The Free Spirited House Of Playero

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Mad_Gadfly, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

[​IMG]

"Los trapos sucios se lavan en casa"
    "Dirty rags are washed at home"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Summary

House Playero is a Daendroque traditionalist family with origins dating back to the crime world of Hallonq. Over the last 40 years, the family has spread out in search of a better life than what the criminal hotspot can offer. The migration started when the family accumulated enough wealth to search for better living conditions in the tropical paradise of Solacia. Initially, the men of the family worked in the Solacian harbors and shipyards while the women worked as servants in the aristocrat’s vacation homes. Today, the family oversees a questionable dredging company that is secretly run by slaves and indentured servants.

The family has no patriarch, matriarch, or central authority structure, and they instead place a strong emphasis on individual development and cooperation between relatives for the benefit of the entire family. There is an unspoken understanding in the Playero family that one’s actions always reflect on the rest of the family, and that family should work together to strengthen the prestige of their name. The Playero name is a brand that they all agree to contribute to so that they may all benefit from it.
    [​IMG]
    Recent History

The current generation of House Playero is primarily situated in Girobalda and the Crown Isle, aside from their assets in Solacia. This is due to the most recent generation deciding to stay in the Regalian mainland following their studies, which they have been able to afford due to sponsorships from the Aristocratic families that the older generations continue to serve in Solacia. The new generation, though recently educated and equally as sly as their ancestors, is also considered to be the most insubordinate because they have completely separated themselves from their elders in Solacia.

Upon arrival at the Crown Isle, the family became involved in Regalian politics; however, this was purely on accident. Having testified against the alleged heresy of a particular house of the regalian nobility, House Playero became distinguished enough to be extended membership in the Holy Divine Inquisition. During this tenure, the brothers Isidoro and Xabi Playero served as legal counsel and information gatherers. Later called upon by the Chancellor to serve as informants, the brothers gradually became involved in sensitive affairs which landed the two on the wrong side of things. Betrayed by who they believed were close allies in the peerage, Isidoro was executed by the State. The Holy Divine Inquisition was formally disbanded, while the political momentum that Isidoro and Xabi Playero were able to generate from the circumstance propelled them to infamy. Because of this, the entirety of House Playero went into hiding for a long period of time. A State warrant was signed to capture Xabi, which has presumably led to his untimely disappearance.

Politically, House Playero endeavors to uphold Daendroque Traditionalism. Through the efforts of the current generation, the family has founded a library dedicated to the preservation of these values in order to spread Daendroque political thought to the Crown Isle, considering that it has decreased significantly in recent years. Recently having emerged from hiding, the family has once again embarked on their goal to fulfill the oath pledged to their ancestors in the name of Daendroque Traditionalism. Nevertheless, the political concerns once caused by Isidoro and Xabi still resonate with ramifications for the rest of the family. Armando Playero disappeared and was presumed to have been taken by rivals who still carry a grudge on the Playero name. The legal dispute behind this affair is the family’s current concern.
    [​IMG]
    Family Information
    • Full name: Playero Cofresi
    • Family Origins: Hallonq, Daenshore
    • Culture: Daendroque - Tolonne
    • Family Words: “Los trapos sucios se lavan en casa” - Dirty rags are washed at home.
    • Family Religion: No centralized religion
    • Political Inclination: Daendroque Conservatism
    • Values: Literacy, Deception, Liberty
    [​IMG]

Fun Facts
    • Prior to Isidoro’s death, House Playero was convicted of conspiring to violently overthrow the Lord Chancellor, and was forced into indentured servitude to the office of the Chancellery. The family was later tasked with the reclamation of Ceardia, but the operation eventually failed.
    • Theopold Kreiburg once warded House Playero to absolve Isidoro of crimes.
    • Despite their strong patriotism for the Daendroque, House Playero added Tolonne blood family upon arrival to Solacia.
    • It is said that Salvadora Playero makes the finest pastries in Solacia. Simone Playero claims her own pastries have surpassed her mother’s.
    • Armando Playero has been captured 6 times since arriving to Regalia.
    • After Xabi Playero uncovered an alleged plot by the Solifuge Coven to exact revenge upon Regalia for the burning of the Lich’s library, Xilthruum himself sent out a bounty for Xabi and his brother.
    • Rumor has it that Eloi Playero… doesn’t wear clothes?
    [​IMG]
    Played Characters

- Isidoro Playero (@Mad_Gadfly): "If you see something you don't like, then you have two options: either suck it up or don't. If you decide to suck it up, well, have fun and don't talk to me."

- Xabi Playero (@Kibaa): "Solacia... tropical weather, the wine. Void, that place is so sweet that it's sickening. What's the point of an easy, straightforward life?"

