Monthly Progression The Stirring Tunnels Of The Cathedral

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The cold winter air was already dawning on Regalia as the soldiers marched onto the warships from the harbor-sides. Women and children waved their husbands goodbye as the vast majority of the Regalian Tenpenny Army and smaller retinues of the various noble families sailed off to the meeting points just off the coast of the Tirgunn Isle. The Regalian tradition of pinning Lavender flowers to the armor of the soldiers gave the whole fleet a very fragrant smell, though there was still a certain sense of doom in the hearts of the Regalians left behind. These enemies were no ordinary Allar or Elves that could be cut down with a simple blade; The Alaru Addir weapons provided some means of destroying the bone horrors, but casualties were expected to be high and many soldiers would not return from the front. The other outlying Empire lands flooded all their retinues and manpower to the central fleet location, after which all the battleships set sail for Daendroc, Ithania, and Nordskag. The central command decided that the commanders would be shipped roughly a week later, as steady planning was of the utmost importance. The Military Governance was also waiting for communications to be restored with the Prince Marshal of Etosil, Cedric Kade, before they could proceed with central army planning.

The day passed with a somber atmosphere wherever the Regalians went. The tavern was more quiet than usual. Many of the shops were closed, and even the Violet Order had less men available patrolling the streets. Yet, there was also a sense of camaraderie with even some of the criminal elements of society (definitely not Usque Galenas though). Some of the criminals had agreed to an unofficial cease fire that the government passed through secret channels while they focussed their entire effort on eradicating the Bone Horror plague around the world. Even in the sewer Mossy Poss, less fireballs and smirks were had than usual, and the tavern almost resembled an actual reputable establishment. Above the ground, William Coen, Reginald Kade-Schwarz V, Eira Sorenvik, and Maedelyn Barlowe planned how to proceed with the other Marshals of the army. In accordance with war time, the Imperial Palace shut its gates and all Imperial dignitaries disappeared behind the massive Citadel walls. The towers were manned with soldiers and even the Regalian outer walls had their patrols increased. As night fell, and the people returned to their estates for a last few days with their families, ominous forces were at work elsewhere in the city.

Unbeknownst to the Regalians, who were slowly descending into slumber, three white skinned members of the Midnight Court emerged from the water near a sewer exit pipe and entered the bowels of the city. They took no great effort to disguise their arrival; even some sewer dwellers saw them. The three continued through the sewers until whoever was brave enough to follow them would lose track of them somewhere in the tunnels underneath the Grand Imperial Cathedral. Sewer dwellers would later tell rumors of hearing whispers between the cracks of the stone, and strange bellowing noises echoing down the tunnels that they themselves feared to enter due to the monsters that dwelled below.

The three individuals made their way through various crypts and tombs, using stone magic to open and seal various paths around them. Eventually they reached a large hall adorned with Alltmeister Imperial banners: the Imperial Crypt for the royal family. One of them lit a faint candle, their visages becoming more clearer to one another as the light shone on them. The central figure was the twisted being that was once the Arloran king, and the other two were mutated female bodyguards. Any vague semblance of humanity had escaped them while they existed in this twisted form. They started casting strange forms of magic over the graves around them; vile magics that had not defiled the Alorian dimension for millennia. Before long, various grave stones started shifting, and noises appeared from inside the tombs. One particular grave, tucked away in the corner of the crypt with a series of poppy flowers and red roses in front of it, shook, and its lid fell off. A single frail hand crawled over the edge, exposing a single dirty golden ring with a brilliant ruby gem. And just like that, one of the Midnight Court creatures blew out the candle, and whatever evil continued in that crypt would not see the light of day for some time to come.

OOC info:
    • Most Regalian soldiers left to the warfront now. Leaders and retinues are still in the city, so none of the players who signed up for war have left yet except for the “AFK army”.
    • The city is /not/ defenceless. The Violet Order is still very much manned and some warships remain on the water.
    • The Arrival of the Midnight Court people can be witnessed IC, but once they reach the Cathedral tunnels all traces of them disappear. The paragraph that follows afterwards is “hidden” and nobody knows about that IC.
    • An Event will be held Saturday 22:00 GMT in Regalia. A /tp RPEvent will be provided and we will post a Calendar feature soon.
    • This Event will both be led in and out by a progression post on the forum to inform players of what is going to happen, but needless to say everyone should totally show up.
    • The Event will be very passive. Players will likely be put in a non-RP zone where chat does not work to prevent players from spamming away plot relevant information that will be portrayed by actors. Nobody will die or be maimed, it’s mostly just a spectator event with a reveal that is sure to wet some pants.

• Winner x 16
    • Immersive x 1
    • Educated x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

That would be 10pm Us Central Time if I am not mistaken.

This sounds awesome I will 100% have to show up

3. soapboxstage

soapboxstage a muppet of a man

how will we know if we are accepted to the event?

4. Johto_Jo

Johto_Jo Irresponsible Father

5. Nudibronch

Nudibronch Professional Procrastinator

6. TotallyNotRice

TotallyNotRice just some guy

freya lo

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #6 TotallyNotRice, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  7. Korgex12

Korgex12 Coming Soon

Events don't require OOC invitations from what I know. IC is a different story.

