[ - ] The Perversion Of Unionism - Blindness Through Strength [ - ]

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Kibaa, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

[​IMG]
    divider 1.PNG

The following document finds itself nailed to the Regalian Cathedral. Soon, many smaller, much less formal copies would find themselves scattered across the city.

"I am Reverend Grigori Kappadoikos-- Sancella, not Etosian!~ -- Today, I am going to retire myself as Reverend of the Sancella. No longer am I able to condone and advocate with the perversions forcefully twisted upon the original doctrines of our savior, the Holy Spirit. I hereby relinquish my soul to our eternal Messiah, the Holy Spirit, and devote the rest of my writings to the eternal glory of the spirit. May its prowess and eternal justice one day be carried out once again by its true followers-- not those who would seek to abuse and corrupt its power-- a trait evident in today's clergymen."

Since the inevitable fall of the Usurper Freya Lo, there have been many gentle amendments periodically warping and perpetually affecting the way of Unionism. What was once a religion and lifestyle meant to carry out the salvation and prideful awakening of Humanum, has now been constricted into a mere political movement- a cry for individual power and glory. Instead of celebrating the past and future hallmarks of Humanum, Unionism has now become a method of hyper glorification, a method of excuse for heinous acts and deliberate hubris. Souls of lesser races are beat by Confessors, who with the "strength in their unity"; so blindly accuse the lesser races of heresy despite their innocence; so dastardly deny the words of the Holy Theomar in giving the right of paradise to non-humanum, instead rejecting all of their rights as helpers and subjects of the Ailor race.

It would seem that every day, the clergy finds another way to loop around our fixed creeds. When beforehand, the clergy would aid the lesser races in their quest to be reborn as Human, now-a-days we beat and slay them simply for any reason we would like, using the excuse that they are heretical, despite the fact that they are protected by both the Seventh and Third Creed:
    It is not hatred we should harbor for those who have lost the way. For the steps to the Imperial Throne lie in front of us, and yet we may look away. But the only way to the land above, so pristine and pure, is up those steps. There is no way around, there is no way from it, and no matter how far we thread, those steps will always be ever closer." Despite the words of the Holy Theomar, hatred and violence are the abominous tools that we currently find ourselves using to deal with the likes of heretics and nonbelievers despite their rights and clastic privileges as demanded by the creeds.

Nobles spit and crack on faithful beggars, despite their duty to distribute alms as required by the Fifth Creed. "All must contribute to the Great Way, from the highest noble to the lowest street beggar. All must also contribute to each other’s Great Way however, the noble must give alms to the poor and the poor must take up the sword and spear and bow when the noble is in need of men and women for their banner." Even after all of our past Emperors have advocated for equality and united righteousness for all men and women under the banner of Unionism, we currently find ourselves in a political schism which has overwhelmingly taken over our task of religion. Nobles may sodomize, gamble, racketeer, and commit all kinds of horrendous sins and still sit under the warm, protective shade of our churches, while even the most faithful of beggars sleep and eat in the mud, among many other inconveniences. I recognize that the clergy, myself included, have taken various measures dedicated to the upbringing of all unionists, regardless of social class/status, but most of these efforts have recently taken a turn of direction towards self righteousness and powermongering rather than taking a united front against poverty.

I could continue writing upon this parchment for hours, perhaps even days, scribbling the many sins and wrongdoings that we commit every day which lead to the perversion of Unionism, but I feel I have made my point by now, and should rather include the current and potential consequences of our sins as Unionists.

I will begin with the current heretical pollution of the Imperial throne. It should be of no secret to anyone that our current and supposed emperor, Cedromar I, is a grave sinner and has desecrated the dogma of Unionism by way of admitted sodomy. It is my firm belief, as well as that of many other Unionists and Clergymen, that the Imperial Spirit still resides within the embodiment of Alexander Kade, and that his abdication as the Holy Messiah, as well as the elevation of the Heretic Cedric Kade, was an indirect result of the aforementioned political schism which has currently rooted itself under the shadow of Unionism. In accordance with the words of Theomar, the Imperial Spirit selects its own host, and Cedric Kade is by no means capable of living and ruling in tandem with the Spirit, which has led us faithful Unionists to believe that the Imperial Spirit has not moved from its previous host. On top of the many condemnations and reprimandations previously levied onto Cedric Kade, I, Grigori Kappadoikos, as a loyal and faithful Reverend of the Sancella, hereby ex-communicate Cedromar I Kade from the Imperial Spirit. Let this document be known and recorded as his official Writ of Sin in accordance to two grand offenses: the illegitimate ascension to the Holy Throne as well as falsely harnessing the glory of the Imperial Spirit, and secondly, sodomy. I also send warning to the Holy Consort Percival Leufroy Kade. Let the Cathedral know that your sins as a sodomist, although already adressed at a previous date, will never go unmonitored.

Next, I hereby condemn our "Holy" Father Aethelred von Ultor. Before I write ill of his holiness, I would like to express my gratitude to him. I studied under his wing for some time, and followed his practice with much eagerness. It was his eternal wisdom and guidance that led me from Curate to Reverendcy, therefore, let the Cathedral never forget the good deeds he has executed in the name of Unionism. With that being said, his current corruption is of a magnitutde too great to be left unattended. He and the many clergymen who follow his word (Mainly the Confessors.) have wreaked havoc upon the lowly ranks of Regalia, perverting Unionism into a weapon and political lever rather than carry it out as the irreproachable dogma that it should be. As the heads of our caste, He and the Holy Reverend Ravenstad have bent it into a hammer capable only of forging injustice. With Aethelred as our beacon, Humanum will never be the righteous salvation of Aloria that Theomar intended it to be. I, Grigori Kappadoikos, as a loyal and faithful Reverend of the Sancella, hereby ex-communicate Aethelred Thrydwulf von Ultor from the Imperial Spirit. Let this document be known and recorded as his official Writ of Sin in accordance to the major offense of corruption, as well as breaking and perverting the will of the Imperial Spirit, breaking and/or looping around the eternally holy Creeds, and advocating for the uncontested violence against his very own ranks: Humanum.

