Theodosia Ada Norwood

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by SnashuuPomaymay, Jan 24, 2018.

1. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Thanks to @Masterman120 for making this!

9D61F2DD-01CC-4C41-80F0-21D3D7BE8599.gif

65BFFFD8-2DBD-4BFE-80B9-F8F2414C2B44.jpeg
    Full Name: Theodosia Ada Norwood
    Birthname: Theodosia Ada von Armbrüster
    Nicknames: Theo, Dosi, Dosia
    Race: Ailor - ½ New Regalian - ½ Velheim.
    Religion: Unionism.
    Main Ambition: Knowledge in Alchemy.​

3FB859A8-243F-4170-BBF2-9CAEBD9D9151.jpeg
    School: School of Alchemy.
    Level: Learned.
    Source: Privately tutored by her uncle.​

A28CADBE-E277-4D76-938A-857B43EFF72A.jpeg
    Eye Color: Faded Blue.
    Hair Color: Jet Black.
    Hair Style: Long.
    Skin Color: Pale.
    Clothing: Colors of Wolfzahn house, or extravagant dresses.
    Height: 5’5
    Body Build: Average.
    Weapon of Choice: Cane, or Alchemy.​

182D14D9-FA5C-4843-8C03-E941C687EAE3.jpeg
    EB161C1F-038D-49FC-BB40-69471502B5A3.jpeg
    ^ Not art, just images that I found suited her build and features.
    B30369FB-121C-48E5-9021-830D06C1ED09.jpeg 82B8D82C-94EF-4203-AAD3-370102F23A25.jpeg C92DC1C2-4999-49F7-808F-765D84C5E274.jpeg F5476F84-6D9D-46E5-A712-95B7B5B559D4.jpeg

9E7FE914-6217-420F-A5DC-136DAB2C336C.gif

F21C8749-BACB-49D0-88E9-39C11EE1067C.jpeg

First Paragraph: Theodosia is a sociable young lass, with a friendly attitude and a kind demeanor. She goes out of her way to meet new people, or at least, people she considers “people”. She’s generally inoffensive, unless someone personally insults her, or her sight, or the person happens to be a magus- Especially a rude one. Most people view Theodosia as kind, innocent, and somewhat emotional, though overall a traditionally good person unless shot at with any variation of insults or stares. However, these gestures usually appear to fly over her head, and such a displeased side of her could be thought of as nonexistent on first glance, based of the brightly colors she wears and the cheerful mood she almost always has.

Second Paragraph: Theodosia is very emotional, and quite paranoid. As someone who’s struggled with her eyesight nearly her whole life, Theodosia is very attached to her glasses. Without them, she’s downright useless, and constantly has to hear others talking to know where they are. She’s worried for her future, specifically the future of her family, and her eyesight. She wants to prove herself to her family, even with her Regalian upbringing, and worries for the fate of her eyes, specifically if she’ll ever go permanently blind. However, this fear is likely nothing she should be concerned over, as her sight isn’t getting very bad very quickly. It’s merely her being paranoid, and self aware, scared to disappoint this closest to her. And so, she frequently purchases updated lenses alone, as not to make her family aware of any changes in her sight- Which, as stated previously, stands as an example of her paranoia and self-conscious thought process.

Third Paragraph: Theodosia is a rather affectionate and emotional person, and this is quite evident in her actions towards friends and family. She’s prone to hugs, clinging, and other such activities towards her friends and lover. Theodosia confides in her friends heavily, talking about her problems, her issues, her worries, etc. She’s not one for hiding information from her friends, trusting them heavily unless they prove themselves untrustworthy. This can be a downside, as she sometimes lets out a bit more than she should. Though, unless one has a close bond with Theodosia, it proves difficult to get her to slip up. She may be emotional, but she’s certainly not an idiot.

