• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

The Imperial Times ~ Issue One

Infinatum

In Totum Ad Perpetuum
Reaction score
Faction
Mithril
Roleplay Guilds
Ibadet Community / Imperial Orthodox
Friday, 24 May, 307 AC - 2 Regals - Issue One​

LSDafKHh0qP_d4kwVKP87gu--nCu_RJ5wg7wgBsjY3dazcAgZcOZeg-pzJ-JeRwvmLouFSHzskwQ76z3vtG6W8BOQb0E1v_03VGlotAub3TQfbNuU7ExjMu06nGc7cUEkyokR1Kl

lgwyYnFTDD3H-2NXsheEtfrUMEaTQu_9oVmlsEsEQTMlQJ94tbZjN2JkqGv6RU9PPytgS8Wg7vOPF_UffxPbSg974WY3N932-n2AdzzurrUGc5Pp2ezjkublnk4YpPOdv1MwVIi8

NEW GOVERNMENT APPOINTED - LORD CHANCELLOR CONFIRMED​

His Imperial Holiness, Alexander I, has appointed a new government to carry on the business of the day:

Lord Chancellor: Constanze du Brierust.

Secretary for the Army: Garth Viduggla.

Secretary for the Navy: Vacant

Secretary for the City: Cro-Zzhin Yaotl.

Secretary for the Faith: Jared Kade.

Secretary for the Finance: Anastasie de Letoirneau.

Secretary for the Heritage: Kailu Frisque.

Secretary for the Trade: Vacant

Secretary for the Commons: Kaya Sorenvik.

Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Vacant; may now be appointed by the Lord Chancellor.

Secretary of Feudal Affairs: Vacant; may now be appointed by the Lord Chancellor.

PRINCE SOVEREIGN RODDERICK HOWLESTER ACKNOWLEDGED​

~ 23 May, 307​

The Prince Sovereign has been recognized as the Prince Sovereign of Gallovia, holding him to only the Emperor and not to the Imperial State. As such, the new PRINCE-ELECTOR and his region may hold a legislature and conduct diplomacy independent of the Imperial Administration.

EMPEROR DECREES NEW CHANGES IN MARRIAGE LAW​

~ 5 May, 307​

His Imperial Holiness Alexander I has through Imperial Decree and support of the Privy Council declared the following changes to take place in the secular administration of marriage and it's regulations:

• Non-Unionists may now legally marry one another, even non-Unionist and Unionist marriages are henceforth allowed by the State. Children of inter-faith relations must register and be reared as Unionists.

• Same-gendered people may now legally marry so long as they do not offend the gender norms of the State, and acquire children through some means.

• Fraternization before marriage or for persons out of wedlock is now legal, so long as the individuals do not have an active bar registered by the Regalian State.

• ALL races may marry, but First Civil Status or Citizenship is not granted through marriage, and the rights of the Citizen or First Civil Status person do not confer onto the spouse.

• All noble marriages must be approved by their respective Head of the Family.
CALEMBURG HOUSES ALLY IN MARRIAGE​

~ 19 May, 307​

Houses Drachenburg and Typhonus allied themselves through the marriage of Drachenburg heir Eldrich von Drachenburg and Riane Typhonus. The marriage was challenged by one Richarr Ravenstad who wrote a public letter challenging the heir to a duel for the hand of Riane. The von Drachenburg skillfully and with excellent tact denied the challenge, gaining prestige for his House for maintaining Noble Honneurs. The alliance mandates the following:

• Military aid shall be provided by each member in the defense of the other's holdings in the event of hostile actions, both foreign and domestic.

• Financial aid when it is required shall be provided for the well-being of both houses.

• Both Houses agree to consult the other when decisions are made that directly affect the integrity of the alliance.
LORD COMMANDER ISSUES WARRANT ON DE LETOIRNEAU GUARD​

~ 12 May, 307​

"To the honorable peerage, the humble working class and the hardy Citizens of Old Town,

