The Knights Of Aering

Discussion in 'Announcement Archive' started by Aespair, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Aespair

Aespair valentinian shill

It was a warm, sunny day when it was announced. The grasses outside the city of Hyrune, just out of view of the massive battlements and spires of Castle Maeleth, were as green as ever. Yet there was a nervous tension in the air of the army that had gathered there.

It was what they had trained for, after all. It would be foolish not to be nervous.

The gathered army all wore similar armor. There was a black surcoat on all of them, with a white minus symbol in the middle of it. The generals and higher ranking soldiers were seen to have a red minus on their surcoat instead, and the king had a gold minus on his. They had chainmail inbetween the steel armor pieces that made up their armor, but the helmets were the most interesting of all. It was a conical-like design with a flattened top, with only two openings in it for the eyes to look out. There were small holes in the front where the mouth was so the knight could breath, but they were only about the size of a needle. Where the neck joined the helmet, there were jagged ends for the helmet to click in. To put it on, the warrior would stick the helmet into the corresponding openings on the neck, and then twist it slightly so it clicked in. This was much more efficient than the usual design where the helmet just sits around the head because it guaranteed that the helmet would not fall off in times of danger or distress.

Their king paced back and forth about the front line of the army on his gleaming black horse, then he began to speak to his troops. "You have all gathered here today as the most skilled knights of Hyrune. The most fierce warriors of the realm, the most battle-ready scallywags there ever were. The militias have hereby proved themselves to be inefficient when it comes to wars. They begin to be weary and unspurred after the battle leaves their hometown."

Many of the knights nodded at this; it was too well known that the town's local militia were all too reluctant to fight after their town was safe for the time being. The king continued, "This is no fault of theirs. After all, why should simple farmers and miners fight further when they have a family to feed? No, they should not have to. Even more, it would be grossly inefficient, as the raiders and soldiers of Deldrimor are far more skilled than mere farmers."

The knights growled assent at this; Deldrimor had killed some of their friends and brothers in the battles that ensued at Hyrune. Hyrune had suffered severe casualties in the more recent battle that took place in Castle Maeleth before they could stave off the raiders. The king spoke in a more volumed tone when he continued, "No more will farmers and fathers have to fight for their livelyhood! No more will we suffer defeat! Hail Aering!"

The Knights of Aering performed the new Aering salute, shouting "Hail Aering!" in unison.

-------------------------------------------------​
    What this is: This is my attempt at doing something halfway neat and cool, because I like to have stories behind stuff before I actually do them. The Knights of Aering is the official military of Hyrune, and by extension, the Alliance. However, the Knights of Aering will only act for the Alliance if I deem it necessary, and will usually remain as the military of Hyrune.

Why not just leave it the way it was: Hyrune has become exceedingly disorganized in raids, where I just say "lol hey guys we should defend ourselves" in faction chat, and I usually end up defending alone anyways. With this, I can grab everyone that is enlisted to be a knight that is online and have them defend with me, then we have more of a chance of winning instead of just getting rekt by Sevak.

People who might want to see this: @Mecharic @Sevak @65jes89 @Genecide65

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Aespair, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. Aespair

image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Commanderkull

Commanderkull Vasch: Demon of Valyria and King of Necimus

The Kings of Necimus and Wrath offer to you our demon legions to help fight off the mortal scumbags attempting to stop us from collecting souls. However should you choose to call on us, there will be a price. :) (not a regal one either hunny) @Herecy @Typhenon

#3 Commanderkull, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  4. Aespair

While I appreciate the offer, I think our ideals are a tiny bit different

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Genecide65

Genecide65 Mich

I do not know if i am tagged because they want me to know i am about to die or they want me to fight by them. Hopefully its the 2nd one. *Gulp*

6. Aespair

Bro you're my buddy why would I kill you xD