Aloria Story Progression The Supreme Reverend's Homily

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by LumosJared, Feb 13, 2017.

1. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

Homily.jpg
    On the morn of the 12th day of February, the Supreme Reverend gave a grand speech. Penned and spread across the Empire, this speech would be heard far and wide as the first major announcement from the new Supreme Reverend. How would the Empire react to this stirring speech?

homilyy.png

Dear brothers and sisters, I thank the Imperial Spirit and the Emperor that I may stand before you today. As an Empire, we have reached a new day, and a bright light is shining down upon all of us this blessed morning. Now dear brothers and sister, I am most humbled to stand before you this morning. I know that it is by divine grace and wisdom that I come today as the new Supreme Reverend, to fill the vast position that my predecessor, Wolfram Ultor. I can only hope to half fill the role as he had, and hope to guide the Empire further down the Great Way. I find myself humbled that I have the great duty of assisting the Empire in the position I have been uplifted to.

In the Creeds, it is discussed how all men and women have their part in the Great Way. “All must contribute to the Great Way, from the highest noble to the lowest street beggar.” So too, must we all strive to work towards fulfilling the Great Way in our own ways. But let us not fear the path of isolation and misery, for we do not walk the Great Way alone. No, instead we work together, all the beloved, in Unity with one another. So too, must all Unionists look to work together and to give aid in times of strife, and as such, the Sancella will begin to open talks with the Patriarchate of Etosil to further mend the schism that separated the faithful all those years ago. The conflicts of ages past should not be held up as rallying banners for which to inspire more disunity; but instead the ax of hatred should be buried and a tree of strength be raised in its place. So too, should the aristocrats and peerage of our most Holy of Empires work to band together to further the cause of Unionism both at home and on foreign shores. United together, we are stronger than we could ever hope to be divided. The conservative and the liberal should not strive to undermine the other, but instead hope to work together for the good of the many. Together, their ideas may help to improve the life of all in this Empire; for we need both the stalwart ideas of tradition and the progressive ideas of the future working in perfect unison to achieve even greater than we could without both. The soul of weak faith should not be scorned by the soul of a zealot, but instead brought up to the light of the Emperor with compassion and kindness. The Spirit holds no mercy for those that out of blind zealotry strike out against an innocent in Its most holy name. We must avoid treading down the path of radicalization and destruction, but instead look towards the path of unity and growth. Strive for the path of peaceful conversion, and look to change the hearts of others not through fear, but through love and understanding. For a man will follow orders out of fear for his life, but he will not take care to learn about the truth. I believe it is paramount that we as a Sancella strive to bring new members into the fold through conversion as compared to inquisition, so that we may all grow stronger together through faith in the Spirit.

It is also united together that we must recognize the tragedy that has just befallen all the world. The Bone Horrors have invaded our land, taken the lives of many, and left many more without food, water, or home. Let us remember the lessons taught us by Heron Volothamp the Humble, who taught us that in times of need, it is the good Unionist who helps his brothers and sisters before helping himself. For blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy in turn. So I say to all, dear brothers and sister, let us not turn our backs on the poor souls who have lost all to these monsters, but instead rise to the occasion and show them mercy and compassion. And so too, remember that the Spirit shines down most benevolently upon those who pick up the plow and the sickle to farm the land. We have entered into a time where land has been cleared, and those who cannot further the Great Way within the cities of our Empire may find greater good served plowing the land of the colonies. Let us not hold back those souls, but encourage them to find the true path they were destined to follow. And when our own shores are healed and life has returned to normal, let us not forget the world outside our walls, but instead strive to assist the other nations of the world in their rebuilding, to further encourage peaceful relations between us and them to help the spread of Unionism to those abroad.

Now with my tenure, comes another soul who takes upon himself a mantle which no other soul may know the burden of except the Emperors of old. Crown Prince Cedromar the First has all just claims to the Imperial Throne, and the world holds its breath for the future. I would like to assure the public, that the Sancella has put all faith into the Crown Prince; and dutifully, graciously, and piously will we strive to further the cause of Union in his name. The Crown Prince has already shown great strides in continuing the legacy that makes his predecessor set through his announced policies and actions. The Sancella endorses and will help to see through all actions that are required of us, in order to better expand our beloved Empire and the Creeds across Aloria. The first and foremost being that the Sancella will remove certain limitations from the fields of science as to encourage greater innovation from the brilliant minds of Regalia. As such, in my tenure, I will strive to not only reduce limitations, but further the realm of academia within the Empire, and have hopes to construct new schools of learning across the Empire. I pray to the Imperial Spirit that I have the strength to deliver through on this promise.

To stand united together, to protect the whole of creation, to protect each person, especially the poorest, to protect ourselves: this is a service that the Supreme Reverend is called to carry out, yet one to which all of us are called, so that the star of hope will shine brightly. Let us protect with love all that the Imperial Spirit has given us! I implore the intercession of the Emperors of old and the most beloved Herons, that the Imperial Spirit may guide me and use me as it sees fit, and I ask all of you to pray for me! Neben Mir.

homilyy.png

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 LumosJared, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. babaMP3

babaMP3 innocent until proven filthy Supremium

"For a man will follow orders out of fear for his life, but he will not take care to learn about the truth."

Antonia read the line, and the few lines preceding it over a few times before giving a slight, tired smile,"I do like that, I do like that indeed."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

Limba Tara would cheer in the crowds, not due to the fact that this emperor might actually differ from leaders of the past, but the fact that there was a possibility of unity throughout the lands and races. A tear would come to his eyes from the excellently elleganted wordsmithery the speech presented.

OOC: GREAT JOB! Well written!

4. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

Blessed Grandpapa Aethelred.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Valentinian

Valentinian Have a little faith.

Charles Montagarde reads over a transcript of the speech, shrugging, "Relatively uncontroversial."

6. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

Alrik Siegfried: He read over the transcript, giving a light shrug and grinning to his sister, then raising a brow "These Regalians will no' be meetin' a kind end, oi'm sure o' that." He slid the transcript across to his daring younger sister Nadette and smiled softly "Wha' do yeh make of I'?"

@VintageMystic