The History Of Langthal's Chosen

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Vivamente, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

[​IMG]
    [The History of Langthal’s Chosen]
    Composed by
    Madam Sofia Kreiburg.

In the beginning, Diepold brought us into the light; he rooted us in Allenberg, west of Zahlenzweitel and slapped in the centre of Langthal. The name Kreiburg, as my studies indicate, comes from the two words ‘Krei’ meaning Circle and ‘Burg’ meaning castle. This is noted to have been a nod to the now ruined castle of Allenberg, a large circular structure with various fallen towers to the West. Our home was grand, even if it was but a small, humble town. To the North were the mines, hosting the riches that rose our family to power and to the East our pastures; standing even now. Our earliest history was the herds we tended on the hills of Allenberg, Diepold was known to be a simple man, a hunter in his early years and a shepherd in later life. He was succeeded by his sons Hans-Gerold and Sigmund, though no mother is ever mentioned in family records; word of mouth is all I have to work with. Sigmund worked in the mines, a man worthy of the praise he earned; my uncle first and foremost. He passed away in his late teens due to a tunnel collapse, though the small fortune he’d collected from the mines was enough to assist father in spurring to life mother’s interest in a jewelers store. It was commonly remarked to us that he’d won it for naught but two silver pieces and a bronze coin in a game of cards, though mother refuses to indulge in his tall tales.

Of course, the jewelers became a hit within the first few months of opening; the various ladies from nearby towns and villages I recall the early days of its conception and to be generous my six year old self apparently assisted in painting the basement. My younger brother Erwald was a herdsman like our father and his father before him, Spirit knows I miss him now, but I digress. When mother passed away, my husband and I were swift to take over the jewelers while my brother tended the fields and soon he produced fine cheeses along with supplying the butchers with our older livestock. It was a simple living, my husband Jürgen even achieved a ranking of aristocracy and was appointed representative of Allenberg and the surrounding villages. My young, my children carry on the legacy now; Frederich and Petra run the jewelers while Abelhardt tends to the fields with children of his own.

[​IMG]
    [The History of Langthal’s Chosen]
    A continuation by
    Sir Amory Edgar Kreiburg.
    Though history is spotty following the death of Sofia, I possess the ability to continue following my Great Grandfather’s life to the current generation we know of. Frederich Kreiburg, a soldier and father of three; my grandfather Diepold, his brother Franz and their sister Ophelia. Frederich was a soldier, a commander during the invasion of the mountain range on all sides following surrounding landed powers forcing their way in and attempting to taint the local culture. Frederich led some five thousand strong and civilians into the peaks of the mountains and opposed the attackers for ten long years before the Cantonal Government was founded by the order of Emperor Allestrain I. He died some years later, a happy man in his late sixties and went in his sleep; may the Spirit bless his soul.

Diepold II, husband of Ervina Kreiburg née Auclair; the founder of the Allenberg Scholars Society and owner of the Jewelers in the town. He was a prominent representative of Langthal as a whole, earning himself what we now call home; Castle Berghalle. His death was as swift as his life, widowing my grandmother and carrying on the family line through Diepold III, Godderik, Donatus and Adelaide Kreiburg; all of whom forced themselves into newer and branching lines of work due to the changing of times. Diepold III took the mantle of Representative of Langthal, his brother Godderik becoming a Regalian Military commander and Donatus Kreiburg continuing to raise goats in the family fields. Adelaide continued the jewelers due to her own fascination with the art. Each line now carries on with us, the seventh generation of House Kreiburg; now led by Theopold Kreiburg, son of Diepold III, Baron of Langthal.

May the Spirit smile on the past
    Sir Amory Edgar Kreiburg.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 1