The Regalian Scholar Ministry

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Eronoc, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Ministry of Scholars, established 11th of February 306 AC, is the Regalian Empire's official directorate of scholarly and academic pursuits. Primarily it is tasked with determining what to focus Regalian research towards, as well as the actual carrying-out of research itself. To facilitate these goals, the Minister aims to maintain a small council of academics, split into various scholarly subjects, to be headed by men and women skilled in intellectual pursuits. This council will advise the Minister on relevant decisions, aid in the organization of any semi-official events the Ministry sponsors, and conduct multiple subjects of its own research in an organized fashion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Minister of Scholars Augustin Reinard - @Eronoc
    The Minister of Scholars makes all final decisions concerning research, communicates with the Imperial Authorities, controls the appointment and placement of scholars (officially clerks), and determines the structure of the Ministry.

Council of Scholars
    The Council of Scholars is comprised of four Departments. Departments may have a Head when necessary, chosen from the most active of the Scholars, appointed to primarily represent that subject to the Minister. They have the power to - within their Department - delegate tasks, recommend rewards and punishments, and, with the approval of the Minister, handle removal and appointment of scholars. Their primary function and aim is to organize the Department and keep it active.

Department of History ⯈ Imrae Eberlin - @SpunSugar
    Henric of Heeresveen - @HydraLana
    Claudine Valeur - @Numbless
    ⯈ Open

The Department of History should be composed of, as is to be expected, Historians. They will be expected to handle archaeology, anthropological research, and general historical expertise.

Department of Science
    Dianne Black - @darkarely
    Micah Senft - @MugKing
    Maelle d'Soliel - @_Owlet
    Jocelyn von Duerr - @Dekuras
    Sage Havenwood - @Lyee
    ⯈ Open, non-medical and non-alchemical only.

The Department of Science should be composed of Alchemists, Medics, Horticulturists, Husbandrists, and Astronomers. Their expectations will vary depending on their particular skills, but broadly speaking they will handle the procurement of biological specimens and alchemical ingredients, experimentation within their particular field, and research in the field.

Department of the Arcane
    Khalid Nazari - @TheBioverse
    Beni Yahdga - @EndersGameboy
    Peren Lathalas - @Doc_Cantankerous
    ⯈ Open

The Department of the Arcane should be composed of Mages and scholars of Arcane and Planar Studies. They will be expected to provide input on magical process and phenomena, experiment safely with their "skills" when instructed, conduct magical research in a scholarly setting, and attend relevant field expeditions.

Department of Philosophy

Audrey d'Ortonnaise - @Miss_Ortonnaise
    Klaus Kehlen - @Nitesho
    Bohdan Marianovich - @Cajetan_
    ⯈ Hamelin d'Vaud - @Suicidium
    Open

An outlier and an experiment in itself, the Department of Philosophy exists to provide moral guidance and practical advice to the Ministry, as well as give its members an opportunity to meet and discuss ideas in a more formal and consistent setting. As a result, it should be composed of those with the capacity to discuss philosophical topics: Reverends, Politicians, Economists, and Theorists of all kinds are invited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In-Game Username:
    Character name with Approved Application:
    Character Age:
    Character Race:
    Character Education and Level:
    An In-Character Letter of Application:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #1 Eronoc, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

Reserved

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #2 Eronoc, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. TheBioverse

TheBioverse ❖ Prince of Thieves ❖

In-Game Username: TheBioverse
    Character name: Khalid Nazari
    Character Age: Looks to be in his 30s
    Character Race: Claims to be Half-Qadir with Ailor blood
    • Discipline of Planar Knowledge - Expert
    • School of Construct Magic - Archmage
    • History with the Institution of Progress
    Letter of Application:

Directed to the Minister of Scholars,

I write briefly to you with the intention of supporting this Ministry with my expertise on planar knowledge and extensive mechanical insight. My history with the State as a Scholar is currently limited to my work with the Institution of Progress, though I also classify as a 'Techmage' - a term that awards me status as a 'White Mage' by the State's standards. With this skillset, I support the Azure Order's struggle against the unregistered aberrant forces of this City's underbelly.

Those are my qualifications. I find it difficult to put personality or ambition to paper - I leave that to your assessment.