- Armando Playero (@tin77): TBA

- Eloi Playero (@Wilvahelm): TBA

- Simone Playero (@Hautee): TBA

- Florence Amaya (@Mad_Gadfly): TBA

- Manuel Flores (@AlysaPotato): TBA

- Gerralt Gem (@RadioMike99): TBA
    [​IMG]
    Application:

IGN:
    Timezone:
    Previous characters:
    Main Character sheet:
    Why you wish to join the family:

Proposed Character Concept:
    1. Relationship to the Family:
    2. Personality:
    3. Brief character description:
    Tag: @Kibaa

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 Mad_Gadfly, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

3. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

Please feel free to address any questions, concerns, comments, or anything else, to either myself or Gadfly! Constructive criticism is especially welcome.

Note that the application process is comparatively loose to that of other families merely for the sake of providing as much character freedom as possible. As an applicant, you are free to either create a character concept from scratch or consult with either of the family heads (or both of us) for inspiration, ideas, and more.

Huzzah!

4. tin77

tin77 The Tin Can Man

IGN: tin77
    Timezone: EST
    Previous characters: Joseph Marini, Za'har Desite
    Main Character sheet: Well, I hope this is okay:
    https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/joseph-marini-revised.32548/
    I've made an application for him two times but they don't count anymore because of how outdated they are. I need to get back on that sometime.
    Why you wish to join the family: Something different for a guy who's kept to the same type of rp forever, plus it'd be fun to do it with you guys.
    1. Relationship to the Family: A close cousin. This is flexible though.
    2. Personality: A curious man who can't help but be paranoid about matters surrounding him. Struggles to work hard because he fails to understand what he wants out of life but still wants to be of assistance within the family. Tries to keep things light as a means to hide his own failure to cope with stress. Wants to stay true to the idea that he is easy-going but lets things take hold of him. Never knows what to make of others.
    3. Brief character description: Name would be Armando. Tall, fit but the strongest in the world. Dark hair, dark eyes, tries to use a clean appearance to make a good first impression.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

We love you so you're instantly approved.

6. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

Welcome to Casa Playero!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. The_Grosskomtur

The_Grosskomtur

Application:

IGN: Weaponcraft
    Timezone: AEST
    Previous characters: Mikkel Bjornsen
    Main Character sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/mikkel-bjornsen.81333/
    Why you wish to join the family: Have been thinking of making a Daen since I've joined Massive
    Proposed Character Concept: Thaen "The Daen": The thieving, dashing rogue type, typical of a family coming from Hallonq. Loyal to the family and to their progression but still a rascal.
    1. Relationship to the Family: Close cousin or even distant, whatever works for you guys
    2. Personality: Thaen is an adventurous, charming, persistent and sociable individual but not without his flaws, with being mischievous and sarcastic but also impulsive and vulgar.
    3. Brief character description: Thaen is a reasonably average daendorque man, with almond-shaped hazel eyes, shaved short brown hair, an athletic build of 6 feet in height, his garments relatively dark and covering. His expression is usually one of untold curiosity and a smirk and relatively extroverted amongst others.
    I've purposely kept this vague in an effort to hopefully be able to change things in my final char sheet and modify him to what y'all have in mind.

Tags: @Mad_Gadfly, @Kibaa

8. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Hello! Roleplaying a Daendroque has been one of the best experiences in my time on MassiveCraft, and after some deliberation with @Kibaa, we've decided to give you an opportunity to see what it's like. We were a little concerned that you might be a bit new, but we're going to accept your application for trial, meaning that we will see how you do for a couple of days/a few weeks before permanently accepting you. If at the end of the trial period you are not permanently admitted into the family, you will still be allowed to keep your character as a bastard. As a bastard, you will have the opportunity to be legitimized as a member of the family through IC means.

Thank you so much for your interest!

9. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

10. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Part 1 of 2 of updates complete. Will finish updating later.

11. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

IGN: Goldifish
    Timezone: CST
    Previous characters: A lot. My main is currently Adelaide du Kirsch
    Main Character sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/adelaide-the-stoic.77813/
    Why you wish to join the family: for fun and because I haven't played a Daen in a while.
    Proposed Character Concept: I will happily discuss this with you on discord! I want this concept to stay secret for a bit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Greenie

Greenie As Useless As SupremeCripple's Legs

yall gonna bring back the protectorate or what

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

if that’s what the people want yes

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  14. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

After deliberation with @Kibaa, we have decided to approve this application.

15. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

IGN: MrNoot1
    Timezone: CST or 1 Hour behind EST
    Previous characters: William Alexander, Crassius Carwell, Benjamin Syldove, Damian Petris, ect.
    Main Character sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/crassius-carwell-v2.84271/
    Why you wish to join the family: After reading the recent thread that Kibaa posted, I decided that the idea of a joining a family that strives for so much is quite impressive and interesting.

