Archived The Guards Of Regalia

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomdorr

High Council member of The Algorian Empire
Reaction score
So my suggestion is to have guards made as a permanent thing, would it be possible for massivecraft to create a block to look like a guard? Instead of npc's because npc's would generate a tonne of lag, but if you create a block to look like a guard it would create a nice theme and give us something to use mid roleplay

Further idea's:
generate them from a cactus so if you get to close you take damage.

Have one generated from a dispenser so on command one can shoot like a regular dispenser.

Have them so that they could be crafted, with maybe a sword/bow depending on what purpose your making them but have a standard creation combination.

P.s I'm only talking about changing the textures on the blocks to look like guards, I've seen my brother do it so I know it's not too challenging!

*edit* make em two blocks high not just one block aha...

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
One block... They would be very short guards.

You could use sponges Or iron golems.

People have gone through this so much.
This is a RP Server, therefore using your imagination is in order. MonMarty has already previously stated to RP having 'Guards at every street', because it's the Capital of Aloria (In Human Race).
It's not hard to use your imagination.

It's like with the Tavern, I always RP as if there is a Inn keeper there, when it's empty, just to enhance the RP experience and keep it realistic.

Yes but the standard that people roleplay is not as good as it could be, the majority of people do not roleplay guards, you are roleplay staff yourself surely you have seen this. and I agree that people should but they just don't. My idea is simple and effective in both solving the problem that monmarty is having, I know this is more than a possibility because my brother actually found ways to change the textures of blocks. I don't think you understand how half the server are incapable using there imagination when it come to imaginary gaurds, and its so infuriating when you roleplay gaurds around and some noob goes like "wtf dude are you crazy there's no one there retard"
People have gone through this so much.
This is a RP Server, therefore using your imagination is in order. MonMarty has already previously stated to RP having 'Guards at every street', because it's the Capital of Aloria (In Human Race).
It's not hard to use your imagination.

It's like with the Tavern, I always RP as if there is a Inn keeper there, when it's empty, just to enhance the RP experience and keep it realistic.

One block... They would be very short guards.
Well in theory it would be two blocks high like a regular person, one half for feet and trousers and another for the body and head I will edit it in and make it more clear

Yes but the standard that people roleplay is not as good as it could be, the majority of people do not roleplay guards, you are roleplay staff yourself surely you have seen this. and I agree that people should but they just don't. My idea is simple and effective in both solving the problem that monmarty is having, I know this is more than a possibility because my brother actually found ways to change the textures of blocks. I don't think you understand how half the server are incapable using there imagination when it come to imaginary gaurds, and its so infuriating when you roleplay gaurds around and some noob goes like "wtf dude are you crazy there's no one there retard"

It's less of a problem, and more of a choice. People are new to RP on this server, so they don't usually focus on using so much imagination - These aren't the people this server revolves around.
It revolves around the active Role-players of this server, the ones that choose to put the effort in, get involved, get on the forums actively, that sort of thing. It's pointless trying to please the noobs because they don't contribute anyway.

I don't like the idea of changing a block's look to suit looking like a guard. What if someone on this server was using that block as a building material, they would then have a guard in there roof/wall or decoration. It sounds more realistic to lag up the server with NPC then change a texture to suit the smallest thing, that barely will solve anything; Not that I suggest that either.

All this would cause is, the noobs that you wanted to please, would then stand there, Role-playing killing the Guards or torturing them, or something.
or this -I would run around shrieking like a vampire, as the guard would just watch, standing still.-

Well in theory it would be two blocks high like a regular person, one half for feet and trousers and another for the body and head I will edit it in and make it more clear

Rating my comment Read More, because I rated yours that?
You sir, -facepalm- are immature.

Just use an existing NCP plugin... Regalia lags already so a bit more won't make a noticeable difference. It will also encourage people to disperse more to lower lag...

I remember MonMarty saying in his "The Great Lore Misconception" thread that: "In the future there will be actual guards, ran by players who hopefully know the rulebook on Regalian policing well." So in my opinion, as long as those guards are well trained, and not like the last bunch, there will be no need for NPC guards. But of course, we still have to wait for the new player guards.

Rating my comment Read More, because I rated yours that?
You sir, -facepalm- are immature.

You have totally misjudged the idea, and the fact that you have exaggerated the problem to be small is immature... Massivecrafts roleplaying side has much potential this idea simply allows it to be so. Massivecraft needs some crazy idea to gain popularity if you ain't got nothing nice to say stop posting

You have totally misjudged the idea, and the fact that you have exaggerated the problem to be small is immature... Massivecrafts roleplaying side has much potential this idea simply allows it to be so. Massivecraft needs some crazy idea to gain popularity if you ain't got nothing nice to say stop posting

I'm apparently not the only one that disagrees with your idea lad. You have more resisting forces then positive forces.
I have not 'misjudged' it, and you have made perfectly clear the idea, how-ever I'm sorry to say it's not a great one, and better off to the scrap board.
Additionally, using the world immature just because I've used it, in the wrong context, is bad sportsmanship.
This idea doesn't help anything, and I have clearly stated that in my points, this doesn't even help with 'popularity'.
Accept when you are wrong Lad, and don't get mad when others disagree with your ideas... Just think of better ones.

I'm apparently not the only one that disagrees with your idea lad. You have more resisting forces then positive forces.
I have not 'misjudged' it, and you have made perfectly clear the idea, how-ever I'm sorry to say it's not a great one, and better off to the scrap board.
Additionally, using the world immature just because I've used it, in the wrong context, is bad sportsmanship.
This idea doesn't help anything, and I have clearly stated that in my points, this doesn't even help with 'popularity'.
Accept when you are wrong Lad, and don't get mad when others disagree with your ideas... Just think of better ones.
I'm hardly mad. And I'm older than you. So please stop calling me lad. Just lock the thread and be done with it

I'm hardly mad. And I'm older than you. So please stop calling me lad. Just lock the thread and be done with it

You're requesting it locked sure?
But in the future, when you make a point - Don't just throw someones counter-points out the door. This leads to lack of productivity -
Brainstorming requires ideas from both sides and it seems the easiest way to have Guards in Regalia at this stage, is to have NPC of them, or to imagine they are there and point out to the Noobs that.

Status
Not open for further replies.