The Iron Watch | Guard Charter

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by AlphaInsomnia, Feb 28, 2020.

1. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

header.jpg
    NorthernUnion.jpg
    divider2.png
    ₮ⱧɆ łⱤØ₦ ₩₳₮₵Ⱨ
    divider.png

With the revival of charters operating as city guards, and the peace settled between Regalia and Drixagh, the Velheim can no longer sit idle. Aiming to show the northfolk belong in the Empire as much as any other citizen, they now take up arms in the name of the law and for the safety of the common folk. Founded on the 24th of February, 308 AC, alongside a slew of other charters, the Iron Watch finds itself under heavy Velheim influence and more lenient protocol than their counterparts. Deriving many of their styles and methods from each guard’s respective schooling and from former guard orders and charters, the Iron Watch now presses on to claim a place in history.

Despite being led, catering to, and predominantly filled by Velheim, the Iron Watch does open its doors to other races.

divider.png

Charter rights:
    -The right to arrest individuals in breach of Regalian Law while in Uniform.
    -The right to arrest and interrogate suspected criminals of violating State Law.
    -The right to utilize plate armor while on duty.
    -The right to utilize weapons while on duty and use non-concealed carry.
    -The right to imprison those in breach of Regalian Law in Greygate Prison.
    -The right to force curing on individuals with Werebeast and Sanguine afflictions.
    -The right to guard public events.
    -The right to enforce Velheim Law in Regalia on Velheimers (pending internal changes).
    -The right to use Pagan inclined Occult Abilities while on duty.

divider.png

Notes:

-Every new recruit lacking any previous guard experience is taken in as a ‘Thrall’, the lowest of the low, and should expect rough treatment, arduous tasks, tedious assignments, and hazing. Insults and spars are permitted between two Thralls, and is encouraged to toughen them up.

-Medics are recruited, but typically on special exception cases.

-If enough members of a specific race are recruited, a new cultural ranking system will be added for them. It will absolutely be unfair, generally their rank will be one lower than their ailor counterpart, but does allow for the highest position to serve as an advisor to the charter commander.

-Non-Velheim will have limited access to enforce Velheim laws, but will still have some authority.

divider2.png

Application:
    • Username:
    • Character Name
    • Character Application:
    • Previous OOC Punishments:
    • Letter of Application:

footer.jpg

• Powerful Powerful x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. AlphaInsomnia

divider2.png
    Did I mention we have cool outfits?
    IronWatch.png
    Courtesy of @Scribbe
    divider2.png

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Dear Commander,
    It is good to see the Old Ways given there own guard it is good to see our Kin to the North given there own chapter. As a Gallovian Highlander, warrior, ritualist, and Expert on Sanguine/Shatterology it'd be an Honor to stand with the Iron Watch. In the interest of full disclosure, I've recently changed from my former Ailor race faced with the choice of Dishonorable death or taking the Gift of Lord Basthur I choose to drink his mead. I'm a Url now but I remain a devout ritualist to the Eight Old Gods and the All Being. This new form has only allowed me to become stronger, I've also meet several of your current Guards they'll likely remember the Url they kept bumping into or at least Juniper will. If it is of interest, I've some experience in battle from my coming of age I've hunted Sanguine and Were-beast as a wandering Ritualist and hunter of the Accursed.
    May the Gods Keep you,
    James Treji Larkson
    (Pagan of the eight gods)​

4. AlphaInsomnia

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Jupiter6700

Jupiter6700 The Raptor

• Username: Jupiter6700
    • Character Name: Khepri Moswen
    • Character Application: Cat Snek
    • Previous OOC Punishments: Nada
    • Letter of Application:
    To The Commander of the Iron Watch;
    I am Khepri Moswen, new to this whole Regalia thing and a forced gladiator for the greater portion of my life in Dexai. I can fight with an eastern longsword and a light bow of any kind, but I make a better scout than anything. I am good at hiding in places and shooting from afar, but I’m even better and hand to hand combat with my sword. I hope in this time of crisis you will accept me.
    Sincerely,
    Khepri Moswen

6. AlphaInsomnia

Approved. Please PM me your discord and you will be added to the server.

7. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

I hope this got sent to the right address, or this'll be weird.

To the Iron Watch,
    I'd like to join you. I can fight, and I want to see these streets cleaned up. Plus, you guys seem like people I can drink with.
    -Adelaide

• Like Like x 1
  8. AlphaInsomnia

Approved.

