The Regalian Society For Abolition

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by bwmwags3, Nov 27, 2021.

1. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Mission Statement
    To act in accordance with the teachings of God Emperor Vess and achieve the eternal replacement of slavery with labour systems befitting the Great Way. Whether through implicit or explicit coercion, all systems of slavery deny the divine gift of free will bestowed upon all sentient life, and are often founded on principles of racial or cultural denegration divergent from God Empress Ness' teachings. It is therefore the duty of all to examine these systems and work to see their end through legal methods.

Goals of the Organization

1. To fully examine the causes and means of the Empire’s slave systems; to thereby, understand how they might be best be removed and replaced.

2. To spread abolitionist argument and ideals peacefully through dialogue and expression, so as to lay the groundwork for a more harmonious Empire.

3. To conceive and implement systems to replace slavery on a economic and societal level whilst integrating freed slaves into the empire through choosen fields be they: martial, commercial, religious, or labor.

4. To lobby the lower house for the opportunity to suggest our goals and plans to his Imperial Holiness in the Upper House. For this goal, we shall seek to align factions, individuals, and neutral peers to our cause and combine our collective minds toward our endeavors.

5. To take opposition and setback, in stride, and see failure as an opportunity to improve methodology and strengthen convictions for the next push forward.

Structure

Head(s) of Society: Lord-Celate Atum Morathes

Duties: To lead and guide the organization and help facilitate its projects and recruit new members.

Arbiters:

Duties: To create events, marshal wide scale (prog) plans across the Empire, and to work in leading other organization activities.

Chain-breakers:

Duties: To makeup organization's manpower and in the Lower House its voting power. Any chain breaker can propose an idea to the arbiters; the distinction between their roles and upper ranks is merely in the scale of intended duties.

Guidelines for Membership and notes for applicants

Criteria to Join
    • All members must free any slave within their posession or whom they’ve the power to free.
    • Membership is open to all regardless of race, culture, or religion (except those religions deemed illegal).
    OOC: Both the Cults of Evolution and Order are legal faiths in the Empire, but if your character can be proven to have been or currently be a unrepentant terrorist you’ll be given much higher scrutiny.
    • Abberants are allowed to join but must comply with the following condition:
    1. You must never seek or promote occult fixes to slavery (which currently includes suggesting magitek and draconic powers).

2. They must prove they are genuine in their intent to pursue the organization’s mission and will abide by its rules (I.e. prepare a basic idea of why you should be accepted.)
    OOC: Abberant players should be aware that acceptance may not be 100% guaranteed for everyone, but there will always be a chance for your character to plead your case for admission.

Required actions once accepted
    • Members must swear an oath upon their faith to pursue the Organization’s goals (agnostic members may make either a Vessian or secular oath).
    • Members must swear to pursue the organization’s objectives within the bounds of Regalian law.
    Application format
    (Msg me on forums @bwmwags3, discord, or reply here using this template:)

Player name:
    Character name:
    Character application:
    Letter to the Lord Celate Morathes:
    (Include any abberancy in the letter [to what ever degree your chr would admit ;)])

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  2. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

Player name: Goldifish
    Character name: Dame Leotta von Drachmar
    Character application: I'll have to link it later but she has one promise
    Letter to the Lord Celate Morathes:
    Dear Lord Velate Morathes,
    I am Dame Leotta of the Bloodcast order. I find my ideals aligned with yours; the wickedness of slavery must be ended. There's no excuse for someones will to be subjugated all for being born a different race. Perhaps because I am a victim of the trade, my voice on this matter is biased, but I will actively work against evil. I swear by this.
    Pen me should you find my notions likewise to yours,
    Same Leotta

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

We shall welcome you to the fold Dame von Drachmar