Spirit's Fortunes,
    Khalid Nazari
    Local Artificer

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. GenericNerd

GenericNerd Regalian Pioneer

In-Game Username: MugKing
    Character name: Micah Senft
    Character Age: 130(Though would avoid saying unless explicitly asked)
    Character Race: Altalar(Though will allow people to think he's a malnourished Ailor unless explicitly asked)
    Character Education and Level: Science, School of Medicine, Expert.
    Minister of Scholars,
    I write to you with high hopes, though will not be devastated if someone more qualified comes along. I have for many years served the Empire as a surgeon. In hospitals, clinics, and even the war field. I have a lot of knowledge from my years of experience both hands on, and in the books. It would be an honor to further serve our Empire, and to work under you. I pray to the spirit you will consider my application.

Spirit Bless,
    Doctor Micah Senft.
    [[Will format better once on laptop]]​

5. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

In-Game Username:
    _Owlet

Character name:
    Rosalia Heinrich

Character Age:

Character Race:

Ailor - Alt Regalian

Scholar in Medicine.

"
    To The Minister of Scholars,

I am writing to you to express my intent of aiding your ministry, I believe I am well equip with enough medical knowledge, having been studying at the School of Medicine for a very long time, being a scholar in the field. I sincerely hope you would consider my presence amongst the Department of Science.

Spirit Blessings,

rosaliasignature.png "

6. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

In-Game Username: SpunSugar​

Character name: Imrae Eberlin
    Character Age: 124
    Character Race: Isldar (imperialized)
    Character Education and Level: History, pre-cataclysm, Expert

To the Minister of Scholars,

I write to you today in request of a place in your ministry. I have graduate of the School of History, and have many years experience with archeological fieldwork and cartography. I studied the Pre-Cataclysm track, and remained active in the colonies and the north belt in particular. My fieldwork has included multiple long-term excursions for the purpose of initial mapmaking and charting both shorelines and interior characteristics. I fervently wish to serve the Empire, and your ministry; vowing to be a diligent, hard-working servant of both. Thank you for your time,

Imrae Eberlin

8. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@SpunSugar approved and added to relevant groups.

9. Dekuras

Dekuras Technologic Witch Doctor Staff Member Lore2

In-Game Username: Dekuras
    Character name: Jocelyn von Duerr
    Character Age: 33
    Character Race: Ailor
    Character Education and Level: Expert School of Medicine
    To the Scholar Minister
    I write as I'm sure my expertise as a doctor is known, less so my willingness to put my duty to the empire before my own body as presented during the Zarlo outbreak and the discovery of Url blood's violent reactions to sickness. I write to assist in the gaining of more knowledge for our great empire and such a spot in the Ministry.
    Signed Count Jocelyn von Duerr, Overseer of the Crown City Sawbones.

10. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Dekuras is approved and added to chats.

11. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

In-Game Username: AlphaInsomnia/BetaInsomnia
    Character Name: Kaya Sorenvik
    Character Age: 24
    Character Education and Level: There isn't a school for math, physics, or philosophy. RPly, she's more physics than philosophy, but philosophy is definitely a strong interest.

To the Scholar Minister,

Although not a student of philosophy specifically, I've spent many hours studying and debating topics ranging from ethical to theoretical. It is also a strong belief of mine that my knowledge in mathematics and physics will be undoubtedly useful in any endeavors you seek. If any doubt should ever cross your mind, I ask we meet and speak personally. I will change your mind.

With high regards,
    ~Kaya Akersdottir Sorenvik

#11 AlphaInsomnia, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  12. EndersGameboy

EndersGameboy The Last of the Bloodline

In-Game Username: EndersGameboy
    Character name: Beni'sol'sticio Futa'lloa (https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/beni’sol’stició-futa’lloa.63597/)
    Character Age: 108
    Character Race: Avanthar - Cielothar Mix
    Character Education and Level: Disciplines of Arcane and Planar Knowledge (Expert in both)
    To ser Reinard,
    It has come to me that the Regalian Scholar Ministry is open to scholars of the Arcane and Planar. I have studied the topics for many years now, and have always enjoyed the experimentation, examination, and analysis of planar phenomenon. I have operated with Foci crystals before, and hence know the dangers that studying things from "beyond" can be. If I were to be accepted into this Ministry, I would be delighted to further Aloria's knowledge of what lies beyond with your help and the help of the many scholar's that reside here in Regalia.

