The Requisition | Regalia's Thieves' Guild

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Mollymock, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Mollymock

Mollymock Regalian Citizen

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    “Stars hide your fires;
    Let not light see my black and deep desires:
    The eye wink at the hand; yet let that be
    What the eye fears, when it is done, to see?”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I. Basic Information

V. Membership

[​IMG]
    Name | The Requisition
    Guild Master | The Shadowman & Umbra
    Theme | A thieves guild abiding by a loose code of honour, making use of sorcery
    Goals | Wealth and Sanctuary
    Description | Having its origins deeply sewn within the School of Understate, The Requisition seeks one thing; the requisition of coin. Originating as a group of petty thieves in the city of Hallonq, the guild has since fled further afield, now inhabiting the Holy City of Regalia. The Requisition stands as a haven for any seeking a more thrill-filled life, providing those evading the law, or those with a thirst for such, with a sanctuary and the resources to do as they please.

[​IMG]

205 AC. The organisation can be traced this far back, in the city of Hallonq, with the three founding members; an Ailor ex-sailor, known as Enrico del Toro; a Varran, descendant from a line of merchants then fallen from grace, whose name has been lost to time, referred to as Neith; a Kathar who worshipped the Void Prefect of Trickery, known as Thorstar Othrvu. Rumours are had that the group was initially established as a cult, of sorts, towards the Void Prefect of Trickery, although, such is just a myth, having no substantial evidence to back it. In actuality, the trio were members of the Understate, from a mix of both Undercroft and Vilestate origins.
    225 AC. With interest in the trio's actions increasing, they took it upon themselves to found an organisation seeking fame and fortune; a group of thieves with a code of morals. They dubbed it The Requisition, providing sanctuary to any and all who pursue their line of work. The Thieves' Honour was instated soon after, acting as a guide to how the members of the group should operate moving forwards.
    250 AC. By this point, the guild had grown substantially, finding themselves sprawling across the city. This marked an age of prosperity for them, and all crime syndicates in Hallonq. This time is remembered fondly by members, and it is said by many that the Guild should look to their predecessors to regain their past wealth.
    289 AC. Hallonq was seized by the Regalian Empire, leading to a crackdown on crime establishments. For many years, the group was forced underground, until the General Rubén Vicario discovered their hide away, wrapping The Inquisition around his finger for his own benefit. This year marks the end of the guild's prosperity, signifying the downwards spiral they took.
    304 AC. During the events of the Bone Horror Crisis, the organisations members were obliterated, and were considered by many to be extinct; with the Asaltadors becoming the only notable gang of the city.
    307 AC. The Requisition re-emerged in the Holy City of Regalia, headed by the Shadowman; one of few members still remaining from the original cell. With time, the local Black Market industry found itself absorbed into the group, expanding their horizons for the future.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 16
    • Friendly x 3
    • Cuddles! x 2
    • Powerful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    #1 Mollymock, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  2. Mollymock

[​IMG]
    (The existence of Thieves' Cant is a closely held trade secret, with strict punishments being deployed to those who share it with those outwith the profession. As such, certain knowledge is only known to those well versed in the Underworld.)
    To more easily communicate with other members of the Guild, thieves utilise a symbol based system known as
    "Thieves' Cant". These symbols indicate a variety of different things, from a magical presence to a guild safe house. Members are heavily encouraged to tag however many areas possible during their travels, to ensure their companions know the most information possible.
    [​IMG]
    Some of these symbols are a closer held secret than others. Below, there is a list of each symbol and meaning (being a member of The Requisition also unlocks such knowledge).