9. retsag118

retsag118

*In very sloppy handwriting*
    Dear Kaya,
    I met you before I wrote this letter so I will give you some background on myself. I haven't been active in any type of work of late but when I saw this charter I was awestruck, I had never seen a guard charter that was so accepting. It made me want to get off my ass and work for once. I spent most of my life as a mercenary in Calemberg so I've got a bit of experience, plus I can heal. I know this letter isn't the most formal but I've never really written a letter before. I hope to help protect people and fight for justice, just like a guard should.
    Vanir Fitzgerald

10. AlphaInsomnia

Approved. Please PM me your discord and I'll add you to the chat.

11. Doopelganger

Doopelganger Regalian Citizen

Kaya,
    My brother told me to apply. I have some experience guarding, and I'd like to make use of my skills yet again.
    Hjalmar Haagenvig

12. AlphaInsomnia

Approved. Please PM me your discord username and I'll add you to the server.

13. LotusTwist

LotusTwist Refugee

To Captain Viduggla,
    I am seeking to join the Iron Watch to aid my city in these trying times. I have skills in spear combat as well as using shields. I am a lightness and order sorcerer as well as a Sankist Ritualist. I am just a citizen who wants to help defend his city and country and would be gracious if you were to give me a chance to do this through your charter.
    From,
    Pankraz Q. Castion

14. AlphaInsomnia

Approved. PM me your discord username and I'll add you to our server.

15. faelcvns

faelcvns failcvns

Username: falcvns
    Character Name: Tove Viduggla
    Character Application: boink
    Previous OOC Punishments: None
    Letter of Application:

To the Iron Watch,
    I am seeking to join your Charter in these troubling times. As a Skagger graduate, I believe you would find my skills useful.
    -Sincerely, Tove Viduggla

16. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

A letter would arrive to the Iron Watch's current known address, surely not written by Rolf as he is illiterate but by a member of the family he serves.

To the esteemed Iron Watch,
    My name is Rolf and I am currently a house guard for the House Haggenvig. I am looking for more work and figured it'd be best to serve my community to the best of my ability.
    Rolf av Drixagh

17. AlphaInsomnia

Both approved. Please PM me with your discord usernames and I will add you to the chat.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

• Username: MrNoot1
    • Character Name: Bjorgulf Haagenvig
    • Character Application: Here!
    • Previous OOC Punishments: Banned for 3 Days due to some stupid mistakes I did 4 Months ago
    • Letter of Application:
      To the Esteemed Iron Watch,

My cousins rest within the ranks of the Iron Watch. After seeing them work as apart of the Guard, I believe that my Ritualism and Sorcery, as well as my combat with a Spear, can help with the cause of the Iron Watch. May the Gods watch over us as during these trying times.

Bjorgulf Haagenvig

19. ShouldHaveRolled

ShouldHaveRolled Inexperienced Problem Solver

To whoever's desk this lands on at the Iron Watch,

I am Oliver Watson. My brother approached me with this opportunity to join the Watch. He and I both served in the Violet Order, alongside many esteemed guardsman. I would be happy to have the opportunity to not only defend Regalia, but my fellow citizens as well. I would love to fight alongside you in the future.

*an over exaggerated signature would be scribbled across the bottom of the page*
    Oliver Watson

20. Nicomachean

Nicomachean

To the head of the Iron Watch,

My name is Aldebrand Ludenhof, a former student of the guilds at Beliard. A man from your charter approached me with a job opportunity, and given my abilities, I wish to serve. It would be an honor to defend Regalia within the Iron Watch.

*An elegant signature was written below*
    Aldebrand Ludenhof

21. AlphaInsomnia

To preface: very sorry about the lack of response. I never received an alert of the applications.

To be determined. Apologies for the extra long wait, but the ban is something of a concern. It will be discussed. Expect a response by the end of the week.

Approved. If you are still interested, you can PM me your discord username and I'll add you to the chat.

Approved. PM me your discord username and I'll add you to the chat.

22. AlphaInsomnia

Approved with some conditions, which will be explained upon joining. PM me your discord and I'll add you to the server.

23. Rose

Rose

Most honorable commander of the Iron Watch,

My name is Huo Ra'nin, I have just arrived in this city recently and find myself seeking work, with my skill set being mostly based in military and religion I decided joining a guard charter would be the best use of my skills. The chance to use my knowledge to aid my new home allures me however I've had no luck attempting to join other guard chapters due to my lack of experience in Regalia. I am proficient with a blade and quite skilled at dragon ritualism and hope you will consider me as a recruit.

With much respect and veneration, Ra'nin of the Huo clan.​

24. AlphaInsomnia

Approved. Please PM me your discord username and I can add you to the server.

25. Ynzy

Ynzy It's not that I wasn't listening. I just forgot...