Sincerely,
    Beni'sol'sticio Futa'lloa

Spirit Guide

13. swimmer762

swimmer762

In-Game Username
    : swimmer762

Character name: Fayre McClain

Character Age: 26

Character Race: North Ailor(Velheim)

Character Education and Level: Alchemy, School of Alchemy, Expert

In regards to the Minister of Scholars,

I write to express my interest of joining your ministry, and I believe I could be of aid as your first alchemist. I say this because it has been brought to my attention that your ministry hasn’t obtained an alchemist, and I have studied alchemy both through books and experimenting with brews. I hope you will consider my application and accept me into the ministry, however, I will not despair too much if you choose another.

Fayre McClain

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@AlphaInsomnia accepted. @swimmer762 and @EndersGameboy, because you currently have character applications in review and your school abilities are important, I am waiting until they are accepted.

15. SnugglyKittens

SnugglyKittens Head pat weeb

"Aug. Do I have to be smart to join? Can I be book smart and still take interest?" -Czys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

"Scholars should be, to be blunt, useful to the Ministry. While lots of people can also mean lots of knowledge and ideas, it can lead to an unwieldy and hard-to-manage Ministry. Book smarts in certain areas, like religion and mathematics, are appreciated for the input they can provide, but sometimes intelligence alone won't be useful."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@EndersGameboy approved. Send me your Skype and Discord in PM and I'll get you added to the proper chats.

18. Doc_Cantankerous

Doc_Cantankerous Second Foundationer

In-Game Username: Doc_Cantankerous
    Character name: Peren Lathalas
    Character Age: 137 Years
    Character Race: Medlo-Altalar
    Character Education and Level: Void/Exist Knowledge, Aberration knowledge, Evocararum research, and a entry level in Planar Research and Astronomy

To whom it may concern,
    I am writing today to inquire about the potentiality of joining your Ministry's Arcane research committee. My name is Peren Lathalas, and I am a scholar of the magical properties of the world; and have spent many days in foreign courts conducting my research. Although I am not a mage, I have spent more years than most inquiring into the properties of both Exist and Void to better understand and harness their powers for the greater good. If you'll have me, I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
    Peregrin Lathalas.

Re-posting because character was altered to fit recent updates.

19. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

• Like Like x 1
  20. AlphaInsomnia

In-Game Username: AlphaInsomnia
    Character name with Approved Application: Kaya Sorenvik
    Character Education and Level: There isn't a school for math, physics, or philosophy. RPly, she's more physics than philosophy, but philosophy is definitely a strong interest. She got some architecture skills, though.

To the Scholar Minister,

I hope reasonable consideration can be given in regards to the recent circumstance. If you would allow me back, I would be happy to resume my tasks.

With regards,
    ~Kaya Akersdottir Sorenvik
    @Eronoc

21. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

@Eronoc
    In-Game Username: Anseran
    Character name: Ayas Telfere
    Character Age: 60
    Character Race: Cielothar.

Imperial Elvish Fluency
    +10 Void/Exist Knowledge
    +10 Nelfin History Knowledge

(Through fear of discrimination, he may reluct to reveal his School of Vilestate history until later.)

Directed to the Minister of Scholars,

My name is Ayas Telfere, and I have traveled the world for a long time. Upon my travels, I have lived as nobility, as slum trash, and as a cohort for a variety of professions and government interests. Word reached my ear not too long ago of an Emperor who sought to study Ancient Elvish through Imperial Elvish... Though he is now succeeded. I wish to offer my knowledge on the Void, the Exist, my fluency in a rare language, and Nelfin History, so that we may combine forces and learn more of the Unknown. For this I request to join the Arcane Department.

I understand if you do not wish to accept my plea to join your Organisation, fret not, but I feel we both may seek the same thing in the end.

'A Small Sentence Sits Spelt in IE'
    'Translation: Grass Grows, but the Knowledge is in How; the Root, of all Existence'
    Kind Regards, and yours,
    Ayas Telfere

22. Murghom

Murghom feeling some way. don't know which

In-Game Username: Brandles
    Character name with Approved Application: Tobias Tedrick von Teufel-Everhardt
    Character Age: 30
    Character Race: Alt-Regalian Ailor
    Character Education and Level: Near-Scholar level in matters related to Void/Exist Knowledge (+8) & Planar Knowledge(+7).