• Danger - Marks a dangerous area, may it be due to guard, mercenary, vigilante, or wildlife interference
    • Fence - Marks the location of a Fence; a peddler of stolen, and illegal, goods
    • Cache - Marks the location of a Guild Cache, usually used to temporarily store goods, or carry out discrete trade deals
    • Guild - Marks the location of a Guild Owned Establishment
    • Protected - Marks the location of an Establishment protected by the Guild
    • Safe - Marks a safe area to lay low or hide in the event of a search
    • Escape - Marks a quick get-away, should the occasion arise, usually leading to a trail of similar symbols
    • Empty - Marks a location as being empty of loot, and therefore, not worth entering
    • Loot - Marks a location as being full of loot, and therefore, should be considered to be broken into
    Thieves' Cant extends to more than just symbols, employing a variety of hand gestures to convey messages to fellow Guild Members. A few have been detailed below, however, they are by no ways limited by them.
    [​IMG]
    I. One of the more common signs for letting another rogue know your profession. You do it by rubbing the palm across the bottom half of the face. There are other ones, but this is the most common.
    II.What the speaker says is important and should be listened to. This is also another way for you to let another know you are a rogue. It is done by placing the thumb into the forefinger while balling the fist.
    III. This one means that the territory you are in is claimed. Work the profession at your own risk. If you cross the path of the current “owner” of the area doing your personal “business” it will probably rub him the wrong way. While most guilds will allow you to do some freelance business, most don’t let an independent rogue set up shop in their town or city. It is done by placing the thumb and forefinger together, with the other three fingers clenched. Then you accompany it with a downward swoop.
    IV. This swooping hand gesture means that whatever word the bearer brings is the word from the “higher power” of the area. Oft times this news or information comes from the Guild Master. It is done by extending all fingers except the pinky finger and doing a downward swoop.
    V. This signifies that this area is a Sanctuary or that the signing rogue is offering a safe haven. This is done by bringing the tops of the fingers to the thumb in somewhat of a fist.
    VI. This one signs danger. It is done by extending all fingers and bringing together the middle and ring finger.
    VII. Guards on the prowl or lookout. If you are looking to avoid official entanglement then you’d best be off elsewhere. It is done by balling up your left fist and grasping your left wrist with your right hand.
    VIII. This means that the powers that be in this area do not welcome you. Normally a quick exit of the area or city is the best move after seeing this. It is done by extending the index and middle finger and crossing them with your thumb.

Alongside these symbols and hand gestures also exists a written code of sorts, usually utilised when people pen letters to The Requisition (to hire them for work, or seek work themselves), although, it is not unknown to be used in conversation. In this secret code, certain words will mean something entirely different. Below is a list entailing such (this list is not set in stone, with changes, additions and subtractions possible. If you have any suggestions on what to use, feel free to get in touch!)
    [Google Doc Link!]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #2 Mollymock, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  3. Mollymock

[​IMG]
    The Guild has safe houses and protected businesses across the city. Most of which are unknown to those not knowledgeable in the Underworld of the city, although, those who do can find details below. Interested in getting your business involved in the guild? Hit me up with a DM here, or on Discord and we can discuss it!

[​IMG]
    Location | Crookback Bay
    Purpose | The Guild's chief headquarters and economic centre
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #3 Mollymock, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  4. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

[​IMG]

[WIP]
    https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/the-gray-market-monopoly.77383/

The Gray Market, as it is called, sells both legal and illegal goods. An arm of the Requisition lead by Claire d'Anjou, the Gray Market has the power to negotiate trade deals on behalf of the Requisition without its direct approval. The politics and diplomatic stances of the two, while similar, are not necessarily the same and the Gray Market can behave friendly towards customers even if the customer is not in good standings with the Requisition, or vice versa.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #4 NebulaePrimo, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  5. Mollymock

[​IMG]
    The group wears a peculiar Hierarchy. Standing at the top is the Guild Master, who is the figure head of the organisation, with the Guild Officers below them. Climbing the ranks of The Requisition requires respect, earned through adherence to the Thieves' Honour Code (found below). A definitive sign of a member of The Requisition is their uniform (seen below), which is given to all members after completing the induction process.
    [​IMG]
    Membership is easy enough to obtain. The primary method of recruitment is through word of mouth, however, with some effort, it is possible to send a letter to the Guild Master to apply. Afterwards, the initiate will undergo a trial period, where their skills will be tested before becoming a fully fledged member and given access to all their resources.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amongst the thieves of the Requisition, a code stands firm to keep the order of the ragtag bunch. The code is as follows;

A thief should...

I. Have nothing to do with the authorities or state, independent of the Guild.
    II. Not serve in the military or accept any offers from the government or prison authority independent from the Guild.
    III. Not cooperate with authorities when detained or if another thief is under investigation or arrest, testify against them.
    IV. Keep secret the information about the whereabouts of accomplices and Guild establishments (i.e. dens, districts, hideouts, safe houses, aliases, etc).
    V. Make good on promises given to other thieves.
    VI. Help other thieves in need, both in emotional and material support.
    VII. Not lose their reasoning abilities when drunk. Drunkenness is not an excuse for breaking the code.
    VIII. Never gamble without being able to cover losses. It is acceptable and expected to cheat (being caught cheating is not).
    IX. Teach our way of life to youth with potential.
    X. Not divulge any information regarding Thieves' Cant, unless it is towards a fellow thief.
    XI. Demand an inquiry and judgement by peers to resolve disputes in the event of a conflict between oneself and other thieves, or between thieves whenever possible.
    XII. If necessary, participate in such inquiries if called upon.
    XIII. Punish any offending thief who breaks the thieves code as decided by the judgement of the community.
    XIV. Not resist carrying out the decision of punishing the offending thief who is found guilty of violating the code.