In light of recent disturbing reports, I feel the need to address the entirety of the Regalian populous. It has come to my attention that a rogue element in the City has sprung to life under the leadership of Vulmar of Nothing, Maximus Krupp, deserters from the Violet Order including but not limited to members of the Ironspire Regiment, the known degenerate and thick skulled Urijah Jamesson, and more shockingly, General Cyprien de Letoirneau and the de Letoirneau House Guard, who have decided to abandon the notions of law and order and take to vigilante justice within Old Town, harrying its people and spitting on the Emperor's Old Town Peace Law. I will assure you this will not be allowed to stand. From this moment onward, I have formerly suspended the Ironspire Regiment for allegations of abandonment of duty, corruption and conspiracy. Furthermore, I have issued a warrant for the arrest of Cyprien de Letoirneau and the entire de Letoirneau House guard, Vulmar, Maximus Krupp and Urijah Jamesson, who will hand themselves in to the Violet Order within the week or be branded traitors to the Empire and its governance to be treated as such in the eyes of the Law.

To the Citizens of Old Town I say to you this. Unofficial Organisations that attempt to subvert the Emperor's Peace Law over Old Town have no jurisdiction with us. The Violet Order will not intervene in Old Town, even if you decide to enact your own justice on these vigilantes. I am a man of my word, Old Town remains under the control of the people provided the people do not give the Violet Order reason to have to occupy the district once again.

Standing for the Emperor's Justice,

William Algar Howlester

Lord Commander of the Violet Order

Imperial Court Marshal of the Empire's Forces

Ex-Archduke of Gallovia, in Valorum"​

DUKE OF VLISSINGHELM DECLARES DAUGHTER HEIR​

~9 May, 307​

His Grace the Duke Hengest Harhold has decreed that his daughter the High Lady Agatha inherit all titles, possessions, and wealth upon His Grace's death. The former heir, Aethelric Harhold; High Reverend Manfried II, is no longer the heir but in the second position of the Line of Succession for the Duchy.

CHAPTER ONE OF NINE IN A LADY'S GUIDE TO SOCIAL GRACES

Written by the Lady Genevieve Howlester

===Chapter One: Hosting a Dinner Party===
Dinner parties are one of fine society's mainstays. A gathering of friends joining to share a meal and a night's enjoyment is the bread and butter of a woman's entertaining duties. And while entertaining one's friends is always a happy event, a hostess must make sure all is in place so that she too may join in the night's pleasures without an air of worry or stress. From preparing the menu, seating arrangements, and after-dinner activities – the evening will run seamlessly with some preparation beforehand.

Arrivals - Prior to dinner, men and women are usually separated. Gentlemen are usually off to discuss business over a light drink while ladies may socialize with tea or refreshing lemonade before dinner is called. This gives each group a chance to socialize casually before dinner begins.

Setting the Menu – Hostesses should take care to inquire with the guests if they have any truly disliked foods. This is usually done from one lady of the house to another. Gentlemen are rarely to be bothered with such questions except when the parties in question are close friends. One should always begin the meal with small dishes that tantalize those dining with the promise of the meal. First courses should be elegant, small portions that can be finished in three to four bites; expertly prepared and elegantly presented. The second course is one of main contention – for most cultures in the Regalian Archipelago serve a fresh salad. The feature of the mains should always be a roasted animal of some sort. Serving another plate with an alternative form of meat is suggested, along with vegetables and other savories that compliment your main dish. Follow this with a cheese and fruit course, and finally impressive desserts.

After Dinner – Cordials for ladies and spirits for men are served after dinner. Removing oneself from the dining room completely, and socializing together over a card game or music. As a host, never begin a long game or particularly long musical piece. Your guests may become weary, especially after a heavy meal, and you should give them opportunities to depart that will not cause offense. Forcing someone to sit through a twenty-minute musical recital on a full-stomach can be torture for guests. Offer choices, that way they can pick what they would like to do best, or make their excuses on their own schedule.

ADVERTISEMENTS WANTED - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD​

TO SUBSCRIBE FOR FURTHER ISSUES - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD​

TO REQUEST TO AUTHOR AN OPINION EDITORIAL - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD​

I: Please keep all responses IC.
II: A sports section is will be published in future issues if people host sports and the like.
III: I'm always looking for Op-Eds.

Eh, I'll keep it. Adds character and I can retract it in the next issue. REALISM.

Haeddi Harhold shook her copy of the paper, frowning, "Oh! So Aethelric, Aelfric, and Agatha get into the paper, but nothing about me! Someone has a bias towards the 'a' names!" The teenager huffed.

There is a wrapping of knuckles against the side of his desk, the lizardly lord looking down the paper before raising a glass of wine to his lips.

