The Fault In Our Eyes

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by uwuMaple, May 20, 2021.

1. uwuMaple

uwuMaple arf :3

“You can’t decide which side remains, Triss. You love people along with their flaws, not in spite of them.”​

Those words... How true were they? Life presents you with the best and the worst of someone, a side so loveable and a side one can only hate. How can you not decide?

And- why else would two exist? Months of trying to save him... Months of begging him to get help. Months of trying - and failing - to mold him into a shape he simply would not fit into.

Now, all of a sudden, the side I prayed every night existed comes to life. Shows me what I had hoped for wasn’t all in vain. Surely that had to be a sign, no?

Was it a selfish desire? Maybe? But... It’s for the greater good of all, too. And, maybe.. even the best for himself. After all...

Rest is all he’s ever asked for.

-x-​

Do you prefer him?” Erwin asked, voice stern as ever.

The street was eerily quiet, the silence broken only by the rustling of leaves and the heated talk at hand. Darkness was settling upon Oldtown as Erwin stared at Triss. A fated conversation Triss knew would come.

“I do,” came Triss’ curt reply, her amber eyes peering into Erwin’s. “He was so, so kind. I almost cried when he left.”

Another moment of quiet. Erwin shifted a bit, one arm still in a sling from another Erwin-happening. His face contorted in a bit of an internal struggle, but no other hints of it were given.

“Hm. Noted...” he replied, tone not wavering in the slightest. “Regardless, he is slated for execution. And if not him, then me.”

A long silence followed, begging to be broken, granted by the sound of steel leaving the Tenpenny’s boot sheath. Violet armor rattled, broken rings shattering to the ground as the blade pierced the skin underneath.

The Nelfin dropped to a knee as she looked to Erwin, crimson ichor staining over violet cloth. The sound of metal hitting stone echoed throughout the street as her spear fell to the side. Triss' left hand gripped at the Tenpenny's dagger blade embedded in her side, her gloves soaking in her blood.

Why did you stab me, Erwin?

• Winner Winner x 11
    #1 uwuMaple, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2023