[​IMG]
    To apply to the group, please post the template below, or contact me on discord @Mollymock#2812!
    • IG Name (self explanatory):
    • Character Application (doesn't need to be approved, just finished!):
    • Discord? (Yes or no is fine!):
    • IC letter to Shadowman (detail your skills, your experience and why you want to join The Requisition):
    • Tag @BiBiBirdie for quicker replies!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #5 Mollymock, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  6. Nungenung

Nungenung Owner of The Green Orc inn

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BiBiBirdie

BiBiBirdie The Bird Monarch

IG Name (self-explanatory): BiBiBirdie
    Character Application (doesn't need to be approved, just finished!): [x]
    Discord? (Yes or no is fine!): You have me already, love.
    To the Upright Man in charge,
    I hope this letter finds you in good health and all the rest of that fluff. I've been looking for some Hired Help recently, and since losing my Uncle I've been looking for someone to helps with Bits and pieces. I'll be happy to lend a hand in any way I can. While I'm not the best Gilt, you'll be hard pushed to find a better Cannon or someone more willing to play a Game with a mob.
    I look forward to hearing back from you,
    Ciel.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  9. Mollymock

@BiBiBirdie is getting brownie points for writing it in Thieves' Cant. You are Approved!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  10. Entityze

Entityze Straight outta DBD

• IG Name Spookenn
    • Character Application Niriana
    • Discord? Night#2827
    • IC letter to Obscuro
    To whoever might lead this group

Hello, I need some buddies to pickpocket and break into houses with and this group has peaked my interested, let me in!

-Niriana

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mollymock

Approved my dude!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  12. thundermember

thundermember jayp's gayp

• IG Name: NecroticKarate
    • Character Application: in PMs!
    • Discord?: definitely not .
    • IC letter to Obscuro: To whom this may ultimately concern, One finds themselves lonely in their endeavour to wealth. It is to my surprise to learn that such a group exists, but consider my interest piqued. - Sabellora.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  13. Mollymock

You have been Approved!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  14. Naganadel_

Naganadel_ Master Rank 17 Hunter of the Fifth Fleet

IGN: Bayonettarded

Character app: (Still in the works)

Discord: You got mine bb

IC Letter To Obscero: I would like to join this, I have a very very secretive talent that I am just dying to get out there. I will not take no for an answer, you will need me. -Harmaeus

15. TonyBones

TonyBones Coffee addict

IGN: Tonybones
    Character Sheet: Here
    Discord?: Yeah, just look for Tonybones153#6487
    IC Letter to Obscuro:
    ((The letter has a few blood spots on it but all the words are readable))
    To whom it make concern too,
    I believe I might be of use for your little guild. I've been a rogue since I had baby teeth and have grown into my profession. I'm proficient in stealth, Purse collecting, black art and a pig poker. If you think I'm gonna have a chat with a few people, you'lI have to pursuade me with a generous amount of bits. Regardless, when I get a job, I make sure it gets done. I hope to see you in the near future.
    From a Rogue to a Gentleman,
    C.

#15 TonyBones, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  16. Mollymock

Hello there @Naganadel_ ! I'm sorry to say that I'm going to have to decline your application, due to you not having a finished app. I urge you to apply again, however after getting one up!

@TonyBones I'm going to approve you on a two week trial! I'll throw you a DM over discord!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  17. GamingLeopurred

GamingLeopurred Tech Rat Staff Member World2

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mollymock

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  19. Atomic_Newt

Atomic_Newt

• IG Name (self explanatory): Fireright
    • Character Application (doesn't need to be approved, just finished!):https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/character-application-alister-waterlow.80013/
    • Discord? (Yes or no is fine!): yes, Fireright#1636
    • IC letter to Obscuro (detail your skills, your experience and why you want to join The Requisition): Hello. I am contacting you because I have met someone in your organization, who discussed with me the sort of business your group conducts. I would be very interested in potentially joining, and have multiple talents that would be highly useful if placed at your disposal. I am proficient in most types of business pertaining to your organization, but specialize in collecting intelligence about competing business operatives, up close and personal discussion with said competitors, persuading sources to divulge information they are withholding, and protection of organization members and assets. I would welcome the opportunity to get back to doing what I'm best at.
    A.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mollymock

You are accepted on a trial, my friend! Welcome aboard!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  21. RedSentinel

RedSentinel Regalian High Lord

+10 points for the sneaky Outsider gif from dishonored :3

22. AnimalisticArts

AnimalisticArts The Lonley One

Obscuro,
    Good evening. I believe we've spoken before about my employment. However I've penned a letter as well. I will keep this short due to our previous contact. I am a master of forgeries and intel gathering. I have a few other skills we have spoken about as well. I look forward to our first job.
    Zilyana.

