The Two Spymasters In Narlas

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by babaMP3, Aug 4, 2014.

1. babaMP3

babaMP3 innocent until proven filthy Supremium

With the recent dissolvement of the Imperial Decree of June 16th lifted, the nobility has settled into a quiet, tense stare-off. Counts against counts, Duke against dukes, the lives of the nobility have never tread on a finer line. However, this so-called peace has just been peeled in two.

[​IMG]
    The county of Narlas, belonging to the House Black, has been the scene and victim of the latest noble scandal. Just this morning, a spymaster bearing Kade colors and sigil along with the standards of the county of Harriston has been found dead at the foot of the stairs in a manor belonging to the House Black. At the head of the staircase was a rather... Incriminating banana peel, being one from a certain famous banana dispensary in the Duchy of Nottingfield, the owner of said dispensary being a once famous -- or rather infamous, spymaster for some obscure noble families. Said spymaster has said to have fled the land held by the Red's, but the situation as of present remains the same: A spymaster under Julian of the House Kade is found dead in the House Black's manor, a few important documents have been found missing, and a banana salesman in the Red lands has fled the empire.

Later on in the day, the members of the House Red have stepped forward, outwardly claiming that the entire county of Narlas belongs to their prestigious House, the title being of ancestral origins and belonging to old, obscure members of the House Red. The nobility and common-men alike await the results.

@SexyRose_ @Ben_2025 @pwnzownz @Film_Noir

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Xskill

Xskill I'm a Hoax now.

Hmm, it's just like spymasters to split and run, huh?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

((Well, this is just plain bizarre))​

4. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

This post was rather apeeling.

• Like x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

This is going to go down a slippery slope soon.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. ThatEpicUnicorn

ThatEpicUnicorn "Rose. Scarlett Rose."

You can never trust a banana salesman.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

Keep your eyes peeled nobles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

The cities in Narlas that lay closest to the border of the Red lands were instructed to allow their rubbish and sewage accumulate in such locations that would allow the smell be carried downwind into Nottingfield. The head of the Kade spymaster was placed on a pike and also stuck on the border, so that the rotting corpse would attract blowflies, which would also eventually find their way downwind, in pursuit of the drifting smell. Lizzy and Nariel were urged to remain in Regalia for the present, but have bags packed for any necessary emergency trips to New Ceardia. Travis didn't intend to yield to those whom he considered to be the blight of Dragenthal. He’d fight for his land, or fall trying. He’d first try to gather support for his claim that the Reds were lying. He banned the eating of bananas in his house.

9. ApatheticLlama

ApatheticLlama El Torero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ben_2025

Ben_2025 Regalian Burgher

A small note written upon faintly red tinted paper would find its way to the imperial residence of the Kade family.
    Dearest Kade Family,

It has come to my attention that one of your Spymasters was killed during an incident in Narlas last eve, the odd circumstances have made this a rather touchy affair however suspicion has been placed upon a certain banana merchant that has fled Nottingham. I've sent three of my personal guard to trace the location of the individual to bring him in for interrogation within the confines of the Holy City of Regalia.

Concerning the treatment of your faithful servant, my wife tells me that his body has been mutilated and placed upon a pike in a most barbaric of manners. Such a terrible display of savage nature from a count of the realm is quite unsettling. To top it off the act of defiling the corpse of a servant of house Kade and denying a proper burial would surely bring question to the motives of such an individual.

Should this letter reach you in time I've arranged for flowers to be sent to the County of Harriston, it's no laughing matter for a body to be treated in such a way. I for one am most appalled by this display from a noble of Dragenthal.

Forever faithful,

Duke Alistair Ives Red
    Duke of Nottingham,
    Rightful Count of Narlas and all associated titles.
    @pwnzownz @SexyRose_ @Film_Noir @MonMarty @Tom1804 @(Plus anyone else that would read such?)

#10 Ben_2025, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  11. ApatheticLlama

An envelope bearing the standard of the County of Narlas in the upper-right corner is presented by a young, uniformed boy, no older than perhaps fifteen years.

