Archived The Ship Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Reaction score
Faction
(I forgot)
So I was thinking we should improve in our naval warfare. I think that the sailing community is mostly old drunken sailors in the tavern telling sea stories than actual sailing.

My character plans on being a pirate. When i thought about him sailing I thought it would be the same. And no I'm not just saying this to benefit me. I''m going to give you some example why you should add a Ship Plugin

1. It will improve factions, as it is completely concentrated on land combat.
2. Sure there may be ships but they can only fire cannons and i have never seen a ship move.
3. It will open up new RP possibilities for the player.

So now that I'm done giving you reasons here's how i think it should work, be free to make the plugin how you see fit. I think the ships should move as fast as a horse. As for the creation of a ship I think it should go like this: Player gathers materials, player makes the ship, and then they craft a Wheel. The wheel is kind of like a pig, you right click it and you ride the ships. The server requires you make it in the water. The wheel will move any material it is attached to. I think the speed should depend on the type of Wheel and how much material you make the wheel drag. Now you would be wondering how the player would stand on the ship. I was thinking you could make it so the player moves with the boat but stays on the same block.

Thank you for your time. I know a plugin like this takes months, possibly years. But I think it would make the server extremely popular.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well I think It would work. The server should try making it into a plugin. So that way we can all have a better RP experience.

Well I think It would work. The server should try making it into a plugin. So that way we can all have a better RP experience.
How exactly would this be better for RP? The RP hub is Regalia, and you would go to other worlds that are used for factions, therefore not relating to the main RP.

Again, this is almost exactly like a certain mod, that uses both airships and boats.

I just think that this ship plugin would improve the RP. More people would become sailors instead of thieves and assassins, which let's face it, is just a community of metagamers and people who cheat RP

And also I;m not just talking about RP. This server is driven by factions. And the ship plugin might be the key to having a true well rounded PVP community with a blend of adventuring.

Not to mention MOST of the server is made up of thieves and assassins. So I think if we could get these new players to see the light of being adventurous sailor rather than a silent assassin the server might be a little more, realistic. Because back then everyone probably wasn't going around slicing throats like there was no tomorrow.

Not to mention MOST of the server is made up of thieves and assassins. So I think if we could get these new players to see the light of being adventurous sailor rather than a silent assassin the server might be a little more, realistic. Because back then everyone probably wasn't going around slicing throats like there was no tomorrow.
That is NOT true. There are many new players doing that, and thieves are common. But not all thieves are slitting throats, and they are mostly based in the sewers. And be realistic, affording a ship would be hard.

Archimedes mod is the mod StereoTurtle speaks of and I'm sorry but I never see a plugin like this being implemented. I may be wrong and forgive me if I am but I just think a plugin that would allow huge builds to move every single block in synchronous that it would cause an insane amount of lag. Staff is trying to find solutions to lag not creating more.

Hello there,

as already mentioned by @Jackmo_Jones a plugin like that will cause an extreme ammount of lag, both tps and fps wise, similar to a big WorldEdit on a constant basis. Therefor it can not be implented, sorry.

On a brighter note the 1.9 Update is said to add a second seat to the current minecraft boat, might not be as flashy as a real ship but at least you can travel around with your friends.

Yeah they removed the cannons plugin for lag involving only Redstone, so the amount this would cause over an entire region is too much. Plus I don't think massivecraft is in the business for 3rd party plugins right now.

Sure, I know that the plugin would cause mass lag but if the staff spent the time trying to make the plugin smoother, i think it could happen. I just think it should be a long term goal for the coders to focus on. And also I said that if people packed more weight on the ship it would go slower, compensating for less lag. I just thought it should be a long term goal.

if people packed more weight on the ship it would go slower, compensating for less lag. I just thought it should be a long term goal.

Granted one block wouldn't be moving twice a second, but 100 blocks would be moving every 5 seconds. Still a lot of lag...

Now imagine a fleet of those. We now have at least 500 blocks moving every 5 seconds. Now imagine an opposing side's fleet. A thousand blocks. Now imagine if multiple naval battles were taking place in the same world. Thousands of blocks moving every five seconds... That's a lot of lag.

Well I was thinking of making the wheels very expensive to make so that way people wouldn't have fleets. But I just think that it should be something to focus on.

Oh :(

I Guess i could make a fac home in the middle of the ocean and call that a ship :(

That is NOT true. There are many new players doing that, and thieves are common. But not all thieves are slitting throats, and they are mostly based in the sewers. And be realistic, affording a ship would be hard.
Yeah, my thieves just knock you out, steal your stuff, and do things with the body.

Well I'm sorry for saying anything, ladies and gents. I have taken up too much of your time. I'll just maybe make a faction, make the F Home on a ship in the middle of the ocean, and call that a pirate ship.

-readies the chains and knives-
The only thing Squeaker fears is me.
giphy.gif