• Regalian Roleplay Rules

1. Roleplay rules apply in this category.
    2. Posts are in-character.
    3. Posts are not anonymous.
    4. Posts and reactions made to posts are public. What your character says or does is known by all other characters. If you would like a reaction to be private, do not post it as a public response to a thread. Roleplay it out on the server!
    5. Out-of-character commentary on threads is not allowed unless it is specifically spoiled or bracketed, and/or highlights additional information for in-character responses.
    6. Meme responses are not allowed. This includes reposting the same content as the poster(s) above, or repeating catch phrases on a post.

The Imperial Times ~ Issue Nine

Infinatum

In Totum Ad Perpetuum
Reaction score
Faction
Mithril
Roleplay Guilds
Ibadet Community / Imperial Orthodox
Saturday, 1 June, 307 AC - 2 Regals - Issue Nine​

LSDafKHh0qP_d4kwVKP87gu--nCu_RJ5wg7wgBsjY3dazcAgZcOZeg-pzJ-JeRwvmLouFSHzskwQ76z3vtG6W8BOQb0E1v_03VGlotAub3TQfbNuU7ExjMu06nGc7cUEkyokR1Kl

lgwyYnFTDD3H-2NXsheEtfrUMEaTQu_9oVmlsEsEQTMlQJ94tbZjN2JkqGv6RU9PPytgS8Wg7vOPF_UffxPbSg974WY3N932-n2AdzzurrUGc5Pp2ezjkublnk4YpPOdv1MwVIi8

LORD CHANCELLOR HOLDS WEDDING RECEPTION WITH SPOUSE

~ 1 June, 307​

The Lord Chancellor Constanze du Brierüst held a wedding reception for the peerage today with her newly made spouse, Eléonore du Brierüst née Ravenstad.

NOTHING NEW TO BE FOUND; ALL QUIET IN THE CITY

~ 1 June, 307​

For the first time in a while, there have been no new proclamations or major actions reported in the City. While this will inevitably change, it is nice for those who prefer a calm city versus the hustle and bustle of war, occupation, and other such events as have been the norm these past few years.

THE POETRY OF THE EMPIRE: SERIES ONE

~ 1 June, 307​

Slight and small, the flame mouse was,

Flickering about my bare feet,

I could not help but be sickened,

As there was a rodent in my sheets!

At first, I thought it could be ignored,

But that blasted tail kept its glow,

And all night long I was kept from sleep,

Until the morn sun rose.

With the first rays, I saw,

I lifted from my pillow and looked at the smaller rat—

For despite the name, mice are only slighter cousins—

And saw that upon my sheets, where the mouse did lay,

A mark did burn it from that flickering tail!

With a revolted expression,

I took its tail between my third finger and thumb,

I stood with passion as the mouse came alive!

Squeak, squeak!

Oh, what a horrid noise!

To the window, my feet did take me,

With one last glance I freed the latch,

The window flew open and I flicked my hand out.

Down through the air,

The little mouse fell.

Squeak, squeak!

No longer shall I be woken in the night by flickering tails!

The mouse was be rid of,

Or so I thought until it returned;

Squeak, squeak!

It woke me, sitting upon my shoulder.

I smelled a smell so horrid then,

Burning hair, where though?

The mouse,

That bastardly little thing,

Seemed smug as it hopped back upon the spread.

My hair was blackened by its flaming little tail!

So again I lifted myself to my sill,

Again I tossed the mouse from it,

And that time I knew again that it would not die.

But at least it would not return,

For it had had its revenge.

~ A Candle Mouse by Alke Sÿtzen

CHAPTER NINE OF NINE IN A LADY'S GUIDE TO SOCIAL GRACES

Written by the Lady Genevieve Howlester

===Chapter Nine: Courtship and Weddings===

Two subjects that are the fascination of every young lady. Courtship traditions can have local traditions and subtleties in their respective regions, but there are some behaviors and customs that defy borders. Once a gentleman has decided on the object of his fancy, he may initiate the first steps of courtship by asking permission to do so from the lady's guardian. After permission has been granted, the couple shall abide by any particular rules the lady's guardian has set out. Traditional activities of walking out together and extra dances at balls are appropriate during this time. Ladies can accept small gifts of confections, flowers, and other small fripperies as appropriate to their station. Jewelry is a gift that should only be accepted once talk of marriage has begun. If gold or silver is shared too soon, there could be accusations that virtue has been abandoned in the courtship. Once engaged, a gift is traditionally exchanged between the couple and between the families being joined together. Wedding gifts of furniture, art, pottery, plates, ceremonial weaponry, and gold is always appropriate. One should avoid gifts of food or clothing unless they wish to cause insult.

Weddings should be scheduled no shorter than a month from the engagement itself. The expense of the wedding feast is carried by the bride's family, although it is the groom's side that often sees to the lodging of the wedding guests. It is traditional to send the wedding gifts ahead of time, so that the couple may choose to display the generosity of their friends. However, you have up to six months to send a wedding gift to a couple, if you were either unable to attend the feast or a temperamental artist holds up the timeliness of the delivery. It is typical for the wedded couple to leave the feast early, while guests often enjoy themselves until dawn. Wedding breakfasts are served en suite, and no member of the party is expected to make much of an appearance until midday. Leaving that day is always recommended to guests.

ADVERTISEMENTS WANTED - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD

TO SUBSCRIBE FOR FURTHER ISSUES - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD

TO REQUEST TO AUTHOR AN OPINION EDITORIAL - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD

THE IMPERIAL TIMES HIRING; SEEKING TWO ASSISTANTS - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​