Archived They Shall Not Pass!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiddenmonkey10

The one, the only, hiddenmonkey!
Reaction score
Faction
Mithranna
According to many forms of vampire lore, vampires are not allowed to enter any home, dwelling, or building without consent of the owner. I was wondering if such a thing could be implemented in game?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
According to many forms of vampire lore, vampires are not allowed to enter any home, dwelling, or building without consent of the owner. I was wondering if such a thing could be implemented in game?

That might be incredibly difficult to code, and inconvenient.

I agree that it may be difficult to implement, not to mention with the fact that there are deadbolts it might seem a bit pointless to those that know how to code it. I guess the best thing you can do is RP that the person cannot go in, and by putting their name on the deadbolt you are giving them permission.

Hmm, if the owner deadbolts their door and adds the vampire's username, that could work. Though if they were to just leave their door wide open...Well, that could be a problem.

Well, I was thinking areas like the Tavern, where it strictly says on the wall "No Vampires" yet... There are Vampires... EVERYWHERE in there.

Well, I was thinking areas like the Tavern, where it strictly says on the wall "No Vampires" yet... There are Vampires... EVERYWHERE in there.

Eh, most of them hide in there for shade and role-play chances. I was a vampire once, I practically lived in there. Though I was the sort of vampire that didn't jump around shrieking...

The problem basically is the vampires that do not try to hide what they are. The ones that sit down and look for opportunities to roleplay and do their best to act inconspicuous would be locked out of their chances for good rps if there was a "you cannot come in uninvited" command in the public areas. At that point you just have to report those obvious-vampires to the guards or crimsons, and go back on your merry way.

The problem basically is the vampires that do not try to hide what they are. The ones that sit down and look for opportunities to roleplay and do their best to act inconspicuous would be locked out of their chances for good rps if there was a "you cannot come in uninvited" command in the public areas. At that point you just have to report those obvious-vampires to the guards or crimsons, and go back on your merry way.

There are plenty of places to RP outside of the Tavern honestly, and the staff has tried COUNTLESS times to get people to RP in other places. So, Vampires could STILL be inconspicuous on the streets, if they were smart.

There are plenty of places to RP outside of the Tavern honestly, and the staff has tried COUNTLESS times to get people to RP in other places. So, Vampires could STILL be inconspicuous on the streets, if they were smart.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing that there are more places to RP. I'm simply saying that since it is a public location that people tend to flock to, it would be a shame to have to block out the good vampire-roleplayers that would sometimes like to enter. Sure, sometimes they are far and in between, but they are out there.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing that there are more places to RP. I'm simply saying that since it is a public location that people tend to flock to, it would be a shame to have to block out the good vampire-roleplayers that would sometimes like to enter. Sure, sometimes they are far and in between, but they are out there.

Well, in my opinion, if they were honestly that "good" to begin with, they'd be able to do what they'd need to without being in the tavern.

Well, in my opinion, if they were honestly that "good" to begin with, they'd be able to do what they'd need to without being in the tavern.

Unless I'm incorrect, an Upyr named Luthien works at the tavern, so she has a very good reason to be in the tavern. As for other vampires how often do you see vampires in the tavern that aren't busy jumping around and shrieking? They do not make their characters obvious, and also roleplay elsewhere. The tavern isn't the only place, as you had stated already, to roleplay, and they do roleplay elsewhere. It still would be unfair to lock them out simply because others don't know how to be a "good vampire" and "roleplayer".

Vampires in Massivecraft are not typical vampires. The only characteristics they share with vampires in real world mythology is the very typical and universal vampire traits (pale skin, blood sucking, burning in sun, etc.). The inability to enter unless invited is not a trait our vampires hold in lore.

Vampires in Massivecraft are not typical vampires. The only characteristics they share with vampires in real world mythology is the very typical and universal vampire traits (pale skin, blood sucking, burning in sun, etc.). The inability to enter unless invited is not a trait our vampires hold in lore.

Thank you for clarifying, and I would imagine that the reason for that is so players don't feel discriminated against? Well, they are in a sense still, but yeah, at least they're able to enter and take their lives into their own hands. Er.. Probably didn't come out sounding like I hoped, but I hope you still understand what I mean!

I've never heard of vampires not being able to enter dwellings, and Skyrim would be sh*t as a vampire if it was like that.
I have heard of it being like that for fairies, but Artemis Fowl's completely screwheaded anyway, when it comes to lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.