The Witchhunt Game 1 - The Play

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mecharic, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.
    1. The Second Alliance

cooltext1521547267.png
    Rules:
    1. There is NO flaming allowed in any WitchHunt Thread, period.
    2. Each player gets a single vote, which must be posted in Bold and go as follows: "I vote to lynch so-and-so."
      1. Withdraws are bold and must be "I retract my vote on so-and-so1 and vote to lynch so-and-so2" or something similar.
    3. If you die, you can only make 1 post, and it CANNOT hold any new information - an example of an after-death post is "Good Luck Townies!" or "The Witches will Rule You All!"
    4. This is a game, so try to keep it civil.
    5. No communication can occur outside the game thread unless stated otherwise by the moderator.
    6. You can make a role-claim (claim you have a power role) but you cannot back it up with proof from the admin. This means that the enemy can claim to be good (after all, they're evil).
    7. You cannot edit a post that has been made.
    8. No ratings can be given to the game thread. If you have an opinion, say it out loud!
    9. The Game Mod has absolute Last Say in all disputes, and reserves the right to dish out the pain based on what rules people break.
    Breaking ANY rules is grounds for being removed from the game in an instant and complete death sequence, which will by default be insulting and humiliating because you cheated. That said, it is up to the game moderator (mod) to decide the punishment for breaking rules.

Teams:
    Note: The specifics of each team can be changed with games, and the number of people on each team depends on the number of players overall. There will ALWAYS be a Healer and Banshee.
    Witches: Evil and Cruel, the Witches seek to ensnare the world in darkness and death, sacrificing most of the town to summon to Dark Banshee, Mrs. Baver. They win when they equal or outnumber the town. The Witches can communicate outside of the Game Thread. They're team consists of:
    The Hag: An evil and ancient witch, The Hag can see what another person's role in the world is with her clairvoyance each nightfall. They can also place a vote.
    The Banshee: An evil soul of immense power, the Banshee can slay 1 person each nightfall, with a total number of kills based on the player count for the game. Every 5 players adds 1 kill to the Banshee's power.
    The Sisters: Lacking special powers, The Sisters are merely evil witches who seek to destroy all of Ceardia! They can place a vote, but have no special powers. - If there are more than 20 players, The Sisters will gain 2 turns, that is, they can add 2 players to their number as witches.​
    The Town: The town is a scattered and indecisive group. They cannot communicate outside the game thread unless stated otherwise by an ability or moderator.
    Priest: The Priest can use the guidance of Cayorion to find out the role of 1 person each nightfall. The Priest can speak with those he has found, but they cannot speak to him. He can also place a vote.
    The Paladin: A skilled warrior who wields a mighty sword forged from a holy cross, the Paladin can instantly slay another player. The number of kills the Paladin has increases by 1 for every 5 players in the game. They can place a vote.
    The Healer: A master of herbs and light magics, the Healer can protect any 1 player each nightfall from both the Paladin's sword and the Banshee's curse. They can place a vote.
    Commoners: Commoners are the townsfolk, who posses no powers beyond a vote and their voice. They can discuss things openly and can vote to lynch people.​
    The Werewolf: A being that is neither good nor evil, the Werewolf can kill 3 people. The werewolf wins if he/she kills both the Priest and the Banshee, at which point it is the only remaining 'boss' in the game.
    Note: The Werewolf may or may not exist. That depends on a role of the die.​
    Game Mechanics:
    Nightfall: Nightfall is when all of the major events of the game occur. They follow this pattern (always):
    Untimely Deaths - If you do not vote for someone you will die a humiliating and untimely death.
    The Lynch - Whoever has the most votes is killed by the town in some way or another.
    Investigation - The Priest and the Hag's investigations are both sent to them now.
    Hits - The Banshee, Paladin, and Werewolf hits come after the Lynch.
    Protection - The Healer can find someone who has been hit by the above and save their life, protecting them from death.​
    Day: The daytime is when all the individuals assume their cover and discuss the nightfall events. This is also when votes are placed. Daytime lasts 48 hours exactly.
    Votes: Votes are placed on individuals you think are a part of the opposing team. Witches want to get Townfolk killed off, Townfolk want to kill off all of the Witches.​
    Background:
    In the small town of SilverEdge, there ruled a kind and friendly mayor known as Mon Marty. This mayor was aware of a problem in his town, of people hearing strange sounds at night and of some of the townsfolk becoming more quiet and isolated from the rest. Worried about his people, the kind mayor brought in a Priest from a nearby city called Regalia, who then stated that he sensed the evil powers of Dark Banshee pervading the town. The Priest summoned a Healer and a Paladin from his city, and they were prepared to go onto a hunt for the foul people who followed the Dark Banshee. At the moment before they were to begin, however, the town was shrouded in darkness, and when the darkness lifted, no one could tell who was who! Everyone was identical, but the darkness could not destroy the Powers of Light that the three outsiders had brought with them, nor the Wild Power of a town local. When the darkness lifted fully, only Mon Marty was recognized by the people, and could recognize them. As he lifted his hand to point out the Priest, a bolt of lighting fell from the sky and turned the kind mayor into stone.