"I can look forward to a regular recapturing of events now, that'll be nice to see more often and it's helpful. Please send my appreciation with a gift of a hundred regals to the editors of this paper. Let's subscribe?"

There would be a visitor to wherever the publisher shop was in the city, an Al-Allar greeter offering forwards the money and gratitude of the Qar-Digmaan.

Last edited:
"Har! Vulmar, you've gotten yourself onto the paper!"

Cregann proceeds to give the man a good ol' slap on the back, before adding, "Y
our part's old news though." With more than a hint of disappointment in his voice. For the man was hoping for something new to read.

@Tibertastic

OOC: Love the paper, keep up the good work! I had tons of fun back when an old character of mine got into journalism and newspaper printing.

Damian Black went to buy the newspaper, reading it with a nod and smile. "This is amazing, easy to keep track of everything. Oi! Chris! Come take a look at this! Any way we can support this?!" @Film_Noir

A crumpled and discarded newspaper found its way under the streets and into the tendrils of some nameless abomination. many eyes passed over the paper, peering and prying. A gurgle escaped the creature as the paper was neatly folded and stored away among rows upon rows of books.

OOC:
Yes... another paper...

LSDafKHh0qP_d4kwVKP87gu--nCu_RJ5wg7wgBsjY3dazcAgZcOZeg-pzJ-JeRwvmLouFSHzskwQ76z3vtG6W8BOQb0E1v_03VGlotAub3TQfbNuU7ExjMu06nGc7cUEkyokR1Kl

lgwyYnFTDD3H-2NXsheEtfrUMEaTQu_9oVmlsEsEQTMlQJ94tbZjN2JkqGv6RU9PPytgS8Wg7vOPF_UffxPbSg974WY3N932-n2AdzzurrUGc5Pp2ezjkublnk4YpPOdv1MwVIi8

His Imperial Holiness, Alexander I, has appointed a new government to carry on the business of the day:

Secretary of Foreign Affairs: Vacant; may now be appointed by the Lord Chancellor.

Secretary of Feudal Affairs: Vacant; may now be appointed by the Lord Chancellor.

~ 23 May, 307​

The Prince Sovereign has been recognized as the Prince Sovereign of Gallovia, holding him to only the Emperor and not to the Imperial State. As such, the new PRINCE-ELECTOR and his region may hold a legislature and conduct diplomacy independent of the Imperial Administration.

~ 5 May, 307​

His Imperial Holiness Alexander I has through Imperial Decree and support of the Privy Council declared the following changes to take place in the secular administration of marriage and it's regulations:

• Non-Unionists may now legally marry one another, even non-Unionist and Unionist marriages are henceforth allowed by the State. Children of inter-faith relations must register and be reared as Unionists.

• Same-gendered people may now legally marry so long as they do not offend the gender norms of the State, and acquire children through some means.

• Fraternization before marriage or for persons out of wedlock is now legal, so long as the individuals do not have an active bar registered by the Regalian State.

• ALL races may marry, but First Civil Status or Citizenship is not granted through marriage, and the rights of the Citizen or First Civil Status person do not confer onto the spouse.

~ 19 May, 307​

Houses Drachenburg and Typhonus allied themselves through the marriage of Drachenburg heir Eldrich von Drachenburg and Riane Typhonus. The marriage was challenged by one Richarr Ravenstad who wrote a public letter challenging the heir to a duel for the hand of Riane. The von Drachenburg skillfully and with excellent tact denied the challenge, gaining prestige for his House for maintaining Noble Honneurs. The alliance mandates the following:

• Military aid shall be provided by each member in the defense of the other's holdings in the event of hostile actions, both foreign and domestic.

• Financial aid when it is required shall be provided for the well-being of both houses.

• Both Houses agree to consult the other when decisions are made that directly affect the integrity of the alliance.