1. Relationship to the Family: Cousin
    2. Personality: Head-Strong, Bold, Short Tempered, Cold, Humorous
    3. Brief character description: A middle-aged Daen man who was trained within the School of Turall to become a ruthless fighter, using all of his hate that he was given when he was growing up to be used as a deadly weapon. His hatred for others, mostly thoughs of Unionist belief, due to not being as faithful as others. This pushed him to turn to Void Worship and become a devoted man to the chaotic faith. He publicly speaks of being of Unionist faith, but privately and secretly goes out of his way to practice Void Worship.

16. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

@Kibaa and I talked about it and we decided to approve this application for a trial period. Hit me up on discord so that I can add you to the family chat.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. Wilvahelm

Wilvahelm The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Is House Playero still accepting? This thread has peaked my interest in more politically-drive roleplay.

18. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Yes! Despite the death of my Playero character, @Kibaa and I still run the family and will make sure that it remains active. There are more than enough Playeros still alive.

19. Wilvahelm

IGN: Wilvahelm
    Timezone: AEST
    Previous characters: A current character I have going is Sebastien Delecluze. Some past characters (I'm talking years ago) are Leonard Amsel and Django Ceslo, along with some others that I'm blanking on the names of.
    Main Character sheet: That is Sebastien Delecluze and it's in my signature.
    Why you wish to join the family: I've been toying with the idea of playing a Daen character for a little while, particularly a politically-driven character. That is why Playero would be a good fit, as it is currently the premiere Daendroque Jacobinist family.

Proposed Character Concept: My proposed name for this character would be Eloy Playero.
    1. Relationship to the Family: Another close cousin. My thoughts are that this character can be a brother of one of the current cousins that are already accepted into the family. I don't have any specific preference.
    2. Personality: Relatively easy-going, based off his experiences growing up. This makes him very sociable, to the point that he is characterised as a romantic and pensive. Towards people he loves and trusts (which definitely includes family) he is very sensitive. However, there is a darker side to him. For those who he does have care and empathy for, it is the extreme opposite for 'others', he deems his enemies or his families enemies.
    3. Brief character description: Eloy would be in his early 20s. Young, fit and good at unarmed combat (self-taught). Eloy is a decent pick-pocket too, with seasoned experience in the criminal underworld. Despite this, Eloy is very thoughtful and political. He claims that his criminal behaviour is not at random, but rather targeted with altruistic purposes in mind (though he picks his targets very carefully). Eloy has a fanatical nostalgia and support for the days of the Anahera Dictatorship in the Archipelago. His goals are to right-the-wrongs and restore some semblance to what Andrieu Anahera attempted to implement during his brief stint in power. For these reasons, he has an immense hatred for the Kade Family and extreme admiration for anything from the Anahera period. This includes a brick he scavenged following the siege on Tyrian Castle, the last Anahera hold-out towards the end of the war. That now sits in a glass-case in his residence.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

With everything that's been going on, a new applicant to the family is incredibly refreshing to see. I understand Silent has been guiding you through the process and as such, I see no reason to speculate. You have a lot of roleplay experience, so after speaking with Silent we have decided to accept Eloy! Welcome aboard.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  21. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

Application:

IGN: Hautee
    Previous characters: Vivienne av Haagensen is my current character.
    Main Character sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/vivienne-av-haagensen.85348/ boop
    Why you wish to join the family: I'd love to join House Playero because of how interesting it looks and whilst I was reading all the information I saw it was a Daen house and was even more interested. I've never played a Daen so I'd love to experience playing a Daen. I'd also love to join the House just for an opportunity to meet new people and roleplay with new people from the house.
    Proposed Character Concept: Female named Simone Playero who is about 19-24 years old(Imma figure it out soon) born with magic and skilled in using a dagger, using her hands/fists/legs, and dancing.
    1. Relationship to the Family: Sibling or Cousin (Whatever works!)
    2. Personality: Supportive, Vicious, Alluring, Freethinker, Caring, etc.
      • Simone can be described as a caring, supportive, vicious young lady.
      • To her family, she loves them all, but gets concerned for their well being at times and often fears for their safety. If a family member where to get in trouble, she'd support them no matter what and always take their side and not listen to the other side(s). Simone cares deeply for her family and makes sure that they are safe.
      • Simone does not tolerate people treating herself or her family members poorly. She probably ends up assaulting them via kicking, slapping, punching, etc.
      • When Simone isn't out dancing or doing other things, she remains at home and does various things such as read, write, cook, bake, and etc.
      • Simone is alluring as a woman. From the long, black locks to her slim body and revealing outfits. Simone dazzles and wears revealing clothing, earrings, and various jewelry that ranges from necklaces, bracelets, rings, and etc. Simone is slim and has very low body fat because of her dancing. She can dance for several hours before stopping.
      • Simone carries a knife on her at all time that is sheathed and hidden.
      • Simone loves to dye her hair!
      • Simone has a rose tattoo on her arm.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

Spoke with you over discord and discussed with gadfly. All green flags. Approved.