To the Ministry of Scholars,

Greetings! Hallo! I hope this reaches you in good health. I write to inquire about a position within the fair Ministry, aiming to join a department which most fits my skills, and will also aid in the trajectory of my goals, serving as a means to my own ambitions. I am learned in matters of Planar, Void, and Exist knowledge, having studied them through my youth as nothing more than a hobby, out of pure fascination; that of which I still retain. I hope to join this Ministry in hopes that it will contribute to the furtherance of my knowledge, that I might be a beacon of innovation and ingenuity, and prove what skills I know to possess. I do pray that you will consider my and my skills.

Tobias Tedrick von Teufel-Everhardt

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  23. essentialess

essentialess purveyor of milfs

In-Game Username: essentialess

Character name with Approved Application:

Djanira Acosta {x}

Character Age: 22.
    Character Race: Ailor.

• School of Celestial Magic - Caster.
    • Scholar, School of History (Pre-Cataclysm, Post-Cataclysm, Discipline of Nelfin.)
    • Learned, Void/Exist knowledge.
    • Fluent in Daendroque.
    In-Character Letter of Application:
    To the Ministry,

I write to request a role in your Ministry, potentially as a part of the History or Arcane Department. I am a recent graduate of the School of History (specifically Pre-Cataclysm), have spent most of my life under the discipline of Celestial magic, and I currently study the Void and Exist independently. My progress as a scholar has proven fruitful thus far, and I feel as though this is the proper turning point.

I find it a bit difficult to express myself on paper, however, I would love to dedicate my proficiencies to your ministry, and in turn, the Empire.

Do consider my qualification.

Eager,
    Djanira Pérez-Carrión Acosta

#23 essentialess, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  24. Numbless

Numbless confused child Supremium

In-Game Username: Numbless
    Character name with Approved Application: Claudine Valeur
    Character Age: 20
    Character Education and Level: School of History, Scholar of Pre-Cataclysm, Post-Cataclysm, and Nelfin History

To the Minister of Scholars,
    I write today in hopes of joining the ranks of your ministry as a member of the Department of History. I have a graduate's education in the School of History with specific experience in sociocultural anthropological research. I believe that my recent graduation will be beneficial as new blood in any organization leads to more ambitious pursuits in the name of progression. I'm more than willing to carry more than my own weight in the department in regards to the work load, and I believe I am a strong candidate for this position.

I hope that my willingness and fervor to add to the success of the department makes me a viable member of the ministry.
    Spirit Bless,
    Claudine Valeur

25. slurmancer

slurmancer catgirl enthusiast

In-Game Username: Duterte
    Character name with Approved Application: Bohdan Novyylezhayskshniydom Kostolansky Marianovich
    Character Age: 32
    Sancella Seminary +10 (School of Sancella)
    Rousing Speech +10 (School of Sancella)

Speaks Etosian, Mirnoye, Common

Spirit's Graces, Minister of Scholars:

Submitted within my envelope is signed proof of my credentials as Reverend of region Brzegz. I apply to your Department of Philosophy under belief that all knowledge must be seen through a pious, moral lens. I hope I shall be of further service to our Faith through your ministry.

Regards,
    Father Bohdan

26. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

27. RingusGoLingus

RingusGoLingus Refugee

In-Game Username: RingusGoLingus

Character name with Approved Application: Sigismund Everhardt

Character Age: 25

Character Education and Level: -School of History-

+10 Pre-Cataclysm History
    +20 Post-Cataclysm History
    +10 Nelfin History

To the Offices of the Reglian Scholar Ministry,

I, Sigismund Everhardt, send this letter with the purpose of submitting an application to be emitted into the Department of History. My intent is to help, in any manner I can, the Empire and its People through the collection and examination of histories past and present in order to benefit our future. Accompanying this application is proof of my education merit of graduation within the field.

Spirit Bless,
    Sigismund Everhardt.​

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  28. FireViper27

FireViper27 The man without a plan

In-Game Username: SenseMakeNo

Character name with Approved Application: Raedrock BurnSoot

Character Age: 93

Character Race: Aldor Dwarf

Character Education and Level: Alchemy Grandmaster

To Minister Reinard,

I have dedicated my life to the study of Alchemy, and wish to put my knowledge to work in your council. I don’t mean to show off, but I have been an Alchemist for 83 years now which I believe can be of help to you. Regards,

Raedrock BurnSoot

29. Crineas

Crineas Carnation of Fristadvlom

In-Game Username: Suicidium
    Character name with Approved Application: Hamelin d'Vaud
    Character Age: 35
    Character Education and Level: School of General Command;Expert

To Minister Augustin Reinard,
    I write for entry to the Department of Philosophy.