To the deplorable Duke and Duchess Red,

I am a firm believer in justice. Your empty gestures and contrived claims are nothing more than ink on paper, and paper is a fragile substance that burns quickly in flame. While I do find it disgruntling that a servant of mine found his head on a pike, I find it more disgruntling that I hear this information from you, after all that has allegedly been done in the past day.

Count Black's transgressions against my humble servant are forgivable; his hand was surely guided by what he thought to be justice. But the blatant deceit of yours in the eyes of the Old Gods is unforgivable. My own hand shall be loyal to the Black family in whatever unfounded conflict you conceive.

Even now, orphans in the Rim Isles foreshadowingly sing of the loud-chirped Redbirds, whose family suffered an untimely fall from the treetops when their grand nest, eggs and all, was built on a branch too thin to support their weight. Whether such a fate befalls you, I know and care not, for such is a question for the Gods.

May your humours rot in your body,

Julian Kade, Count of Harriston

@Ben_2025 @SexyRose_ @BabaManga @Film_Noir

12. Ben_2025

Ben_2025 Regalian Burgher

With Julian's most recent letter Alistair would glance over its contents briefly, having heard little of the Kade in question he took it upon himself to test the words of the individual as he cast the letter into a nearby fire. He smiled, the Kade had indeed been quite correct in the nature of paper's combustion. Regardless he now turned his attention to far more pressing issues, with the actions of the Black family on the boarders of Nottingham the need for immediate action was upon him. Alistair would settle himself down in an armchair that looked out upon the streets of Regalia, beside him a freshly poured cup of tea was sitting.

Taking the saucer in his hands he lifted the cup to his mouth to take a sip, with a sigh he would then rest the cup back down onto the saucer to snap his fingers. "A letter if you would, quickly now we have many to pen." With that the servant took out writing materials from a nearby desk and seated himself to await Alistair's words.

Dear Lady Adelheid Ivrae,

I realise we have never formally been introduced, nor have we communicated in such a fashion before, however such times have been placed upon myself due to exterior circumstances. I am writing to you concerning the recent accumulations of waste and refuse along the borderlines of the County neighboring my own. As I am sure you are aware such things can only lead to serious illnesses arising, hence my letter to you.

Given the recent nature of the accumulation I would mention that any infectious outbreaks are unlikely to occur instantly, however prior planning is essential for such a case like this. The Royal Lands are most divine this time of year and the last thing I would like to happen is to see them be scorned by an illness. Hence I would implore you take heed of this letter should anything occur in the future, should the situation arise where Nottingham is plunged into a plague I shall inform you instantly so that you might have more time to consider action against such.

Let this letter serve as a prior warning of what may be upon us in the distant future, and I pray for our continual health.

Alistair Ives Red,
    Duke of Nottingham and associated titles.

Dictated but not read.
    @BabaManga

Dear Countess Kyra Nava,

I wish not to intrude on your dealings whatsoever however such has been forced upon myself due to exterior circumstances. I am writing to you concerning the recent accumulations of waste and refuse along the borderlines of the County neighboring my own. As I am sure you are aware such things can only lead to serious illnesses arising, hence my letter to you.

Given the recent nature of the accumulation I would mention that any infectious outbreaks are unlikely to occur instantly, however prior planning is essential for such a case like this. The lands of Orl are most divine this time of year as are all the Dragenthal lands and the last thing I would like to happen is to see them be scorned by an illness. Hence I would implore you take heed of this letter should anything occur in the future, should the situation arise where Nottingham is plunged into a plague I shall inform you instantly so that you might have more time to consider action against such.

Let this letter serve as a prior warning of what may be upon us in the distant future, and I pray for our continual health.

Alistair Ives Red,

Dictated but not read.
    @Molimo1

Dear Count Luthein Duchamp,

I wish not to intrude on your dealings whatsoever however such has been forced upon myself due to exterior circumstances. I am writing to you concerning the recent accumulations of waste and refuse along the borderlines of the County neighboring my own. As I am sure you are aware such things can only lead to serious illnesses arising, hence my letter to you.