The town in chaos, no one knowing who was who, everyone was forced to discuss the events and attempt to figure out what had happened and who the followers of the Dark Banshee were. Now though, they knew not what their friends or family looked like, and so had to rely entirely on what was said, or not said. The WitchHunt had begun, and no one but the Witches know who's good or evil.​

Do not post yet! Only post when I say "Game On".

I request that people not playing refrain from posting in this thread. If you DO post I will request an admin remove the comment.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

3. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

cooltext1521563259.png

You may now post. Nightfall will be held 9pm EST 4/15/2014 (2 days from now at 9pm). Now get to finding out who's evil. If you have any questions feel free to ask either in the thread or via our role conversations :)

4. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

NOTE: If you don't have a vote my 9pm EST on the 15th you WILL die a horrible and pony-related death (because I'm the mod so I can make up stuff as I want -evil laugh-). So try to vote so that I don't have to actually write up a horrible pony related death. I'm not sure my IQ could survive such a thing :P

5. favoured

favoured Pink Fluffy Unicorn

Favoured steps out into the town square as the sun rises. "Ladies and Gentlemen, it appears we have a Witch or Coven of Witches in our midst. Our good mayor has been turned into stone, and the darkness has robbed us of all identification. It has become clear that there is no escape from our predicament, and our only solution lies within the death of those who aspire against the forces of good. As of such, we might find and kill the witch or witches among us. Although I cannot make any decisions with absolute certainty, I believe that the person known as Ryciera is a witch." Favoured nervously adjusts his glasses. "Mostly because I'm a stickler for tradition and Ryciera happens to be the only female in our town."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

Film_Noir hears the Steve talking in the town square and unfolds his arms, making a mental note that that particular Steve is wearing glasses. Might be a way to distinguish him from the others. "Town crier!" Film_Noir calls over to him. "Who are you? What's your name?"

7. Lord_Deadpool

Lord_Deadpool the bugmaster of roleplay

Am pouting a Vote for rip shoul

8. Ryciera

Ryciera When virtue is preyed upon.

The woman named Ryci Era stepped forward, looking aghast, "You, sir, are a disgrace." She told him, "If that's your basis for accusing me of such a heinous crime, you should be questioned, yourself." She took a moment to step closer, "However, I find it odd that you're grasping at such meager straws to accuse me. It seems... timid, protective, doesn't it?" She folded her arms, "Therefore, I accuse favoured of being the witch. Since it seems night is close to falling, I'm being quick to put my opinion out there. While it may seem hasty, I don't want to go another night of fear. I'd rather be safe than sorry."

9. Film_Noir

"Ugh," Film_Noir rolled his eyes at the Steve wearing glasses, and the newcomer Steve who claimed to be Ryci Era, arguing before him. "This accusation and counter accusation game will get us nowhere," he interjected. His gaze shifted to a third Steve. "Him," Film_Noir pointed to Lord_Deadpool. "He, however, seems awfully quick to accuse based on no reason whatsoever. That's very irrational. Very odd. Therefore, I accuse Lord_Deadpool of being the witch."

10. Lord_Deadpool

"Pleas my good man, I am a inpatiant man by nature and if you whant I chan point names and name fingers or jump of a clif wich ever comes first"

11. Endurrr

Endurrr Yutun, yuh.