• Username: Whispering_Wisp
    • Character Name: Oskar Sorenvik
    • Character Application: Bear man
    • Previous OOC Punishments: Nilch
    • Letter of Application: The letter would simply contain the words "This is Oskar, you asked me to send this in officially so here you go. I look forward to working with you."

26. AlphaInsomnia

Approved.

27. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Dear Countess Sorenvik and Commander of the Iron Watch,

Since the end of my reign as High Inquisitor of the Inquisition, I have openly supported the Iron Watch compared to the other faulty guard chapters. Because the Iron Watch does their heroic act the right way, there is no other reason to deem them unfit to be guardsmen. The only comment that I can make on the Iron Watch is competency, not incompetency, and thus to further my acts to the Empire, I request to join your Iron Watch banner.

Safe regards,
    Sir Alaric Kreiburg

28. AlphaInsomnia

Accepted on a probationary period. Terms will be discussed via pm.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Nungenung

Nungenung Owner of The Green Orc inn

Dear commander of the iron watch,

my name is anarok na'roj and i would liek to join the iron watch because i want to keep the peace in the city because i love peace i have been at the kreiguard but then they fired me and i dont know why maybe it was too busy now anarok want to join the iron watch i hope that i will get accepted

anarok na'roj

#29 Nungenung, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  30. AlphaInsomnia

Rejected.

31. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

Minecraft Username:
    • MrScafuto.
    Character Name:
    • Torhilde av Kongehjem.
    Character Application:
    Previous OOC Punishments:
    • Not realizing Mandarin characters are broken in the Resource Pack and accidentally spamming rpooc.
    Letter of Application:
    • [[The letter was marked with a note that this was transcribed by a friend, rather than by the woman herself.]]
      To the Iron Watch Commander,

I'm an Orc native from Nordskagg trained in Orcish Palattu unarmed combat, and
      want to work as a guard, but still be connected to my roots as a Velheimer. As a veteran of the Elven
      Moors, I know how to do general guard duties, as well as how to fight. Would also be nice to have an
      actual job besides being a laborer.

-Torhilde av Kongehjem.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  32. AlphaInsomnia

Approved.

33. Jupiter6700

Jupiter6700 The Raptor

• Username: Jupiter6700
    • Character Name: Kyazza Mu-Vyzal
    • Character Application: Lizord
    • Previous OOC Punishments: None!
    • Letter of Application:
    To Commander Sorenvik;
    Good day! I am Kyazza Mu-Vyzal, Jogro of Digmaan Vyzal, and I write this letter in hopes of joining the rank of the Iron Watch! I am a dutiful Mu-Zzaar with decades of fighting ability under my boot as well as the commander of the Turmen Riders, one of the inly cavalry units in Hadar. To fulfill my duty in the Allar caste, it is required of me to join the guard so I do hope you consider me.
    Sincerely,
    Kyazza Mu-Vyzal

34. AlphaInsomnia

Approved. Please DM me your discord.

35. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi Refugee Supremium

Username: Iyyiushi

Character Name: Fritjof Ulfrson

Character Application: yoink

Previous OOC Punishments: None

Letter of Application:

[Written in Skodje]
    To Commander Sorenvik;
    Hail and good health! I am Fritjof Ulfrson, Björntass Skagger. I write this application for the Iron Watch as a Velheimer loyal to our ways. My record is one of three years of active service and five years in total as a Skagger. I am known by the Kinsley family and Noble Vidugglas. As a testimony to my involvement in our community, I regularly conduct business with the Gauntlet and Kettle.
    Respectfully,
    Fritjof Ulfrson

36. AlphaInsomnia

Approved.

• Like Like x 1
  37. _Sundreamer_

_Sundreamer_

- Username: _Sundreamer_
    - Character Name: Jarlaf Hafrfjellenfjord
    - Character Application: Jarlaf Hafrfjellenfjord
    - Previous OOC Punishment: Nothing.
    - Letter of Application:

*The letter is written with less-than perfect handwriting, but effort has clearly been made. Written in the runic alphabet of Skodje.*

To Countess Sorenvik,
    I have always pledged myself to the greater service of our kin, whether in the Northern Belt or here in the city, as you and I have spoken before. I hope such expresses my loyalty to our people and my wish to help further than I currently do. I apply, given the young and old problems our people face. I am no guard by trade but I have fought for near twenty-five years of my life, be it raiding or not. And will offer my skills and experience to the role within the Iron Watch to ensure the survival and place of our people. You know of my craft and if I can offer this likewise, we shall talk more of it I am sure.
    May the Gods watch over you, Commander,

Jarlaf Hafrfjellenford.