Fourth Paragraph: Theodosia’s morality is very strictly good, in the eyes of Unionism. She treats those with equal respect that they treat her. She is downright racist towards Magus and the like, with very little exception, along with showing genuine hatred to those who do not traverse the Great Way. However, she follows the creeds, and laws of Regalia, to the best of her ability. Though, people who she deeply cares for, or goals she wants to achieve, can push her out of the light of the Great Way, and into more shady territory. Albeit, it takes a deep relationship with the person to do so. Overall, she’s intelligent enough to know her place as a devout Unionist in the world of Aloria.

FDA745FD-9E0B-4B3E-9FCF-FAE4BCA94BE5.gif

086766A1-D852-4AEB-8E15-CB062261163D.jpeg
    • Learned Alchemist: Theodosia is Learned in the School of Alchemy, which is actually the culprit behind her poor eyesight. Years of exposure to bright lights, along with consistent reading in dark libraries, wasn’t the kindest on her eyes. Nonetheless, once she got a hold of a pair of glasses, her studies picked up, and she was able to focus with far more ease. And so, today, she’s able to create items of 7/10 difficulty or lower.

1C2FA9D1-2E98-4E75-B75C-3DAEA6AE95E8.jpeg

“A man of many secrets interests me.”
    Arnold Heinrich - Theodosia met Arnold when she first came to Regalia- He was the first person for her to meet, in fact. He’s stood as emotional support for her less able self, and frequents on joking around with the Wolfzahn due to their close and progressing relationship. Recently, with being disowned, Theodosia’s relationship with the Heinrich was tested to a sharp blade, and she very nearly had no choice but to part from her courtship with him. However, after being taken in by Norwood, she was able to keep up the relationship. This, to her, has strengthened her affectionate side built up for Arnold. She trusts him the most out of everyone she knows.

“I’ve no idea of the man’s whereabouts now”
    Thomas Wolfzahn - Theo, upon uniting with her Velheim side of the family, was only really able to relate with her shorter brother for a time. After being disowned with little to no reason however, she lost all track of his whereabouts, and remains oblivious to this day. She plans to avoid him, as to refrain from Vilhelm having any awareness of her choice of living standards.

“I lack motivation to confront him for his flaws.”
    Vilhelm Wolfzahn - Being her used to be elder brother, Vilhelm and Theo has a strange friendship as siblings. Recently being disowned by him, she has lacked the ability to question how and why, and refuses to confront him on the matter of her removal. She doesn’t plan to speak to the man on the matter, as she’d prefer to believe it was out of his own egotism rather than something she’d done. Although, she firmly believes it was merely his and his wife’s egotistical choices, and foul intentions which drew him to removing her, and risking her every day life for his own needs.

“She’s pretty cool, y’know?”
    Roesia Alaire - Having met Roe as a mutual friend through Arnold, she quickly grew clingy of the Alaire, and dubbed her a best friend. As of now, they’re looking to make a business of their skills in cooking, rushing around to open an Inn and Din together.

“The man has honor, and a heart of gold- And a gut of steel, for the alcohol.”
    Keagan Norwood, a helpful man in Theo’s life, is a person Theodosia has had the ability to confide in time and time again. She frequently offers up her problems to the Norwood in seek of help or someone to rant to.- If they’re not having a conversation of their tales and woes, they’re drinking together, obnoxious and loud as ever. Of course, this friendship has recently received a bump. After being adopted by the man, Theodosia formed a father-daughter relationship with Keagan, relying on him heavily to replace her lack of a true parental figure growing up.

“He has a brain, and he proves himself loyal. I like him.”
    Tua Kapena - Tua is considered a good friend and Theodosia’s most trusted guard. He’s ensured her family’s safety and victories are set and stone, and out of everyone she knows, she knows how to pay him back for all he’s done to her- Give him a barrel of brandy and a blanket nest.