Given the recent nature of the accumulation I would mention that any infectious outbreaks are unlikely to occur instantly, however prior planning is essential for such a case like this. The lands of Tirgunn are most divine this time of year as are all the Dragenthal lands and the last thing I would like to happen is to see them be scorned by an illness. Hence I would implore you take heed of this letter should anything occur in the future, should the situation arise where Nottingham is plunged into a plague I shall inform you instantly so that you might have more time to consider action against such.

Alistair Ives Red,

Dictated but not read.
    @Luthien

Dear Count Mathias Paschen,

Given the recent nature of the accumulation I would mention that any infectious outbreaks are unlikely to occur instantly, however prior planning is essential for such a case like this. The lands of Outer Drachenwald are most divine this time of year as are all the Dragenthal lands and the last thing I would like to happen is to see them be scorned by an illness. Hence I would implore you take heed of this letter should anything occur in the future, should the situation arise where Nottingham is plunged into a plague I shall inform you instantly so that you might have more time to consider action against such.

Alistair Ives Red,

Dictated but not read.
    @Green_Hood

Dear Count Adam Reinhart,

Given the recent nature of the accumulation I would mention that any infectious outbreaks are unlikely to occur instantly, however prior planning is essential for such a case like this. The lands of Inner Drachenwald are most divine this time of year as are all the Dragenthal lands and the last thing I would like to happen is to see them be scorned by an illness. Hence I would implore you take heed of this letter should anything occur in the future, should the situation arise where Nottingham is plunged into a plague I shall inform you instantly so that you might have more time to consider action against such.

Alistair Ives Red,

Dictated but not read.
    @Shuikenai

Having had the letters penned and sorted into envelopes Alistair relaxed with a slight sigh, an illness spreading over the Isles unprepared would wreck havoc on both the millitary and economic stability of Regalia. He would wave his hand for the servant to leave, instructing him to rush his deliveries to ensure a speedy arrival.

{{Note to self... work out how spoilers work...}}

13. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

Hoping by now that the wind had done its job, that the smell of refuse had become of a substantial quality, that it would permeate Alistair’s mood thoroughly, Travis paced back and forth in his manor. He paused for a moment, sat down at his desk, and penned a letter. He handed it to a trusted servant, one whom he could be sure would maintain the secrecy of its contents, with the delivery. He then stood, and began to pace once more, in anticipation of the reply. “Oh, and instruct the people to remove the garbage from the border now,” he called to the departing servant. “I believe that the point has been made, and we don't want it to reach the point of causing an outbreak of plague in Dragenthal.”

@Babamanga, @Molimo1, @Luthien, @Green_Hood, @Shuikenai

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #13 Film_Noir, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  14. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

15. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves?

Wow. How appealing.

16. xanbear

xanbear Oh Xanny Boi! The pipes the pipes are calling!~

Would you like a Banana?

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. ApatheticLlama

'Here lies Agustin Abaroa, 265AC-302AC,' reads the freshly-cut headstone. The headstone in question sat at the end of granite grave, that up until several hours prior, had been very much empty. As one's eyes skip further down the carved-block, they'd notice a small inscription carved.

'HERE LIES A MAN OF GREAT VALOUR, WHO PASSED WITH HONOUR UNTESTED AND ACUMEN UNQUESTIONED; FEW MEN GAVE AGUSTIN THE SLIP.'

Scanning further down the pinkish speckled rock, a receptacle containing flowers might catch the beholder's eye. An elegant bouquet of died tulips, astonishing azure flowers mingled with dazzling purple petals, with the occasional brooding black blossoms. An elegant end to the grave of the late-spymaster, shipped back to his home in the city of Regalia not two days after his passing.

Few observers would notice the line of marching ants lazily making their way into the bushes behind the headstone; even fewer the half-eaten banana in said bushes.

18. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

To Insanity and Beyond!!!!!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2