8. Grimmsome

Grimmsome mr. blue sky (living here today)

.. y'all

im calling it now that's freya lo i swear

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  9. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

☼ Niantha Gwaeth'orn ☼
    The sewer tunnels were quiet. Too quiet. With a temporary Usque Galenas truce under her belt, and smaller, pettier sewer gangs posing no more threat than a mere mosquito, everything had fallen serene for the Nenyarina. Niantha idly patrolled the tunnels as she always did, brushing one hand across the grimy brightmoss as she kept a keen eye out for any Shendar lurkers causing trouble. When she had set out for this mundane walk, the last thing Ni had expected to see were the grotesque creations of the very Goddess she oh-so coveted.

"By sweet mother Estel..." The Yanar whispered to herself, clasping a glove-covered hand over her mouth. She could only stop and stare as the ghost-skinned freaks marched past as if she were nothing more than scenery, their twisted faces and inelvish ears pointed back from whence they came. A few shadowy figures lurked a ways behind the trio, muttering rumours and nonsense concerning their features and presence. Niantha, however, knew exactly what these creatures were. She had heard the stories, read the scholar articles countless times, and seen the artistic renditions, but seeing them in the flesh was something else entirely. To her they were a beacon of example; to what the rest of Aloria might become if they refused to heed to Estel's closest desires. It took her a few moments to collect herself, before she too followed on behind the group, muttering soft prayers to her beloved Goddess in the closest to ancient tongue she knew.

The Midnight Court lead the trail of followers down cavern after cavern, seemingly on a set and almost mechanical path headed for one place in particular. With every turn the tunnels seemed to darken, but by this point the Yanar was entirely out of her depth. Never before had she been lead this astray from the main cisterns of the undercity in which she usually dwelled. Before long she had completely lost sight of the ghostly creatures, and all that remained was the faint echo of footsteps and whispers of intelligible groans coming from all corners of the darkness. After pursing her lips in thought and confusion, she reluctantly turned to follow the faint voice of decrepit ivy back towards her home grove. She would have much to tell the Nenyarina about the event she just witnessed.

"Oh great Estel, grant us mercy and protection in these trying times. I know not what you or your messengers have planned, but I pray that you remain the light of the Virtues at your side.
    May you guide us well."

Or in my case,
    wet some plants.
    white

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #9 Eccetra, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  10. Pilotos

Pilotos Traveler

When grumpy goth burg from the poor district literally predicts the entire further events, and we get lore like [A Lo Blow] from quests.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Doc_Cantankerous

Doc_Cantankerous Second Foundationer

That would be 4pm cst. or 16:00cst if you prefer.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  12. Conflee

Ops, righty lol. I hate timezones... XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. soapboxstage

i mean if we signed up for the event, how do we know if we are in the event?

14. Eternal_Wrath

Eternal_Wrath Skagger Dad

You mean the War of Reconquest?

15. Conflee

For simplicity sake, I think if you signed up you are in. The one time they tried to make a post mentioning every name of everyone who signed up, they spent months writing it and still missed people. So, to simplify it, ye.

16. Eternal_Wrath

Eternal_Wrath Skagger Dad

Its likely a "No news is good news" situation

@Cpt_Manturay

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

tfw youre preparing to go save New Ceardia but then shit happen right in the city.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. soapboxstage

like, Im debating making a player quest when I signed up for the purpose of the player quest and Im debating making a character update where my char learns anti-magic but idk

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. krios41

krios41 Privjet

well fluff :c

20. Shuikenai

Shuikenai Miracle Child

[​IMG]
    Sooon

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. NZ_Nix

NZ_Nix Explorer

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

Reaction78657.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

24. CinnamonPlease

CinnamonPlease i feel like a warm red autumn

lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Tra_kad

Tra_kad Massives biggest Adventurer and Conspiracy Maker

oh my

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

k marty k *KINDA WANT SOME PEEPS TO DIE*

27. Pastellanar

Pastellanar p l a t i n u m   l i z a r d

[​IMG]
    THE RIDE DOESN'T END.​

28. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

It's been a while since I grinned that widely.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  29. taintedly

taintedly juggalo

legit screaming aaaa

30. Gabauchi

Gabauchi Goblin Babe (Local Hotsexy)

marty always throws shade at the sewer ne'er dwellers and it's so great

• Agree Agree x 3
  31. soapboxstage

can someone transfer this to pst? I can NEVER get the times right

32. Beetletoes

Beetletoes Regalian Prince

GOD DAMNIT I JUST REALIZED I WON'T BE HERE FOR THE EVENT
    Reaction2345.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  33. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

For those wanting to participate in the event, please be aware that the event was planned 1 hour before the original post implies. It is currently set to 21:00 GMT. Please refer to the calendar to see it in your local time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Constructive Constructive x 1
  34. Conflee

Cant wait for this. Iv never been to a "Spectator" Event on here. (Im not sure if there have been any before tbh). Anything that has to do with the Bone Horrors is always a win for me though

35. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

Massiveception, me thinks: roleplay within a roleplay post after being lead by roleplay staff.

36. Conflee

4 HOUUURSSSS

37. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

From now! -sets a timer-

• Like Like x 1
  38. Pilotos

Pilotos Traveler

As some of us cannot attend, would it be cool for someone to stream the event.. (perhaps on beam.pro) *shrug*

• Like Like x 2
  39. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

Can....can someone please do this?

• Agree Agree x 4
  40. Shuikenai

Shuikenai Miracle Child

Someone on Game staff or PR or something might record stuff?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.