“Childish..- I’ve never liked misbehaved kids.”
    Estine - Theodosia knows little to nothing of Estine, aside from the fact that she acts plenty like a child- Which is exactly why she knows little to nothing of her. Theodosia can’t tolerate children until they’re proven able minded enough to act like normal human beings, leading to Theodosia merely tolerating the woman. After being disowned, however, she trained the entirety of her blame onto Estine, as she doesn’t believe her so called brother would do something like that.

“No more opium for you— Stop it! Behave!”
    Harald Wolfzahn - Theodosia may have been disowned by the family, however, to her, Harald is still considered her nephew in her eyes, as she’s recently become more accepting to non-blood related family due to being taken in by Keagan. And so, she’s fond of him, so long as she doesn’t have to interact with any of her ex-family.

“There’s no escaping your lover’s best friend.”
    Aldrick Reinard - Theodosia Met Aldrick when she learned he was one of Arnold’s best friends, and offers the man a friendship of mutual respect. She can frequently joke around and start conversation with him- Not without his dirtied and faster paced self throwing in jokes far ahead of Theodosia- Though, these jokes usually fly over her head unless they’re blatantly obvious.

“Silent, But wise, seemingly- And he can crack a joke.”
    Roland Heinrich - Theodosia doesn’t frequently speak with Roland, however, she holds a mutual respect with the man. And so, she’ll offer him her kindness and withhold a quiet conversation with him only on the occasion, otherwise however, it’s rare to see them communicating.

“She’s not fat!”
    Marie Heinrich - As Arnold’s cousin, Theodosia met Marie fairly quickly, and today, finds herself comfortable with the woman, despite not frequently speaking with her. Aside from a greeting, she doesn’t speak to Marie as frequently as she’d like- However, Theodosia plans to find ways to interact with her further.

“He’s my personal Guard even if he doesn’t truly serve me- And the only one who can tolerate my inability to hold still.”
    Daniel White - As Theo’s prefered Guard when She’s on her little adventures or needs help, she finds humor in his ability to keep up with her, and rather enjoys his company- However, there are times she’d prefer to be left alone, or she must remain serious, in which case, she treats him much like a dog, tapping his shoulder, hushing him, and shooing him around in such situations, despite his recent switch to the city guard.

90DDB1F5-65AF-44A8-821E-1EEC9D25BC26.gif

AA49FEDF-4651-4911-B502-51753BB9C7E1.jpeg
    Theodosia Ada von Armbrüster was born to Ada von Armbrüster, and Tyrok Ulfurtonn whilst the former was off in vacation in Drixagh. Eventually, Tyrok soon left afterwards. Ada knew the name of her daughter’s father, and even told her of him, though she was usually quite rude and abusive to the young bastard. Soon in her life, she was taken to Calemberg, and raised with her mother.

Theodosia was tutored by her uncle, who was essentially one of the few accepting family figures in her life, from the young age of ten. What was she tutored in? Why, alchemy of course! Theo spent the next five or so years being tutored in such an art, using it as a distraction whilst being left as a semi-independent child. Her mother paid for where they lived together, and got ingredients for food, though Theodosia was tasked with cooking them and cleaning the home. She was, for all intensive purposes, a slave of her mother’s. Theo hated her birth mother with a burning passion, and tried her best to be rebellious. Though, these attempts were usually met with a harsh punishment, in which case she’d hide away in her bedroom to return to her alchemy studies, as stated earlier, using it as a distraction. Eventually, at the age of twenty-three, Ada von Armbrüster dropped dead, though, her cause of death is unknown to most up to this day.

