Archived The Modding Team

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomdorr

High Council member of The Algorian Empire
Reaction score
So I've been thinking in which a way a mod can be recognised as on or off duty, because I get very confused as to how I know which mods is not busy, so my suggestion is that the modding team have the ability to toggle there name from green to there designated colour like the game orange or the trainee yellow or the light blue.

- a mod to be off duty switches there name tag colour to the normal green so any player around them assumes them to be playing as a normal player

- a mod on duty has there designated colour on show so that players around them are aware they are on duty

It should also show in the chat, so you know if they will help you or not.

Players then can't complain about mods being to busy to help them or rage about being ignored, and mods have a way in which to relax and play as a normal player :)

I think myself that this would save many forum disputes in the future and make the life of the team a little easier if its at all possible

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Maybe have something similar to the friend plugin so that when a mod goes on/off duty a message will appear.
For an example: "[ModName] is now on duty" and "[ModName] is now off duty" or "[ModName] is now busy"

Mods already have the ability to change the colour of their name. Just saying.

Mods already have the ability to change the colour of their name. Just saying.
Good, then this idea is even easier to implement. I think this will help a lot as it will help people understand why they are not being answered when pm'ing for help, which will decrease the amount of complaints that are made because of it.

Why not bring back /modlist (unless they changed the command on me cause it doesn't work) and have whether or not they are on or off duty show up next to their name or yeah be their name color

Why not bring back /modlist (unless they changed the command on me cause it doesn't work) and have whether or not they are on or off duty show up next to their name or yeah be their name color
They need to implement something I hate bugging a mod that is rping and not knowing that they are in the middle of something...

Because people were abusing it to gain information OOC.

Duties is a good plugin for that kind of stuff. It allows people to see when a mod is "On duty" or not, and they can get different perm sets when on or off duty.

But there's no system in which they change their names' colors in accordance with whether they're doing mod stuffs or taking a break.

I think people largely misjudged what i was saying.

What I was trying to articulate, sweet things, is that it could surely be a little easier to implement this idea than some of the other plugin requests that have drifted around the forums, as it is already something that can be done. It is just without a formal system that is set up to fit this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.