General Hamelin d'Vaud

#29 Crineas, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  30. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

31. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

In-Game Username: Lyee
    Character name with Approved Application: Sage Havenwood
    Character Age: 346
    Character Race: Yanar
    Character Education and Level: Alchemy 40, Medical 15, History 5

Dear Ministry of Scholars,
    It has come to my attention that you are accepting new members. I am Sage Havenwood, also known as Ynwyn Willowheart, and I am scholar of many kinds. I would love to help contribute my centuries of research and knowledge. I am interested in both the departments of History and Science.
    Best wishes,
    Sage Havenwood

@Eronoc

32. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

@Suicidium's, @Lady_Ortonnaise's, and @Lyee's characters are accepted. Acceptance is becoming more exclusive as spots fill, to prevent Ministry bloat.

33. AntonVoron

AntonVoron [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Money Man [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

In-Game Username: AntonVoron
    Character name with Approved Application: Radoslav Novyyzamokshniydom Bolshekov Radekovic
    Character Age: 40

• +20 Greatsword (+10 From Feer-Drakken School, +10 From Points)
    • +10 Longsword (+10 From Feer-Drakken School)
    • +20 Battle Command (+20 From Feer-Drakken School)
    • +10 'Historical Replicaions' F̶o̶r̶g̶e̶r̶y̶ (+10 From Points)
    • +5 Commanding Speech (+5 Racial Proficiency)
    - Speaks Mirnoye, Common

A Thousand Blessings Upon you Minister of Scholars,

I make application to The Department of Philosophy in hope of sharing my collection of outlooks and skills, I believe to be best placed within your menagerie of art and science. As a slaver, attuned to the finer more poetic elements of my craft, I believe I have much to share on the relation between Ailor and His Lessers. Additionally, my experience in combat and warfare is quintessential of a Vladno Field Commander: a rare outlook for any in the Capital, given our scarce numbers. Yet, last, I must mention my skill at Historical Replication, for display purposes. (We can hardly have the real things getting pinched away, after all).

Kind Regards,
    Baron Bolshekov.

@Eronoc

34. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

@Eronoc You're going to have to empty my spot as Sage is no longer an approved character (Trustee update). (I'd love to fill his spot with his son Fern, though).

• Like Like x 1
    #34 Lyee, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  35. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

In-Game Username: Lyee
    Character name with Approved Application: Fern Willowheart
    Character Age: 107
    Character Race: Yanar
    +40 Alchemy & Horticulture
    +5 Nelfin&Post-Cata History
    +10 Pre-Cata History
    +20 Literature

My Friends and Comrades in Science,

Word has spread to me that you are accepting new members, and I would love to join. I am a pursuer of knowledge and understanding of the world, and would love to help. I am very well versed in the sciences of plant life and Alchemy, as well as knowledge in history.

Sincerest,
    Fern Willowheart
    @Eronoc
    OOC Note: I would like to replace Sage's spot with Fern, as Sage is no longer playable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  36. AlphaInsomnia

In-Game Username: AlphaInsomnia
    Character name with Approved Application: Boop
    Character Race: Velheim Ailor
    +15 Architecture (Math/Physics)

Reinard,

It has been a while. I'd still like to rejoin.

~Kaya Sorenvik

@Eronoc

37. Angelus_Sai

Angelus_Sai Sass Incarnate

In-Game Username: Angelus_Sai
    Character name with Approved Application: Ravenna dei Termini
    Character Age: 21
    Character Race: Dressolini
    School of Statesmen graduate
    • Judicial: 12
    • Commerce:10
    • Diplomacy: 15
    • Commanding Speech 4
    Languages:
    • Dressalo (Native)
    • Common (Common)
    • D’Ithanie (Learned)
    • Alt-Regalian (Learned)
    To the reputable Ministry of Scholars,

It has come to my attention that there are spots available among your prestigious ranks in the school of philosophy, and I for one write to you in hopes of filling one of those positions. I have always maintained a strong interest in research and development for the greater good of the empire, and believe my skillset and input can be of service. As a graduate of the school of statesmen, I strongly believe in advancing the state of the empire in as ethical, lawful, and diplomatic manner as possible and would be honored to work alongside the esteemed colleagues in order to accomplish this.

May the Spirit bless and guide your path,

[​IMG]

@Eronoc