The Merciful Chase

"Keep up! I thought you were a soldier, not some young deer still trying to find its legs!" Darcie called over her shoulder to her companion, her boots crunching the snow underfoot.

Rufus, the woman's husky, was ahead of the other two and just within looking distance. The animal seemed to be quite content with being the leader of their trio. He paid no mind to his master as he simply continued to plod along through the snow. The dog simply assumed the woman and her companion would follow.

Darcie halted in her steps, fully turning now to look in the direction she had come, hoping to spot whomever she had been teasing not moments earlier.

"Gideon? Dear where are you?" She called out, a frown beginning to form on her normally smiling features. No answer came as her frown deepened and she tucked her cloak on closer.

Darcie let out a small huff and began marching back the way she had come, intent on finding her lover.

"I swear if you're hiding in the bushes or behind a tree, I will kill you! Where are you, you red headed fool?" She looked about, eyes narrowed and frown turning to an unhappy scowl.

But again, the only answer the woman received was silence and the occasional forest animal shifting through a busy or over a tree branch.

Her blue eyes narrowed and she paced forward some more, spotting a clearing the trio had originally passed through on their way earlier.

The clearing itself was nothing but a wasteland of snow and ice. If it had been spring or summer, it would have most likely be covered in wildflowers and lush grass. Now though, all the eye could see was snow and ice.

Darcie made her way into, what she surmised, the center of the clearing. She cupped her glove hands around mouth and called out once more.

"GIDEON? WHERE ARE YOU, YOU FOOL?"

For the third time, she received no answer until… The sound of snow crunching under someone's foot as they rushed away. She swiftly turned about, hands dropping to her side as she peered towards the treeline. Hurrying towards it, she called out again.

"Wait! Whoever's there! Please! I'm looking for someone!"

She broke through the trees, branches scraping at her face and hair as she rushed after a cloaked figure.

The chase continued on for many minutes, Darcie never truly gaining any ground until the two emerged onto the path leading out of the forest and onto the cobbled road leading back into the city.

"Please," The woman panted, "Wait. I'm… Please."

Darcie clutched her stomach a bit, panting and wincing in pain from the scratches upon her face.

The cloaked figure finally turned, pale arms rising and pushing back the cloak hood, revealing blonde locks of hair cascading down the figure's back.

"Y-you-"

stock-vector-set-of-vector-golden-floral-filigree-dividers-floral-decorative-elements-borders-for-page-web-273106601-1.png

Darcie sat up quickly in bed, her heart racing and sweat trickling down the side of her head. She stared blearily into the darkness of her bedroom.

"Just… A dream?" She asked softly, raising a hand to touch her cheek and immediately pulling away immediately, wincing in pain.

The woman rose, tossing the blankets off of her bed and scurried over to her nearby dressing table. Pushing her mane of curls back, she stared at her slightly scratched up face.

"Spirit have mercy on me…" Her voice barely above a whisper as she lightly touched one of the scratches.

[CENTER]✦[I]Walnut/Wal[/I]✦ ✦[I]They/Them[/I]✦ ✦[I]Before you ask, my favorite vine is: "Hi my name is Chelsey, what's your favorite dinner food?" [/I]✦[/CENTER]
View all 14 featured items
"Keep up! I thought you were a soldier, not some young deer still trying to find its legs!" Darcie called over her shoulder to her companion, her boots crunching the snow underfoot.

Rufus, the woman's husky, was ahead of the other two and just within looking distance. The animal seemed to be quite content with being the leader of their trio. He paid no mind to his master as he simply continued to plod along through the snow. The dog simply assumed the woman and her companion would follow.

Darcie halted in her steps, fully turning now to look in the direction she had come, hoping to spot whomever she had been teasing not moments earlier.

"Gideon? Dear where are you?" She called out, a frown beginning to form on her normally smiling features. No answer came as her frown deepened and she tucked her cloak on closer.

Darcie let out a small huff and began marching back the way she had come, intent on finding her lover.

"I swear if you're hiding in the bushes or behind a tree, I will kill you! Where are you, you red headed fool?" She looked about, eyes narrowed and frown turning to an unhappy scowl.

But again, the only answer the woman received was silence and the occasional forest animal shifting through a busy or over a tree branch.

Her blue eyes narrowed and she paced forward some more, spotting a clearing the trio had originally passed through on their way earlier.

The clearing itself was nothing but a wasteland of snow and ice. If it had been spring or summer, it would have most likely be covered in wildflowers and lush grass. Now though, all the eye could see was snow and ice.

Darcie made her way into, what she surmised, the center of the clearing. She cupped her glove hands around mouth and called out once more.

"GIDEON? WHERE ARE YOU, YOU FOOL?"

For the third time, she received no answer until… The sound of snow crunching under someone's foot as they rushed away. She swiftly turned about, hands dropping to her side as she peered towards the treeline. Hurrying towards it, she called out again.

"Wait! Whoever's there! Please! I'm looking for someone!"

She broke through the trees, branches scraping at her face and hair as she rushed after a cloaked figure.

The chase continued on for many minutes, Darcie never truly gaining any ground until the two emerged onto the path leading out of the forest and onto the cobbled road leading back into the city.

"Please," The woman panted, "Wait. I'm… Please."

Darcie clutched her stomach a bit, panting and wincing in pain from the scratches upon her face.

The cloaked figure finally turned, pale arms rising and pushing back the cloak hood, revealing blonde locks of hair cascading down the figure's back.

"Y-you-"

stock-vector-set-of-vector-golden-floral-filigree-dividers-floral-decorative-elements-borders-for-page-web-273106601-1.png

Darcie sat up quickly in bed, her heart racing and sweat trickling down the side of her head. She stared blearily into the darkness of her bedroom.

"Just… A dream?" She asked softly, raising a hand to touch her cheek and immediately pulling away immediately, wincing in pain.

The woman rose, tossing the blankets off of her bed and scurried over to her nearby dressing table. Pushing her mane of curls back, she stared at her slightly scratched up face.

"Spirit have mercy on me…" Her voice barely above a whisper as she lightly touched one of the scratches.