Theo fled from Calemberg, soon running into a young man. She told him a brief summary of her tale, and the man decided to lead the upstanding Unionist that was Theodosia to the docks, and pay for her trip out of Calemberg. Theo, knowing of her father’s recent antics in Regalia, decided that would be the best place to start. She parted ways with them after, soon being legitimized into the Ulfurtonn family, though shortly after, she had to change her name yet again, to Wolfzahn.
    • UPDATE •​

As of recent, Theodosia was disowned from the Wolfzahns. She’s found an inability to tolerate most of those with the last name, and after a few days of panicking in the privacy of her home with her partner, Arnold, she spoke to Keagan Norwood, a dear friend of hers. After a long discussion over whether or not she could bring herself to handle dogs or helping his family, Theo was adopted into the Norwoods as Keagan’s daughter, offering her new family and first real father figure her ability with healing to thank him, despite the lack of need for it. She plans to remain grateful and loyal to her newfound family, as she’s beyond thankful to be able to keep up her living standards despite the sudden change.​

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 SnashuuPomaymay, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. Mooffins

Mooffins ancient gay Supremium

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Mooffins

Format Wise
    • The format and excessively large pictures are very difficult to get through in a review. You can keep the pictures, but please do not center applications. They should follow the left alignment trend, usually.
    • Paragraphs like in your Personality, Talents, Weaknesses, etc. should follow with bullet points such as in the Character Application Template. Remedy this please.
    • Please also categorize your personality paragraphs like you see here.
    • I also recommend beefing up some of these paragraphs. A couple only contain as few as three sentences. Try to expand a bit on these specifically
      • Eyesight.
      • Learned Alchemist.
      • First paragraph of personalities.

You frequently state how blind this character is, even with her glasses. This would prevent her from being able to proficiently use her bow in any meaningful way. I suggest removing this, as not only does it seem questionable for her to have, a random combat skill adds nothing to an alchemy-scholar-social character.

Being okay at something as a hobby is not a talent. Without attending the School of Culinary Arts, you can’t claim a talent in cooking. Please remove this or replace it if you so choose.

Understand if her eyesight is truly this horrendous, I find it odd she’s a decent alchemist anyway. Try to tone down how bad her eyesight is with her glasses on, as it seems to be gimping your character past use. You may keep this as a weakness, as removing this character’s glasses would make them essentially useless, so no need to remove. I’d say, simply adjust her to be less gimped while her glasses are on.

Dogarten Lay Brothers typically live lives of poverty. It could be questionable to state they paid for her fare on a boat, since they likely carry no money.

The one glaring issues I find in here is that your character seems to have gone through great hardship, and lacks both a father and mother figure since an early age. How was she able to grow into such a cheerful and friendly person? Did her tutoring in alchemy serve as a distraction possibly? There is a lot unexplained here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

right then, a lot of changes. So, in the end, I found little to no reason to add onto her talents. I figure, she can find something else as I play her, to which I’ll update her character application to fit that. Albeit, the lack of certain talents meant altering a few things thatve happened already, changed a few of her relationships, and changed what it was she was supposed to do for a living, outside of alchemy, but I’ll figure it out in due time, again, in character.
    Personality wise, it took quite a bit to figure out how to add on to a Paragraph about the specified parts of her as a personality when they were already greatly clarified and explained in the form of briefer words, which does tend to be another problem of mine, but nonetheless, I made do however I could, and instead, set examples and added extra tidbits to emphasize it being a paragraph.
    Finally, I changed two things in her life story to suit what you wanted. One, I added in her focus on alchemy being a distraction from her mother’s cruel behavior. Secondly, I simply replaced “the brothers” with “a man.” I saw it as cleaner, and less emphasized. Finally, I brief the story for the exact reason of being able to add on as I develope her character- I need squirm room to roleplay in the first place. In my eyes, having ideas set in stone when you’ve only had a character for a short period of time is a waste of possible good developement and changes. I’ve done this in the past, and will continue to do this. Although, expect me to end up needing to tag you later on to add onto her story, if I do decide to make use of this flexibility. Apologies for the difficulties in that section, it does tend to be a problem for me.
    That all explained as changed, the additions and changes were bolded. Thank you!
    @Muffins_

5. Mooffins

No need to tag me for life story updates, only if your character has changes that merit a re-review. As for everything else, this is fine.

Approved. @SasuNaru2016

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1