The Highland Games

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by Femma, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Femma

Femma just a swede, really

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hosted by Royal Gallovian Court Governor Roselyne Howlester,
    In honor of the Sovereign Prince of Gallovia and the Royal Gallovian family,
    In celebration of the Highland Ceardian Culture,

The peerage and commoners both are cordially invited to attend to watch and/or compete in the Highland Games, offering a set of challenges originating from Highland Ceardian Cultures, for the brave and strong. And lastly after the games, a feast.

[​IMG]

Haggis Throwing
    The famous Highland dish by the name of Haggis, a true delicacy.
    Instead of eaten, the competitors shall throw it as far as possible whilst stood atop a whisky barrel. If the Haggis remains intact and edible, the task is complete. The one to throw the dish the furthest, wins.

This challenge originated from the tale of a woman bringing her working husband luncheon, tossing the Haggis to her hungering beloved where he was stood on the other side of the river.

Tossing the Caber
    In the caber toss, a full length log, usually made of pine, is stood upright and lifted by the competitor using both hands under the bottom of the caber to rest against their body. The competitor then runs forward, building momentum, before tossing the caber into the air so that it turns end over end with the upper end landing before the end originally held by the competitor follows through and hits the ground.

The aim is for the caber to land in line with the original run. If it is straight the toss is said to be in the 12 o'clock position. Competitors are judged on how closely their toss lands to 12 o'clock.

Tug o’war
    The tug o'war is one of the most fiercely fought over competitions at the Highland Games. This involves eight men pulling against another team of eight, coached by an additional member of the team who encourages the team and shouts instructions of technique to ensure they pull their opposite number across the line.

[​IMG]

The attendees are encouraged to indulge in the culture, to enjoy Highland Ceardian beverages and delicacies and perhaps even dress up in a traditional Highland attire.

OOC:
    when? 31st of August - 1st of September 6pm EST
    21st, Games
    22nd, Games and Feast.
    where? /tp rpevent
    Those who wish to participate in the challenges, please pen a letter to the High Steward Otto Bergmann @Infinatum
    All others are of course welcome.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #1 Femma, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. abberants

abberants hater of men

[A letter would arrive to Otto Bergmann]
    Dear High Steward Otto Bergmann,
    I wish to attend the fun and festivities, please.

Please let me have fun,
    Irene Vauclain

@Infinatum

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. The Unknown

The Unknown Regalian Noble

To Otto Bergmann,
    I would love to join in the festivities at the upcoming Highland Games, if you'll have me. I am not very strong, but the games sounds like good fun and I would love to take part.
    Best wishes,
    Aloma Rysha

@Infinatum

4. Tibertastic

Tibertastic Man of the People

A letter would reach Otto Bergmann,

To the High Steward, Otto Bergmann,

Sign me up.

Signed,
    Vulmar,
    Palace Duelist of the Imperial Court,
    Consul of the Regalian Empire in glorium,
    Past Marshal of the West,
    Past Grand Archduke of the Hinterlands, Protector of Brissiaud,
    Past Patriarch of the Noble House of Ravenstad,
    Past Helerian to the Supreme Reverend

5. Femma

Femma just a swede, really

Event postponed to the 21st and 22nd of September!