23. Mollymock

You are accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  24. Kingdom56

Kingdom56 Only if being a meme-dealer was a real profession.

• IG Name: Kingdom56
    • Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/rennyn-caranis.72956/
    • Discord? Already in the chat
    • IC letter to Obscuro (detail your skills, your experience and why you want to join The Requisition): (The hand-writing on the letter would seem to be a bit scratchy, and have a few scribbles and lines drawn through words.. As if a great deal of effort was being put into it. Though, it wasn't the neatest.) Hello. I have spoken with you earlier about getting work. To be clear, I need work so that I can get money so that I can move forward. I think the Requisition could be just the thing for someone like me. Thanks for reading.
    Signed, Rennyn Caranis~.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  25. Mollymock

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  26. Mettappiness

Mettappiness Professional Burrito

To Obscuro,
    I believe we have spoken before, as I have visited your building many times. I must keep this vague, in case this were to land in the wrong hands. I shall be known as Onyx, as my real name could give too much away to the wrong people. I am interested in doing the type of work you request, as I have already been doing it, but it can be hard when you're on your own. I have had many failed attempts at this job purely because of my solidarity. However, working with a group like yours could benefit us both nicely. I wish to speak with you about it more in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Onyx.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. BiBiBirdie

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  28. MolagBallin

MolagBallin .

29. BiBiBirdie

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  30. Ludicro

Ludicro Indecisive - Wait, no make it ironic

IG Name (self explanatory): Ludicro
    Character Application (doesn't need to be approved, just finished!): [x]
    Discord? (Yes or no is fine!): Yes - Ludicro#6812
    IC letter to Obscuro (detail your skills, your experience and why you want to join The Requisition)
    Greetings,
    I have caught wind of your organization and I think I could be an asset. I currently jump around from job to job in whichever taverns I can find and can get some little bits of knowledge about certain people, events, and if I'm lucky, things I shouldn't know about at all. Little bit of alcohol will do that to you. However, these tavern jobs don't seem to fill my pockets with coin as much as I had hopped they would've.
    Zacaharias
    Tag @BiBiBirdie for quicker replies!

31. Mollymock

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  32. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

@BiBiBirdie
    • IG Name: Bwmwags3
    • Character Application: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/james-treji-larkson-the-pagan.81373/#post-947842
    • Discord? (Yes or no is fine!): Yes
    • IC letter to Obscuro (detail your skills, your experience and why you want to join The Requisition): Hello, I've been searching for a place to belong and as I'm currently on the run. I believe my skills can be put to use for the guild., I'm a deft hand with a blade and a full pagan ritualist. I might not be nimble but I'm smart and can use my ritualism to magically imprint our thieves cant along walls, by the gods I can even animate it if your interested. I also have a good knowledge of Vampires and were-beasts if that is of interest to the guild.
    Signed,
    The Pagan

33. BiBiBirdie

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  34. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Is there a guild discord?

35. Ascelus

Ascelus Professional Rat

IGN: Ascelus
    Character Application: Bam
    Discord?: yOu HaVe It My MaN
    IC letter to Obscuro:
    "Good day. We met very briefly within your bank, Eloha had introduced me to you. As she told you whilst I was there, I am in need of work. While I can't do the majority of what you lot do, such as burgling, pickpocketing and just general thievery. I can, however, create alchemical products for you lot along with fight pretty damn well, if need be. I've never written a letter before, personally. Forgive any wording."
    -Lyraesel Aezorwyn

36. Mollymock

Approved!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  37. Daekon

Daekon gay

IG Name (self explanatory): Haszill/Nargi
    Character Application (doesn't need to be approved, just finished!): here
    Discord? (Yes or no is fine!): You have it, father
    IC letter to Obscuro (detail your skills, your experience and why you want to join The Requisition):
    Hi. I want to steal things. Thanks.
    -Nargi
    Tag @BiBiBirdie for quicker replies!

38. Mollymock

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  39. BrammekeH

BrammekeH Local Bread Provider

IGN: BrammekeH
    Character Application: [x]
    Discord: Already have it.
    Letter:
    "It's been a while. I hope you remember me. If so, you know me, you know what I bring to the table, and how we can benefit from each other. Let me in."
    - Aluread Slegers.

@BiBiBirdie for quicker replies.

40. BiBiBirdie

Accepted!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1