The Olive Branch

The gentle sound of rushing water and the feel of the chill in the air caused Shae to give a light shiver as she stood there. Despite the cold she could not deny the wonderful view she had from where she stood. As quickly as thoughts of the cold crossed her mind, a blanket was draped over her shoulders. She gave a pleasant sigh and pulled the cloth around her tightly.

"Enjoying the view?" A familiar voice spoke as he settled beside her. She gave a nod.
"If I were here more often i'd likely come here to think. The cold always did do good to help me contemplate." She said, leaning gently against him.

"And what is it you're thinking of now?" He responded and she leaned up once more to face him, her smile less affectionate and more eager now.

"I was considering the current war and what potential advantages are open to us. And I think I might have an idea." The man next to her gave a nod and gestured for her to continue. Shae went to lean against the railing of the balcony, taking a deep breath of cold air.

"We're allies with them right? The Varran empire has long despised Elves. Why have we not considered their aid in this war? Fierce on water, deadly on land, with the proper organization Regalia can provide, they could do a lot of damage."
In response to her words, he stroked his beard in thought before giving a singular nod.

"You make a valid point. I suggest taking this to Foreign Ministries. Im not exactly the best person to tell all this to." She gave a light huff and turned to face him as she leaned against the railing.

"I know I know. But can you blame me for wanting to share with you? Or would you prefer I use my mouth for other things?" She grinned at him and he gave a low chuckle in return.

"The empire will likely need a Varran to go alongside the diplomats, i'm sure you'll have the chance to help soon enough." He approached, going to slip a hand behind her back and pull her to his side.

"I think its time for us to head inside, we've better things to do then freeze to death." She smiled and allowed herself to be pulled in close, giving in and agreeing to go inside. She took his hand as they headed down the long hallway, the two exchanging a kiss as they left the cold behind.