"Ha!" called out Endurrr, rolling his eyes "Oh, please! Tradition, Favoured? If you hadn't noticed, we all look the same, even the girl here. It doesn't matter what tradition is!" he continued, stepping forward with a shake of his head "What an utterly terrible explanation to take someones life! It seems as though you're caught up in your desperation to rid the place of witches to think clearly... Or maybe thats your cover? It seems like such a weak role to play... I've made my choice. I vote Favoured to be lynched."

12. Rip Shoul

Rip Shoul The lowly sociopath.

Rip Shoul smiles as Film_Noir accuses Lord_Deadpool of being a witch. "Gentleman," Rip pauses and gestures to who is assumed to Ryci Era, "Ladies, we must keep our heads cool in situations like these. The great Cayorion shall guide us through our troubles, and show us who must be lynched!"
    "Through faith, I have been guided to believe that the witch in our midst is none other than Lord_Deadpool!"
    "A man so quick to desire death cannot be a sharer of the faith and trust of Cayorion. We must abolish this threat and cleanse our town."
    Rip shakes his fist assertively while gazing at each of the steves in turn. He trusts Cayorion's holiness to show him the witches.....plus he's peeved that Lord_Deadpool had voted for him so quickly.

#12 Rip Shoul, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  13. Lord_Deadpool

" And how chan we now that you are not the thing you are trying to kill? How chan we now that you are not a demon that whants us all dead? The reason for what I did was just this, to get reactions out of all of you, to see who's who and then by a proces of elimination find and kill the wiches,do you not agree, Rip Shoul?"

14. Rip Shoul

Rip Shoul stares coolly at Lord_Deadpool for several moments before speaking.
    "You would risk a man's life just to get a reaction? Truly this is behavior only evil enough to take place in a witch."
    "The Almighty has given his opinion, and as his servant I obey him. Be gone now, and await justice."

15. Lord_Deadpool

"Evil? You call logic evil?! If logic deams it that a life end then let it be don unleace proven other wise"

16. Rip Shoul

Rip Shoul narrows his eyes and addresses the crowd, pointing at Lord_Deadpool as he does so.
    "This 'man' has cast aside the glorious and humble following of Cayorion and substituted it with murderous qualities he calls logic."
    "Can he be anything but a witch? So blatant in his disregard for life and his intolerance for the faith? I bet you my fellow villagers, that his 'logic' is nothing more than the beliefs of those who follow the Banshee! He is a servant to evil and should be lynched as such."
    Rip Shoul slowly lowers his arm and returns his gaze to Lord_Deadpool.
    "A witch."

17. Lord_Deadpool

"When night comes we shal see what hapens"

18. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

Just a note: "I accuse" is not how you vote for someone... If proper votes aren't put in I'll accept the accuse votes but it would really be easier if you got into the hang of using "I vote" instead of "I accuse". Thanks :)

Current Votes:

Rip Shoul - 1 (Deadpool)
    Favoured - 1 (Endurr)

6 Votes Needed. PMs as Needed/Desired. Nightfall in about 33 hours. Keep up all this talking, it's good because it'll help you later in the game :)

19. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

((Rule 7... -coughs loudly- Just a reminder :P))

20. Lord_Deadpool

(sorry rip,you snuse you lose)

21. Rip Shoul

((Dope, sorry @Mecharic I have no idea how I missed reading that))

Rip Shoul gets tired of the verbal sparing and decides to finally show his position.

"I vote to lynch Lord_Deadpool tonight! The almighty Cayorion has shown me the way. I hope you recognize his choice."

22. Film_Noir

Film_Noir, watching the conclusion of the sparring between Rip Shoul Steve and Lord_Deadpool Steve, surveys Rip Shoul for a moment, and then turns back to Lord_Deadpool. "The further we dig, only reveals your methods to be reckless, and therefore dangerous. Only a witch could play such a game. I vote for Lord_Deadpool to be lynched."

23. Lord_Deadpool

" I might be reckless yes,but that is no reason to jump to conclutions. And by focusing on me you ignore the fact that the others in this bunch might be useing this time to plan the down fall of all of us"

24. Film_Noir

Film_Noir looks over to the others...favoured Steve, Ryci Era Steve, and Endurr Steve...with suspicion.