With these notions now in effect, I, Grigori Kappadoikos, hereby resign my duty, dedication, and title of Reverend of the Sancella. Although in all practicality my beliefs as a Unionist are protected from punishment by the Clastic Law, I am still guilty of countless Imperial and Political offenses simply by writing this document. I plead guilty to all offenses. I write this message with the purpose of making a milestone in the history of Unionism. Know that I am not the only clergyman that shares these beliefs. While I and others do recognize the great deeds that our Clergy has ran in the name of Unionism and Regalia; such as bringing to justice the Heretical Martinez Family, or waging holy war in the name of our Spirit, know that the other, much more abundant, corrupt deeds of the clergy will not and never will go unnoticed. Know that I am not the only clergyman, or faithful unionist for that matter, that believes that Unionism has become a source of stuffing for the pockets of Hierarchy rather than a beacon of unity and holiness for all of Humanum.

In exposing this malpractice and corruption in the name of the Imperial Spirit, I transcend into paradise. By the power of the Eighth and Tenth Creeds--

“And by the virtue of strength, or wit, or cunning or the simple virtues of man woman and child, so too can the simplest of souls be elevated to the highest steps to the throne of the Imperial Spirit. The Emperor alone is but one, surrounding him is a vast collection of spirits, not Imperial in a sense, but purely Unionist in many ways. We speak of the Herons, the Heroes and Saints of our times and times past."

“To believe is not to think. To think is to not believe. We will transcend, as those who have come before transcended. Providence only comes forth by the will of the few, like Paradise can only come by the will of the many.”

-- I hereby ascend into the equitable realm of saints. I declare myself a Saint. I am now Saint Grigori Kappadoikos, Heron of the
    Fourth Unionist Schism: The Cedromar Heresy
    As mentioned above, I plea guilty to all offenses. I will arrive at the Imperial Execution Block tomorrow, Sunday. I leave the following as my final words.
    "Theomar the Holy, as well as all previous embodiments and hosts of the Imperial Spirit, smile upon me with great pride. Can you say the same?"
    Signed,
    Saint Grigori Kappadoikos
    Former Reverend of the Sancella
    dat boi.png
    • I am completely aware that my character lacks alot of the power necessarry to carry out the notions in this essay. As I am creating a new family and character, I decided to shelve Grigori, but though it better to have him go out with a bang since I probably will never use him again.
    • I am completely aware that the whole controversy between Cedric and Percy's sexual preferences shouldn't be discussed anymore Icly because it was just detrimental and spread negative connotations about the roleplayers of those characters. However, Grigori firmly believes that this issue still has not been adressed properly and is living, tangible heresy. With that said, I sincerely apologize to Marty and Muffins if the mentioning of this conflict angered or disgruntled them in any way, as it is not my intention to spread OOC trouble but rather just to have my character go out with a bang.
    • Please let me know what your characters think, feel free to leave some IC respones. The purpose of this post is to create some IC drama, so please, have fun!
    @Doc_Cantankerous @MonMarty @AntonVoron @Muffins_

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1 Kibaa, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

Ford applaused at the parchment for a bit before strolling off. It was like his usual sarcastic one, but if one listened closely something was different. Maybe he's actually applausing for the man who wrote it, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AntonVoron

AntonVoron [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Money Man [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Pinned to the noticeboards and Cathedral doors, would follow a parchment, sealed with the wax stamp of the High Reverency of Regalia.

[​IMG]

It is common knowledge to many, that the disgraced Reverend Kappadoikos was removed from the most holy Sancella of Union, not three months prior to this heretical message. The Reverend was found to have visisted The Island of Debauchery, spotted by three Silent Sisters, on his way back, crossing the decadent bridge. Furthermore, the Reverend had spoken openly, insulting the Emperor (then Crown Prince) and disgracing his position. The Holy Father removed this profligate as soon as possible.

The Heretic will be hunted down! Stripped of his silks! His finery! And presented to the public! From there, he shall be beaten, until he loses all awareness of who he is? What he stands for? Or from which heretical hole he crawled out of, at birth. This man shall be spared no amount of pain! Shall be shown, no amount of mercy! Or granted any pitty! For the actions he has taken. By the rising of the next month, we shall have this man caught, and brought forwards for swift justice.

Spirit Have Mercy,
    Médard Ravenstad,
    High Reverend of Regalia,
    & Divine Regent of the White Order.
    [​IMG]
    @Doc_Cantankerous @kibba​

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Canaanite

Canaanite Valentinian Shill

Curate Johannes Wernher Ackermann acquires a copy of the document for himself, wrinkling his nose as he glanced over the blasphemies spouted by the Etosian Reverend. Soon after, the parchment was made tinder for his hearth whilst he raked his meaty fingers through the wiry hair of his beard in contemplation, "Was this not the same belligerent fool who slandered the name of the Holy Emperor at the Synod meeting? Really makes you think. These stunted, swarthy and foul-smelling Etosians need to be culled by the thousand."

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Educated Educated x 1