The Order Of Survival

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by TalkChat, Jun 12, 2018.

1. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

The Order of Survival Fixes
    By @WrongChat
    LINK

For a while, I didn't pay much mind into the Unionist Aspect's, due to personally never diving into the Religious and otherwise holy realm of roleplay within Regalia. I knew of Unionism and the basic premise, but none of the recently added perks for those who were devout to the religion. Upon researching a bit more, and delving into this lore I found The Order of Survival lacking... specifically with the Mu-Allar shift, as in roleplay I believe we had one plague progression within my three years of being on this server, and even then we never really operate within 'tropical climates' as it suggests the shift would be suitable for.

SOLUTION:

In my personal opinion, I would switch the non-suitable Mu-Allar out for the hardened Zu-Allar, able to absorb some damage with its hard scales. This is very practical within Roleplay due to the many, many fights and brawls everyone seems to get into and would make this particular order become a lot more popular amongst Regalia I believe. Even if the scales are slightly weaker to account for balancing against those trying to fight the proposed Unionist character would be more practical then the current standing Mu-Allar.

---------------------------

That's all I've got to say, please let me know what you'd think.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Suzzie

Suzzie elf appreciator

See I'm all for agreeing, but this would conflict with the Order of Strength. I feel like Zu-Allar would fit better under the Order of Strength, and that the Varran should be under the Order of Survival.

Or, at the very least allow for enhanced smell (excluding the blood tracking like a real Mu-Allar) when shifting into a Mu-Allar.

3. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

4. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

I have no objection to this. It makes sense to me. All of the Allar have their natural resistance to poison and whatnot, but a Zu-Allar is something that isn't combat oriented (Order of Strength covers this) but rather focused on survival, due to their natural armor. As Suzzie mentioned above, the Mu-Allar do have enhanced smell towards blood, however that semi-subtracts from the idea of the Order of Survival being something that perseveres, and instead something that is aggressive, as the Order of Strength is more akin to.

The Zu-Allar are not designed to be fighters and more part of the intellect of Allar society (although they do fight in wars, after the Sa-Allar have been conscripted). They are not the fighters of the Allar caste system. It is however, the Mu-Allar that are. While yes I do agree that the hardened scales are something designed for combat, as Suzzie said, the Zu-Allar over all are more so designed to persevere. They are slow, and generally not strong, nor are they ones to want to fight if they were a true Zu-Allar, but rather ones who would wish to find a diplomatic solution or take lessons from history in order to solve the conflict, which is something similar to what the Order of Survival does, where they supposedly will weather out opposition to their beliefs, and quickly be able to adapt to changing circumstances. All The Mu-Allar are, while too being Allar and quick to adapt, are combat oriented. If anything, they would more fit in the Order of Strength, however there are already two races there. In the end, I would wholly agree with this change.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #4 ezalB, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. Scribbe

Scribbe Scribma Male Staff Member Lore1

The races chosen for Order of Survival were chosen for their survivability rather than their defensive traits. This is why Mu-Allar and Maiar were chosen, and not Zu-Allar and Dakkar. For the purposes of an Aspect that professes the necessity of adapting to survive, Zu-Allar are incredibly ill-equipped. As opposed to the relative agility, flexibility, and speed that comes with the form of a Mu-Allar, the Zu-Allar would simply make a Unionist slow and stiff, with no real boosts to strength, and the only benefit being resilience. Even the racial ability that enables the smelling of blood from streets away would be lost. Although resilience is useful, the loss of mobility and lack of boosts to physical power aren't worth the trade-off when taking an entire Aspect that can't be removed.

6. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

I feel as if the Mu-Allar would benefit more toward the Order of Strength then Order of Survival- adaptation happens when your surroundings, and or situation calls for change- considering CRP is a big part of roleplay, and we aren't looking to fight, we're simply looking to survive I still believe that Zu-Allar would make the most logical sense, but I appreciate your comments and it really did make me think more into this whole situation.

Plus, the call for the Mu-Allar dictates survival when it comes to "tropical climates" or "disease" which really isn't prevalent when it comes to Regalian roleplay. That's my two-cents on that.

#6 TalkChat, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

All Allar really have this, so it isn't exactly something that would play into them being chosen at all, which is why I continue to support Zu-Allar. I agree with WrongChat's above points, and while I see what Scribbe means and his points are valid, I feel as if this isn't exactly the point of the Order of Survival. This isn't my place to discuss, however, as I do not play any Unionist Aspect character.

• Powerful Powerful x 1