Welcome to Casa Playero!

23. RadioMike99

RadioMike99

IGN: Gerralt Gem
    Timezone: Eastern Time Zone
    Previous characters: This was my first character, but since then I have had three other characters approved and I play each of them every week to keep them involved.
    Main Character sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/gerralt-gem-the-red-death.85025/
    Why you wish to join the family: I wish to officially join the family as an advisor to the Playero family and help them on all future matters both in progression and in-character. Shadowing under Isidoro showed Gerralt a lot in the way of noble families, the law, and other common scenarios a family may find themself in under noble Regalian rule.
    1. Relationship to the Family: Close friend/Advisor
    2. Personality: Solitary, rough around the edges, likes the hookah, and is very loyal to those he is close with.
    3. Brief character description: Gerralt is a solitary individual and was only brought out of his shell when he met Isidoro. After, shadowing Isidoro for a short time he learned a lot and has gained confidence when speaking with noble families or anyone that is an adversary to the Playero name. Near the end of Isidoro and Gerralt's relationship, they had a close friendship and shared the ideals that Isidoro ended up dying for. He is now tasked to protect the Playero family name and make sure it survives for centuries to come.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

This is approved since the relationship developed IC.

25. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

Thread has been updated. Now accepting applications again.

• Winner Winner x 2
  26. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

- Added Florence Amaya as a family member due to his marriage to Simone Playero (now Simone Amaya).

27. HeyItzAPotato

HeyItzAPotato rip me out the plastic Premium

IGN: 33rdPanZe (Will be changed back to HeyItzAPotato on Feburary 2nd)
    Timezone: EST
    Previous characters:
    Alla
    Vanora
    (both of them are still alive lmao)
    Main Character sheet: Taeron
    Why you wish to join the family: I need another character because my other two are stuck between a rock and a hard place and I main Taeron too much. Also Wil suggested that I join you guys.
    Mariona Playero
    1. Relationship to the Family: Armadno and Eloi Playero's younger sister (?)
    2. Personality: Mariona would be a trickster growing up among her two older brothers. Ever since she was young she had always been the over-the-top kind of person. She speaks her mind and doesn't hold back on how she feels (can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you see it), but she also knows when to keep her mouth shut. Mari is also short-tempered and isn't afraid to fight- no matter who the opponent is.
      Mariona (Mari) is a strong-willed, short-tempered 23 year old girl. She tends to spend her free time messing with Alchemy and her Sorcery powers (which she uses for the wrong reasons, obviously). She also sings and plays guitar a bit as it was something she picked up in her childhood.
      Mariona's feelings on her family vary from person to person, though she loves them all almost the same. Her brothers will always hold a special place in her heart above all of the others.
      Mari is very pretty. Her hair is dark brown/almost black. She has beautiful dark brown eyes. She tends to keep herself covered up, as she is a bit insecure about her body shape. She has a bit of chub here and there which makes her upsetti spaghetti (but yes character arc about accepting herself or something idk)
      Mariona never seen a need for a weapon, so she fights with her fists.

• Winner Winner x 2
  28. Wilvahelm

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. BertToast

BertToast Tomato Cat

IGN: Berternie
    Previous characters: Amalia Mercante
    Main Character sheet: Amalia Mercante
    Why you wish to join the family: I haven’t played many evil characters in the past and I thought playing a member of the Playero family would push me out of my comfort zone. I also love causing chaos and the Playeros seem to stir the pot wherever they go.
    Proposed Character Concept: Reselda “Zelda” Playero
    1. Relationship to the Family: Eloi’s somewhat estranged sister
    2. Personality: ESTJ. Rational and honest, Reselda is a straight shooter who never lets emotions cloud her judgement. She is grounded and loyal to the people she loves and will stop at nothing to protect her family. She has a keen understanding of social norms and sometimes cares too much about her reputation for her own good. She has a hard time being vulnerable, but will open up to people she is close to.
    3. Brief character description: Young Daendroque woman in her mid-20s. Neutral Evil vibes. Unlike her siblings, Reselda never got involved in crime or politics. Instead, she spent her youth studying medicine, eventually leaving home to learn at the Halctus Academy in Daenshore. Upon returning to her hometown, she married and lived a quiet life as a physician and became a respected member of her community. However, one day her husband disappeared mysteriously and though she was never convicted, the townspeople came to believe that Reselda had killed him. She became a social pariah and her clinic went underwater. Her reputation in shambles and with no means to support herself, she moved to Regalia to live with her siblings. She bears a striking resemblance to her older brother, Eloi, except with more feminine features and a smaller stature.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  30. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