The Mercenary Executive | First Decree

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Yigit, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

[​IMG]
    FROM THE DESK OF THE MERCENARY EXECUTIVE
    FIRST DECREE, 10TH OF JULY, 309AC
    [​IMG]

Preface

After the unfortunate events that occured with the predecessor of my office, I, Grand-Duke Consort Rodrigo Peirgarten, have been named the new Mercenary Executive to the Defensive Ministry of the Regalian Government, by official decree.

It is an honor for me to be able to serve under the governance of Her High Eminence, Madelyn de Azcoissia, and the Defensive Minister who saw it fit to appoint me to this position, His High Grace Jared Bancroft. I express my gratitude for the opportunity, and promise a competent, active and fruitful term under my new office.

[​IMG]
    First Decree of the Mercenary Executive

As I have recently assumed this position, it is no doubt a curiousity among the registered mercenaries of Regalia about what will happen to their active ranks and positions in the system created and previously managed by Mister Fulgore Fanger. The following paragraphs will describe in detail the answers to any relevant questions.

Regarding the Mercenary Ranking System, the Mercenary Executive has observed positive feedback to the system ran by my predecessor, involving the climbing of ranks from Rank I to Rank IV, and earning additional operative rights by upwards escalation, via show of prowess and dedication. This system will continue to operate as usual, with minimal changes that will eventually be announced, to improve on the core concept of the Ranking System.

For more information on the aforementioned Ranking System, refer to Section 1 in this previous Mercenary Act report.

Regarding the status of Active Mercenaries, these Mercenaries will not need to re-apply to the Mercenary Executive for their rights, and may continue to operate as they were before my appointment. They maintain all of their current ranks and privileges.

Regarding the Staff of the Mercenary Executive, the following changes are active immediately.

• Lord Alfred Wulfmacht has been named Direct Assistant, with the following powers bestowed. @MrBlwe
      • May suggest systematic reforms and changes to the Mercenary Executive.
      • May call for emergency meetings with the Mercenaries and Executive Staff.
      • May submit complaints concerning the behavior of any Mercenary to the Mercenary Executive.
    • Mister Rafael Carrano has been named Mercenary Examiner, with the following powers bestowed. @Banard
      • May subject any Mercenary to a test of physical prowess, and report those who have underperformed to the Mercenary Executive for re-consideration of their rank.
      • May host sparring sessions among Mercenaries in the Arena Court, or the Mercenary Keep.
    • Two Mercenary Steward positions have been made vacant, and the Mercenary Executive will be taking letters from interested applicants. The following powers are bestowed to the Mercenary Stewards.
      • May submit complaints concerning the behavior of Mercenaries under Rank III to the Mercenary Executive.
      • May submit to the Mercenary Executive for the temporary suspension of any Mercenary that is Rank I.
      • May communicate with the Violet Order for information concerning criminal records pertinent to the hiring of mercenaries or for bounties to be put in place.
    Regarding Contracts and Bounties, the following changes are active immediately.
    • The Mercenary Executive will begin maintaining a “Contract Book”, which will include a list of contracts that can be freely claimed by any Independent Mercenary, or Active Mercenary Band, at any time. This Contract Book will be regularly updated, with information on contractor, the details of the contact, and the reward from completing the contract.
    • Both commoners and nobility can, and are encouraged to, create contracts for the Mercenaries of Regalia to pursue. The nature of these contracts can vary from guarding their person during a social event, to pursuing a criminal who has wronged them in any way. The possibilities are limitless, as long as the expectations are not illegal in nature and do not impede on Violet Order business.
    • In order to submit a contract to the Mercenary Guild, one may send a letter to the Mercenary Executive Rodrigo Peirgarten, with the details of their contract, as well as the reward they are promising upon completion. Contractors may request to have their identity obfuscated for privacy purposes, which will always be obeyed outside of law-breaking circumstances.
    • The Mercenary Executive will then approve the contract, and submit it to the Contract Book, which any Registered Mercenary can view at any time, and pursue if they wish. Upon completion of any contract, the Mercenary Executive will inform the contractor, and ensure that the rewards are properly received by the Mercenary.
    Finally, the Mercenary Executive issues the following announcements.
    • A general Mercenary Meeting is scheduled for the 17th of July, Saturday, at 6PM EST, in the Mercenary Keep. All Mercenaries and Executive Staff are welcome to attend.
      • OOC: If you cannot make the meeting, do not worry. It is not a terribly important meeting, and anything discussed in the meeting will be documented and then reported via letter to all Mercenaries.
    • Anyone interested in operating as a Legal Mercenary in Regalia are expected to send a letter of application to the Mercenary Executive Rodrigo Peirgarten, or approach him in the City for in-person reviewing. Applicants may be subjected to physical examinations by the Mercenary Examiner before receiving approval. Further notes regarding approvals are attached below.
      • Those with extensive criminal records and poor social behavior can and will be barred from service to maintain the standards of the Mercenary Guild. The legal status of every applicant will be thoroughly reviewed upon application.
      • Those with occult abilities and without the necessary legal papers that allow the use of such occult abilities will be barred from acting as a Mercenary. When legal papers are provided via Occult Ministry approval, they may serve.
      • Those acting as Mercenaries without official registration from the Mercenary Executive are vigilantes, and subject to punishment by the Violet Order. Get registered.
    Signed and officiated,
    Grand-Duke Consort Rodrigo Peirgarten of Lorhauser
    Mercenary Executive of the Regalian Government
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 10
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Yui_Drax

Yui_Drax Loong Worshiper and Sihai Enthusiast

Eventually, a certain Qússrakón received the news, raising a brow within the heavily forested regions on Daen as his right hand held the decree, reading word for word as the sunlight pierced the canopies and reflected upon a purple crest with silver edges, a lone longsword decorating it as the sole engraving.

"Returning will be for the future.."

Nomin briefly said in Sintil, rolling it up and storing it into a pouch and pulled a hood over his head as the reflection of his irises revealed themselves within the darkness.