• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

The Sunday Scratch | Extra Issue #3: The Chancellery Decided

Ocularum

CS_Birb Impersonator
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
jWq3rjPaB7siDrfVvCeHtSAEcJWzR89XvMDCRvJtR4pnRefezHKhC50Dpa6Cg-Gqb_hXq8xU7FMWocw5FE_0TqFJjJc-rUQ8fxCefLGfI6IXx_MZb6pWyPDOBVM7rguwXSL700tW

c3bL-rrRrSf-rFddjxNYBWjzM-Z_rke1jlRojSK3BzjdOnmXpW_GJOdx4YYWS8dOnJ7-Ed1FUoPheB1_nnPfW4H3IBrWJxz0lUXQrqCRG79Jbj_V-_HbNRJSMKQeVIPOxgR5no-6

An artists rendition of the 34th Inaugural Assembly.
34TH LORD CHANCELLOR'S INAUGURAL ASSEMBLY
Penned March 13th, 309

The induction of a new Lord Chancellor comes with a number of changes. In years past, the government changing hands has resulted in mass firings of Ministry officials and sweeping changes to existing legislation. Every Chancellor has an agenda. Their legal changes and picks for their cabinet represent this, but above all they are an extension of His Imperial Holiness and rule only as long as the Assembly allows it.

In times such as these, one can only hope competency was chosen over promises made in backroom dealings.

ASSEMBLY PROCEEDINGS
The race between Reinard and Delmotte was close. Reinard held 24 votes to Delmotte's 22, and the two-wide gap persisted in the final vote. In the end, the vote was 18-16 in Reinard's favor, to much rejoicing from the Mac Conall and Harhold camps.

FIRST WORDS FROM THE STATE CHANCELLOR OF THE REGALIAN EMPIRE
I should like to address the Peerage, briefly. I thank those who have faith in me, and do hope that I prove myself to those who do not.

As matters stand currently, the Empire needs cooperation among us at its highest ranks now, more than is usual, and I aim to achieve this cooperation, as tentative as it may be. I do not intend to lord over this Assembly, but rather will require the support of my Peers in the coming months.

That is all.

FIRST TOPIC OF THE INAUGURAL ASSEMBLY
Raised by His Grace Cillian Mac Conall.

QUESTION: I would like to hear our New Chancellor's stance on what is to be done with the Allorn—it's an issue that has not been spoken of to the degree it warrants. I propose an official stance on the matter be addressed to them, that they will step no further to the good Daen people, or fine Ailor of any other nation, state or settlement.

RESPONSE: Insofar as diplomacy is a viable option, we will first exhaust that option. But given the extremely delicate nature of that particular subject, it is a matter best addressed by a means I would like to bring into common practice. That is, by Committee. Their state has all but rejected the notion that we are even a sovereign nation, do you truly believe diplomacy will yield any fruit?

I intend to view-over the Peerage and find relevant voices on the matter, from various perceived 'sides', and bring them together after-hours to formulate an ideal plan of action. This will then be brought, broadly, before the Assembly when it is next held. To be approved, or denied and brought under review.

This combines the multiplicity of experts and viewpoints, with the ability to determine things nimbly.

SUPPORT FROM THE REEVE, TIRIOC MIONTHER: To reinforce the Chancellor's stance. The Foreign Minister is not of Royalty. The only thing we know for certain, is that the Allorn rulers refused to meet anyone of non-Royal blood, which is a very normal stance to have for Imperial States.

SECOND TOPIC OF THE INAUGURAL ASSEMBLY
Raised by Reginald von Falkenreich.

CONTEXT: This proposal was defeated in an earlier Assembly.

PROPOSAL: To make the destruction of evidence classified as a crime.

RESULT: Proposal rescinded by Reginald von Falkenreich. The proposal is sufficiently covered by Regalian Low Law I, which states that bearing false witness, or resisting arrest, or hindering a Guard investigation is illegal.

CLOSING THOUGHTS WITH EX-CHANCELLOR JARED BANCROFT, FIRST OF HIS NAME
Emery Houle
Penned March 13th, 309

His Grace Jared Bancroft is a man of many names and talents, and an example of what is possible for anyone in this Empire if they continually strive for their goals. He began not as nobility, and neither was he anyone of great renown until he worked for it. These days it would be difficult to come across anyone who does not know his story, and with an opportunity to put his experiences to print even more will know it.

This chapter of his life began in service to House Kade. He was adopted, continuing to serve in much the same capacity as before until his bid for the chancellery. Unable to retain the name Kade he became Jared Bancroft in homage to the old Kade-Vassal named used by Cedromar Kade.

WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW THAT YOU'VE DECIDED TO STEP DOWN? AS I UNDERSTAND IT, YOU STILL HOLD YOUR POSITION AS DEFENSE MINISTER.
In my discussion with his High Eminence Reinard, it was decided I ought to remain as Defense Minister. I will not stay for long, but there is work yet to be done in ensuring the Realm remains safe through the coming conflicts.

