong, the other chapters have done Void nothing wrong. And I believe Oldguards, or frankly any other possible guard chapter out there. Over those bastards anyways now and days."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. 8914

8914 civilian_scream(3).mp3_ooeeee

Three Inquisitors marched along dragging a shackled Kathar by the arm as they went. Church - their executioner, stopped to read the notice giving It a once-over whilst his tattered black cloak faintly blew in the winds that occasionally passed by. His hood continued to obscure his eyes and with a ghostly gesture of his headsman's axe, Church silently orders the men to continue before stomping off behind them like a big angry bear without words.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #16 8914, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  17. Madbull16

Madbull16

Malthus: An certain Altalar vampire smirks "Mm." "These fools fight among themselves.." "Perfect the divided easily fall, seems like my work will be a lot easier than expected.." he strides off back to the sewers.

Sidressa Al-Wali: A qadir looks to the notice board "Mm." "Why must we remain divided.. can't they see we need to stand together in order to protect this city from harm?" The qadir walks away a sad expression on her face.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Heh

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  19. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

William Alexander had stood to stare towards the notices, shaking slightly at the sight of the notice. He'd begin to growl as he'd look towards the Grand Inquisitor's words. "Spirit, please forgive them.. forgive me.. They can't become the Blackguard. They just can't. Within the ranks, I know all too well what it felt like to be hated by all and loved by none. It wasn't a victory. It wasn't something that the Spirit would have been proud of. Please, Spirit. Help them understand that this path will only lead to ruin." The Curate had begun to give a prayer in front of the notice board before heading off to the Salvation Church.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  20. Beleiver

Beleiver I'm a Believer

Ai Ilclyfe walked along, stopping to glance at the notice board. Upon seeing this notice, he'd give a nod and mutter; "It's about time he spoke out about this. Maybe this'll stop their damn 'flexes.' Once thats done, maybe they'll stop shitting on us and rather the real threats- clickers, vampires and the like." he'd sigh, going to walk off.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  21. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

[​IMG]
    A notice held underneath the post written in a more than legible manner, although familiar- by the hand of the Old Guard's scribe. The yellow-tinted paper was stained with an Old Guard sigil of balance, and justice twice, instead of once. The page was long, most of the posts were ripped- and tattered from the worn of weather. Though all held the same distinct message as the last which was largely up to public interpretation. Criers from the city streets would be upon pedestals, speaking the word of the notice to the commoners and otherwise. Though strangely, singularly addressed to one man.
    To Wolfgang of Genevaud,

You seem to speak much about threat, Herr Wolfgang. I will tell you about threat. Threat is the inevitable circumstance of an imposing power who means ill-will on the grander scheme of justice, something that tries to hold equal ground with moraly good, or tower above that good. Threat is when a man, and so many men before him in that same position uses the understanding of faith, and abuses it for malicious power to drive fear when he can barely hold himself on his own two-feet. I see it a day where the Inquisition coencides with the faithful to bring the citizenry at peace without fearing for their own lives as they do today, Wolfgang. A day where the accusations made by ambitious 'holy' men will instead be driven toward the evil nature that does plague these streets. I was never the cause for your downfall, Wolfgang, the Inquisition paved their own path early on that they would work as their own entity, and as much as I humored your facade for good nature I know see it as a ploy for wasted time to save the ass of something you could've never started. You question my authority, my will, and my morality, and I may be any version of the character you've created through your words, but at the end of the day- Wolfgang- the difference between you and I is that I do not see myself as paramount to any man. I do not believe in mistakes, I believe in the ignorance of disobediant children. Any criminal convicted under a crime under the eye of law-enforcement is guilty until proven innocent. Now stop playing with your imagination and finish what you started.

Signed,
    Kalmar Lok-Guthrain
    Commander of the Old Guard
    Owner of the Lok Estate
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 14
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. BillyTheScruffy

William sat back in his office, pouring himself a small glass of a decently old bourbon from the western parts of Calemberg. He brought the glass to his lips, savouring the taste as he glanced out across the city. A familiar tune filled his head.

• Powerful x 10
    • Creative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  23. Gochnipunchni

Gochnipunchni Pocket Princess

“Shut the fuck up” commented the not remotely local, usually relaxed Etosian Archblood behind the not so local, always angrier Sihndar, behind the local, always angry Sihndar, behind the angry Archblood

Full circle!

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  24. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Alexis gave the paper a quick glance minding only its broader details and not even bothering to read the now custom trail of following denunciations and responses. "When a fish rots from the head down I can't see a reason to bat at the fins like a timid alleycat" she would later state to no one in particular besides perhaps her cat Magnus.

25. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

etrh.png
    A reply is pinned right beneath the Grand Commander's own reply.

"The matter of inter-charter conflict was already brought up as a concern at the most recent Commons Meeting. These concerns were promptly shut down by the Assembly, of which the Guard Charter Adjudicator happens to be a part of. You criticize resorting to the side of the public, yet it is the public which the Inquisition has so valiantly protected while other charters would waste time childishly meandering about, interfering with the affairs of one another. Funny that you would even consider mentioning the word "seditious" when it has been the members of your own and other charters who have repeatedly incited not just their fellow guardsmen, but people of the public to hinder the affairs of the Inquisition. Do not presume to know of ignorance when it is ignorance that has blinded the Old Guard and the other charters into believing that what they are doing is legal. If "those who are in charge" refuse to recognize and commit to the problem, then it is the least the Inquisition can do to call for a rally, in the name of union and cooperation between the charters."

Talk about lack of public awareness..."

Yours truly;
    Xabi Playero
    Lumos of the Holy Divine Inquisition
    @BillyTheScroofy

etrh.png

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  26. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

"I don't even know why I try anymore," the self-proclaimed Lich Lord grumbled to themselves as they threw every paper they had within their hands. Defeated by their own lack of successful action, both of their bony hands slapped against their thigh as they gave a dejected exhale, speaking to their pupils (masked and unmasked, the Lich would not ask questions) that sat before them. "I needn't slander the world above when they seem to do it all themselves! Let this be known, they within the audience; never sign your name on something you are unwilling to die for, and never forget your sins, for your follies will always remember you have something to pay for committing them even if you deny it to yourself. This can come in the form of natural 'karma' or by another man who happens to make use of your lack of discipline on the tongue."

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. BillyTheScruffy

The Howlester returned another announcement.

Whatever opium you are smoking, you really ought to give me the details of your supplier. The Inquisition is hated, its disliked and even cross charter, the accusations of corruption against yours piles a mile high. The public feel victimised and abandoned by the Inquisition. It is the public that the Inquisition have slapped, abused and attacked unprovoked on numerous occasions which has prompted this era of hate not only towards guard charters, but towards the faith of Unionism. You and yours are a disgrace to the faith. You are a disgrace to Law enforcement. The sooner you realise that, the sooner you'll be guided back on the path of the Great Way. It is opportunistic however that you have mentioned the issue of cross charter problems. I brought this very same one to the Lord Chancellor two days ago. The Old Guard is now charged with hearing and adjudicating cross charter criminal, seditious and accusations of corruption as well as punishing those creating issues for the entirety of Regalian Law enforcement. It speaks volumes that you'd bring this topic to public light without actually consulting the Regalian Government about the nature of the current public predicament. You, your charter and this incarnation of the Inquisition need to get their act together. The people are laughing, and they arent laughing with you. Sort yourselves out and get back to /guard/ work. You make shit politicians.

W. Howlester.​

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Ocularum

Ocularum Scott Staff Member PR3

Addressed to Grand Inquisitor Wolfgang.

The self-congratulatory nature of your message weakens any point you could have made.

