The Holy Order Of The Shadows

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by indyfan98, Oct 1, 2018.

1. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Rumors have been spreading about an assassins guild, though most believe this to be just a rumor. However, some fear for their lives, checking what they have done to anybody, making sure they don't have a target on their back.

Unknown to them are the rules this guild abides by:

1) Protect and Serve the Empire

2) Protect the innocence

3) Never kill without a lawful writ of execution

4) Report to the guards upon faithful completion of your Writ of Execution

5) Seek to spread Unionism and its teachings

6) Protect the guild and its secrets

7) Shall one break these rules, they shall be hunted down without mercy

OOC:
    Basically, I've been playing Morrowind, and am fascinated about the Morag Tong. Especially the fact that they are legally sanctioned to perform assassinations. They are able to be seen as a force for good in the world.

So, you're probably wondering how to join. Answer is simple, prove you are skilled in the art of stealth. The guild will take notice. You will be contacted and will be offered a position in the new guild.

Now, the point of this guild isn't to kill the innocence. It's only to attack enemies to the Regalian state (i.e. vampires, heretics, traitors to the Regalian government, dangerous gang leaders, etc.). The point is to make people "disappear" so that no one knows what happened to them.

Of course, this guild is nothing without staff approval. It'd need to be sanctioned by the Regalian government to perform inside jobs. So, until then, this guild will not do much.

Also, this guild is a secret. There may be rumors, but your characters, unless specifically told about the guild, know nothing about it. There is no public announcement or any bulletins. Furthermore, I will leave it up to the staff as to whether this guild is allowed or not. I will disband it should it be disapproved of, or if it's redundant.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

Just an OOC note, fairly sure the city guard/government doesn't sanction assassinations. They're pretty illegal.

3. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Even for enemies of the state? They're the only people who'd be killed.

• Educated Educated x 1
  4. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Murder in any sense is illegal. The only legal way you could do it is if you got a contract from the government (city guard, council, Kades, etc.), but this rarely occurs if at all. This also rarely occurs since people don't like killing characters as that severely limits RP. With that said you can certainly go for it, it just isn't legal and could also be considered vigilantism.

Brush up on the laws here; https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Regalian_Law

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Salier

Salier M'Pope

I'm going to say what everyone else has already said. It's illegal to murder in Regalia - but honestly if an assassins guild is what you want, you could always make it an illegal organisation that is aligned with the Regalian government. One that murders and spies for profit FOR the government without them even sanctioning it.

Just an idea, good luck with the guild.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

The black hand was a thing so I dont see this being impossible.

7. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

yes but the black hand was also a staff made organization