The Oakenshield, Guard To House Ombre

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Posidem, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Posidem

Posidem Archmage of Avgard

[​IMG]

The Oakenshield
    of House Ombre

At the discretion of flyers set out around the city leading to a large ship with sails of silver and blue, one would see the Lady of House Ombre, Olivia, speaking from a podium made of oak. By her side were two female guards dressed in chainmail -- oohs and ahhs could be heard as the silver within the armor caught the sunlight -- and with thick dyed leather underneath, a cape of sparkling silver waved behind them in the sea breeze. One may be distracted by the shining guards but Olivia's voice broke through, clear and high.

"Friends, I thank you for coming to hear me speak of ze mighty Oakenshield, defenders of mon House since it's conception. Since I was just a small girl, mon papa told stories of ze brave Oakenshield who served in ze Chrysant War with him. 'ow zay would follow him where ever he went, their shields always at his back to protect him from all." She said eyes sparkling as she reminisced of her father's voice, of those innocent story times where she didn't have to worry about her safety.

She continued, brought back to reality and away from her dreams, "And now we find ourselves in need of ze mighty Oakenshield. Will any of you commit yourselves to my cause by protecting me and mine blood? Who all will stand Strong as Oak?!"

[​IMG]

Ranks
    The True Shield |
    The commander of the Oakenshield, the True Shield is the family's most trusted, respected, and capable guard. They lead the guard when Olivia is not present and speak with her voice.
    The Grove |
    The general body of the House Guard are part of the Grove. Every member upon graduation as a Root is promoted to a member of The Grove. They are equal, despite skill or seniority.
    The Roots |
    The Roots are the recruits of the guard. Important still, just as the roots are for a mighty oak, but found a plenty.

Specialized Ranks
    The Oak Maidens |
    A select group of women who serve both as Olivia's specialized guards but also as ladies-in-waiting. They are unique in that they are not bound by the True Shield's orders and answer only to Olivia.

[​IMG]

Armor

[​IMG]

The armor of the Oakenshield bears the colors of House Ombre. It is made of chain steel to provide ease of movement. Parts of the chainmail has been laced with silver to display the wealth of the house. Oak Maidens may change their armor slightly to add some personality, but besides that all guard should remain in the standard armor.

[​IMG]

Rules
    House Guards may only be a member of one House Guard at a time.
    House Guards may not have a criminal record.
    House Guards may not simultaneously have employment in the City Guard.
    House Guards may not simultaneously have employment in other Charters.
    House Guards may never act as the aggressor and only defend during attacks.

[​IMG]

Rights

Rights to wear a cuirass/chest-plate of plate armor of any kind. (arms/neck/head may not be armored)

Rights to wear a chainmail skirt/hip-guard, no further armor. (legs/feet may not be armored)

The right to bear weapons in open carry, but not military grade.

The right to defend any member of House Ombre from aggression.

The right to perform citizen arrests on attackers against House Ombre.

The right to transfer citizen arrests to City Guard Authorities.

Full access to the SS Seasalt as well as Oakclyff.

[​IMG]

Application

Recruitment is OPEN

Leave an IC letter in reply to Olivia or the blank. You may convince or prove to them why you are worthy however you like.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Posidem, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Posidem

[​IMG]

Registry of Members
    ❧ The True Shield
    n/a
    ❧ The Grove
    Leon Lentiner [ @Percuriam ]
    Emerthas Jouhari [ @BeashSlap ]
    Nyth [ @Nesstro ]
    ❧ The Roots
    Reinhardt Alshultz [ @Greenie ]
    Jaren Landvik [ @Jovee ]

❧ The Oaken Maiden

n/a

#2 Posidem, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. Posidem

update 10/02/17
    • added a registry of members
    • added first house guard !
    • a general bump post :^)

4. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

Ill post a letter in a few days

• Like Like x 1
  5. Last_Link

*A scratchy ink letter would be found at the Ombre House doorstep*

To the DEaR God Dammit
    tO

To the members of House Ombre:
    I must first apologize for my bad handwriting, ive recently lost the arm that I usually write with, so this is a bit hard for me. My name is Zaheer I'l Lasha, im a mercenary soldier. I ha
    ve sent this letter in regards to your hiring of house guards, it seems that you are liac lacking the men required to defend yourselves. This is where I come in I suppose, ive trained for twenty five years in the school of Mariposa and saw combat at Rothburg and Regalia during the Lo Occupation. Needless to say I can handle this line of work, even without a left hand. You don't need to worry about me not obeying orders, that wont be an issue as I am treated as the average house guard should be. I am yours to command, should you find me worthy.
    F
    rom: Zaheer I'l Lasha

OOC:
    I dont not have skype.
    My schedule is a little crazy, sometimes im on for several days straight sometimes im gone for a few days.
    Zaheer's app: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/zaheer-il-lasha-updated.56123/

6. Posidem

Monsieur Zaheer,

Your experience is compelling and I am sure your service as a mercenary or soldier would be welcomed, I am unsure which but it does not matter as long as you can still wield a sword as well as you claim; and this is where issue arises. If you have recently lost an arm (or hand?) how will I know that you are able to protect my kin and I? Nonetheless, I am still in need of guardsmen and we shall see if you are up to the task. Consider yourself accepted into my guard as a recruit and I hope to speak with you in person soon.
    I hope to hear from you soon,

[​IMG]
    Madame le Ombre
    Protecteur de Avull Island
    Dame de Oakclyff

7. Last_Link

OOC: I wont be on this weekend but ill be active next week Wednesday-Saturday

8. freddy_crouger

freddy_crouger The Celtic King Of Cymru

A letter would arrive at your doorstep. On it, a seal with the crest of house von Kaiser. Written in an expensive ink on expensive parchment, the letter would read, with somewhat poor handwriting "To The Family of House Ombre, I'd like to give my services to your family to become a member of the House Guard. The man writing this is Vauquelin von Kaiser, a Valeur Ithanian with Alt-Regalian ancestry, along with a plantation in Ithania and wealthy siblings. I am skilled in combat, taught by an expert fencer who's skill was learnt through countless schools across Aloria. Although I am not the most dutiful man, I am perfect for looking good in armour and looking guard fighting in it. Should my skills be necessary for you, I'd appreciate a reply" @Posidem

9. Posidem

accepted, as discussed earlier.

10. Posidem

update 01/10/18
    • registry up to date
    • prettified the original post
      • needs to be redone completely but im sleepy
    • still recruiting :^)