25. favoured

Favoured scowls as Endurr and Ryciera accuse him. "You blathering hypocrites! You accuse me of making hasty decisions, of letting prejudice affect my decision-making, yet you desire to lynch me without a second's pause of contemplation! I offer up a subject for debate and you simple-minded fools simply cannot wait to tip the scales of life and death! Above all, I value sound logic and rationale, something both of you seem to be missing. Tradition is tradition for a reason, it is something that has been common throughout history. In a case such as this, where we do not have the slightest inkling of other's identities, we must simply go with the approach that will net us the highest chance of success. We must all keep a clear head and a penchant for slow and deliberate reasoning, or innocent lives will be forfeit due to simpleminded impulsive fools."

26. Endurrr

Endurrr Yutun, yuh.

Endurr crossed his arms in front of his chest, returning the scowl back to Favoured "I for one, am trying to be /safe/. It seems oh so suspicious that as soon as the darkness lifted, you immediately begin to target someone, and blame something so weak as tradition!" he shook his head "Hypocritical? Maybe. But you've immediately proven to be dangerous!"

27. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

Current Votes:

Rip Shoul - 1 (Deadpool)
    Favoured - 1 (Endurr)
    Deadpool - 2 (Rip, Film)

4 Votes Needed. PMs as Needed/Desired. Nightfall in about 11 hours. Talk you noobs, talk! :)

28. Lord_Deadpool

(yea I chida pout a stop that cos they where geting on my back)

29. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

Current Votes:

Rip Shoul - 1 (Deadpool)
    Favoured - 1 (Endurr)
    Deadpool - 2 (Rip, Film)

Votes needed from:

@favoured
    @Ryciera
    @MageDarkMagic
    @Lamdax

Nightfall in about 1 hour.

30. Absorbius

Absorbius & Arrogant

Lamdax shrugs and states "Endurr seems suspicious enough! I vote to lynch Endurr."

31. favoured

Favoured glares at Endurr, mouth narrowing into a thin line. "You disgust me. You shun discussion, preferring rather to act irrationally, treating life and death as if it is nothing but a child's plaything. In your desire for safety you neglect the warming fire of logic, and for that I hope you freeze in the deep embrace of death. I had hoped for a discussion, but you have forced my hand by disrupting what thoughts we could have compiled. As night begins to fall, it seems that I must attempt to put a stop to these illogical accusations by destroying the root. Your kind desires naught but blood, and act like the hypocrites you are by making decisions on a moment's notice. Those who want to kill should prepare to be killed; therefore, I vote for Endurr to be lynched! If I die tonight, let it be known I did so with the intention of preserving rationality!"

32. Endurrr

Endurrr Yutun, yuh.

Endurr glared at them both, turning his gaze finally to Lamdax "On the grounds of what? I am merely trying to protect the town, and /you/ don't find it suspicious at all that Favoured immediately comes out and accuses the first person he saw fit to? Instead of course, you accuse the one who called him on it?" he shook his head "Think things through. Peoples lives are on the line here."

33. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

Current Votes:

Rip Shoul - 1 (Deadpool)
    Favoured - 2 (Endurr, Ryci)
    Deadpool - 2 (Rip, Film)
    Endurr - 2 (Fav, Lam)

Votes needed from:

@MageDarkMagic

Nightfall in about 1 hour. All PMs as needed by nightfall!

34. HereticTakao

HereticTakao Bone Witch™

I vote for Deadpool

35. favoured

(( Welp guess that's gg for deadpool. Sorry, but someone had to go.))

36. Film_Noir

The fading sun distracted Film_Noir’s attention away from the arguing group. He shivered, and grabbed a pitchfork, located near to him, positioning it defensively, as night encroached. “What evil awaits us?” he said out loud, to no one in particular.

37. Endurrr

Endurrr Yutun, yuh.

Endurr let out a sigh, taking the nearest seat "Bah.. Favoured. It is the first day and we've already managed to go batsh*t crazy in an attempt to single out the witch... What has the town become?" he said, crossing his arms and watching the sun go down "Cayorion help us all.."

38. favoured

Favoured nervously adjusts his glasses, muttering silently "16.67% chance, 16.67% chance, 16.67% chance...."

39. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

Current Votes:

Rip Shoul - 1 (Deadpool)
    Favoured - 2 (Endurr, Ryci)
    Deadpool - 3 (Rip, Film, Mage)
    Endurr - 2 (Fav, Lam)

All Votes Placed - Votes can still be changed of course.

Nightfall in about 15 minutes. All PMs as needed by nightfall!

40. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

cooltext1524155943.png

No posting until daytime again.