Outside of that, I will continue my work with the Dragon Temple and Matron Zylmoira, and leading House Bancroft as Duke of Draackenrust.

DID YOU ACCOMPLISH EVERYTHING YOU SET OUT TO DO WHEN YOU ASSUMED OFFICE?
The Finance Minister, her High Grace de Azcoissia, summarized that point well in my last decree. If I hit all the targets I set for myself, I may very well have not put them high enough. Specifically, while I wished for the Whip Ministry to evolve, it became unnecessary when all my Ministers were, in a word, competent.

Failing to find a new purpose for that Ministry was unfortunate. The war in Sendrassia I had hoped to end during my Chancellery, but our Marshal Cabinet will succeed in the end, independent of whoever sits in the Chancellery.

Finally, a few may whisper I did not control the Assembly as strongly as I ought to have, but I would argue that I rarely put legislation I wished to pass before the Assembly at all. Barring the Isldar First Civil Status vote, which needed to go through the Assembly for long-term reasons. I think it best if the Chancellor leads and the Assembly follows, complaining if they wish to.

And complain they did when they all pushed for immediate war with the Allorn, but I held them back then, and hope his High Eminence Reinard does the same; war is never something to enter so lightly.

WHAT COMPELLED YOU TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY THEN? PLEDGING YOURSELF TO DEFEND AGAINST ONE'S ENEMIES IS ANOTHER MATTER FOR NOBILITY WHO NEVER SEE THE FRONT LINES, BUT YOU HAVE FOUGHT. YOU'VE SEEN WHAT IT DOES TO PEOPLE.
The first time? Hm. I was a young Ranger then, wandering on the edges of the Empire. When I decided to move to Regalia proper, it only made sense to continue doing as I had done; fighting what I felt were the most pressing dangers to the Realm.

I have unyielding faith in the Imperial Spirit, and the wars that the State has sent men to fight. To turn away from that conflict, while pretending to be a warrior of any substance? It was necessary, then and now. Until my body gives, I will continue to serve alongside the honorable men of the Regalian Army.

WHAT IS THE ONE PART OF BEING CHANCELLOR THAT YOU WILL AND WILL NOT MISS?
I can't say who said this, but a very competent member of the Government made an astute point about me. I am paraphrasing, but "You belong with one hand in the saddle, another wielding a blade." in reference to the war-hungry conservatives giving me grief in the Assembly Hall. And I do. I believe I did a reasonably good job as Lord Chancellor, and can sleep well over my service. But I will not miss being restricted to wielding a pen, however important that sacred duty is.

As for what I will miss… I suppose nothing. Except the feeling in my heart as it was announced I had won the vote, by a larger margin than any in recent history. The possibilities, the relief, the overwhelming sense of duty. His High Eminence Reinard surely feels the same, and I hope he takes full advantage.

DO YOU HAVE ANY WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR YOUR SUCCESSOR?
I spoke with his High Eminence in private just after the vote. I had a slight fear that the capable Government and Ministries I've created would be dismantled, that he would seek to change too much to establish his own vision. But wisely, he understands the value in building on success. He will rule well, for he is a mediator, in his own words. A moderate, a centrist, and a decent man. So long as he respects our military and remembers his time is brief, I believe he will do well.

Also. I left him a bottle of Gallovian Whiskey, which I consider an essential for a job this stressful.

AS FOR THOSE THINGS YOU WISHED TO TALK ABOUT. ARE WE MISSING ANY?
I will say this. I forgot to thank Klaus Typhonus for his loyalty during my Chancellery, and Lazarus Lupenzi for his work in the Government. And to reiterate, my utmost thanks and appreciation shall ever go to the Regalian Army and their service, sacrifices, and duty to the Realm. I hope the next Chancellor serves to be worthy of their devotion.

V7tbzM1YLRWpAnPjTBlsCnDNon4rSwyCsU6tfNOzf1snEAATKnLC8dvyPDSVs4EXXe9auvmyH5WB0UOeM7PMjQ2NNFo0lBmzaHr6Frf7SD_JH2oT1HtHtgZ4hhZtMHm2bkZIAnKc

SUBSCRIPTIONS @canaaa @FeralGayWalnut @TonyBones @NebulaePrimo @bwmwags3 @BiBiBirdie @JResurrected @AtticCat @Farly108 @BluKnight10 @Lutowski @Iyyiushi @MrNoot1 @MippyMoo @SaltyLikeTheSea @Nirnro0t @HereticTakao @Greys_n @yamiya @Ampers07 @AshenRoman @yamiya @Ampers07 @AshenRoman @ZiggyStarDusted @festiveCorvid @SleepyIsVerySlep @sinhai @Wilvahelm @LilBeast_24 @LeafMC @dimetros @mcmann @essentialess @Arhbi @MantaRey @LumosJared

Shout-out to Jared for the interview!
You can read more about the end of Jared Bancroft's tenure HERE.

This is also the last of this month's extra issues unless something truly spectacular happens. Regular posting will be toward the end of the month, as usual.

Last edited: