Archived Time System

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull_man

Noble
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I was wondering a few days back about the years and it striked me that Massivecraft doesn't have any years IG as RP.
Now, since one full year is far too long for a year in Massive I thought about splitting it up into different time periods, such as each 3/4 months = 1 MC year.
Since every new and end of year would be celebrated I thought that months apart would be better seeming as there is time to resume our normal lives of Aloria and there wouldn't be celebration after celebration all throughout the months.

Please leave only constructive criticism and no flaming, this thread is intended for the purposes of giving new ideas, not a thread to post your silly little comments.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I am unsure how I feel about this.
UNDECIDED+VOTER.jpeg

I think a player should be able to set his own time in game, if he says he spent a decade building a fortress let him, even if it popped up overnight. I've played out my entire characters life events spanning close to 250 years and have recounted wars that lasted a few days in real time as years in game. The passage of time is an interesting thing and to take the power of creativity away from it is unneeded and if anything crippling.

1 day = 20 rl min, 3 days in 1 rl hour, 72 days in a rl day, 365 days in 5.06 rl days
1 week equals 1 year.

Actually, a thing to note, Masssivecraft's timing system actually goes into 24 minutes instead of 20. I suppose because of a plugin, or just the plain out lag, but it goes longer than normal MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.