Had you, at any point, studied the laws of this Empire you would know that anyone, "criminal" or not, is guilty until proven innocent. However, unfortunate it may be that individuals find themselves punished for crimes they may not have committed, the vast majority is punished rightfully and to the best ability of our guardsman.

That is the way things are and the way they will continue to be until everyone that makes a mockery of our legal system sees fit to approach it properly. I see, in your words, an attempt to twist public opinion in your favor rather than addressing a failing of current leadership and law. I’ll inform you that the Judiciary is a system separate from your petty charters; meaning that it is difficult to have the trial you likely failed to request when the Charter you complain about has rights to enforce Regalian Law.

To do justice in this State is not to satisfy your personal morality. To do justice is to follow the laws that have been set by our Chancellor and deliver punishment as necessary. You call for justice and discuss the supposed illegality of another Charter’s action, but are somehow unable to articulate how.
    Signed,
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Educated Educated x 2
  29. HorizonCythulu

HorizonCythulu The Insane

It seemed a very small inscription below this.

Please, learn how to do your job correctly so other Charters don't have to fix your mistakes for you. As of how things stand right now,
    your entire Charter’s presence is unwanted and unneeded. Get your act together, Wolfgang. Show you can be the protectors the people of Regalia deserve.

Signed, Howard Terric.

[​IMG]
    "Bastard." He muttered under his breath as he walked away.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  30. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

The Dark Shadowy figure watches as the notes from different Commanders and nobles alike began to pile up. Going back and forth at each other.
    "I feel like I'm not meant to be entertained by watching the chapters go back and forth like this. But for some reason I am...I kinda feel bad."

31. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

A clawed red hand handed a copy of the notice to a certain Altalar. She read it, and after doing so she shook her head, emitting a soft chuckle.

"When are they gonna kiss and makeup? Or would it be more entertaining to see them tear each other apart?"

32. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

"You know, if there is a positive to these announcements it's that at least we're not mentioned in this one." Nym'vrae idly commented to Jhaartael beside her, using her gauntlet hand to motion to the flier.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. BillyTheScruffy

Amidst his drink the Howlester felt the urge to utter the word "Arcanum". Why? He did not know why, but it just felt right.
    @Katiesc

• Powerful x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  34. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

And suddenly, and dreadfully at that, a haunting tune would begin to ring within her ears.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  35. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  36. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

A certain Altalar ran her bright gaze over the numerous amounts of papers before bursting out into hysterics, doubling over. Once she recovered she wiped a tear from her eye, her grin broad. “Oh politics,” she mused to her Brood companion. “With all this babbling, jacobinism goes right over their heads,” she squinted and gave a laugh.

Gods, Howlester put them in the ground didn’t he?

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  37. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

Deep within the forest, a man wearing bloodied and ragged armor sat by a fire, a freshly killed and butchered deer in front of him. All was silent for quite a bit, the only noise being the sizzling of meat in a pan. A few minutes passed by, the man content in his own little world within the woods. Then, a familiar voice roused him from his peace.

"Abelhard! Check this out."

The man turned at that, a faint smile crossing his features as a familiar Archblood approached. He'd reach out, taking the stack of papers from her. "Camilla, whats-- Oh." The man's face soured for a brief moment, reading over them. Nonchalantly, he'd note "Well- It wasn't like this wasn't going to come eventually. At least the paper will make good kindling for tomorrow, eh?" The Archblood nodded once or twice, and they exchanged pleasantries over some food. She soon departed, and the Man tossed the stack of papers into his fire, continuing to devour the venison which he had dragged down.

"Oh well- Not my problem anymore."

@Ailethi

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  38. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

dragged the joke not funny anymore

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  39. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  40. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

In a moment of pure discontent that couldn't be contained, alone in his study the Paladin couldn't help but utter a simple, "What the fuck." As he looked around the room behind him ensuring his out burst was kept private and his pride and honor in tact.

• Powerful Powerful x 5