~ 12 May, 307​

"To the honorable peerage, the humble working class and the hardy Citizens of Old Town,

In light of recent disturbing reports, I feel the need to address the entirety of the Regalian populous. It has come to my attention that a rogue element in the City has sprung to life under the leadership of Vulmar of Nothing, Maximus Krupp, deserters from the Violet Order including but not limited to members of the Ironspire Regiment, the known degenerate and thick skulled Urijah Jamesson, and more shockingly, General Cyprien de Letoirneau and the de Letoirneau House Guard, who have decided to abandon the notions of law and order and take to vigilante justice within Old Town, harrying its people and spitting on the Emperor's Old Town Peace Law. I will assure you this will not be allowed to stand. From this moment onward, I have formerly suspended the Ironspire Regiment for allegations of abandonment of duty, corruption and conspiracy. Furthermore, I have issued a warrant for the arrest of Cyprien de Letoirneau and the entire de Letoirneau House guard, Vulmar, Maximus Krupp and Urijah Jamesson, who will hand themselves in to the Violet Order within the week or be branded traitors to the Empire and its governance to be treated as such in the eyes of the Law.

To the Citizens of Old Town I say to you this. Unofficial Organisations that attempt to subvert the Emperor's Peace Law over Old Town have no jurisdiction with us. The Violet Order will not intervene in Old Town, even if you decide to enact your own justice on these vigilantes. I am a man of my word, Old Town remains under the control of the people provided the people do not give the Violet Order reason to have to occupy the district once again.

William Algar Howlester

~9 May, 307​

His Grace the Duke Hengest Harhold has decreed that his daughter the High Lady Agatha inherit all titles, possessions, and wealth upon His Grace's death. The former heir, Aethelric Harhold; High Reverend Manfried II, is no longer the heir but in the second position of the Line of Succession for the Duchy.

Dinner parties are one of fine society's mainstays. A gathering of friends joining to share a meal and a night's enjoyment is the bread and butter of a woman's entertaining duties. And while entertaining one's friends is always a happy event, a hostess must make sure all is in place so that she too may join in the night's pleasures without an air of worry or stress. From preparing the menu, seating arrangements, and after-dinner activities – the evening will run seamlessly with some preparation beforehand.

Arrivals - Prior to dinner, men and women are usually separated. Gentlemen are usually off to discuss business over a light drink while ladies may socialize with tea or refreshing lemonade before dinner is called. This gives each group a chance to socialize casually before dinner begins.

Setting the Menu – Hostesses should take care to inquire with the guests if they have any truly disliked foods. This is usually done from one lady of the house to another. Gentlemen are rarely to be bothered with such questions except when the parties in question are close friends. One should always begin the meal with small dishes that tantalize those dining with the promise of the meal. First courses should be elegant, small portions that can be finished in three to four bites; expertly prepared and elegantly presented. The second course is one of main contention – for most cultures in the Regalian Archipelago serve a fresh salad. The feature of the mains should always be a roasted animal of some sort. Serving another plate with an alternative form of meat is suggested, along with vegetables and other savories that compliment your main dish. Follow this with a cheese and fruit course, and finally impressive desserts.

After Dinner – Cordials for ladies and spirits for men are served after dinner. Removing oneself from the dining room completely, and socializing together over a card game or music. As a host, never begin a long game or particularly long musical piece. Your guests may become weary, especially after a heavy meal, and you should give them opportunities to depart that will not cause offense. Forcing someone to sit through a twenty-minute musical recital on a full-stomach can be torture for guests. Offer choices, that way they can pick what they would like to do best, or make their excuses on their own schedule.

Eliza Rote read over the paper, "Ah, this is perfect! A great way to be updated of news, I shall tell my friends of this." she spoke to a nearby servant to let the author know that she wishes for a subscription. She then went off to tell her brother of the paper. @Optimalfriskies

Benjamin Delmotte held the paper in his hands, scanning over its text briefly, though he rereads some parts with interest. He nods to its news, absorbing it, before breathing a sigh. "And here I thought I'd know nothing when I got here," he says quietly, a relieved hand over his heart. "Maybe I should see about an ad..?"

~ 23 May, 307​

~ 5 May, 307​

~ 19 May, 307​

~ 12 May, 307​

William Algar Howlester

~9 May, 307​

"Perhaps they should hire journalists to gather more information for them as well..." Florian thought, tapping his chin, before shrugging. "Well either way I am subscribing. Hopefully it won't be very biased."

Enzo Celso showed Gallus Tyrannian the newspaper and remarked about the portion of homosexual marriage,

"More homosexuals marrying, if Cedromar Kade wasn't enough. So queer people want these nasty sodomites marrying. You think we can lobby to get them removed? Who would help... Hmm. Does Harhold like sodomites?"
@Aespair