Archived The Expiration Of Deadbolts

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecharic

I'm tempermental, deal with it.
Reaction score
Faction
Al'Darub
Roleplay Guilds
Emerald Alliance
So, as we all know, Deadbolts expire and unlock after 20 days of player inactivity. I feel this is not the most optimal nor the most Role Play-able manner in which they could expire. My suggestion is simple: have deadbolts expire after CHEST inactivity, not player inactivity. Perhaps have a warning 10 or 5 days beforehand (sent in the mail, perhaps with cords?) if possible, if not then it is up to players to remember when their chests expire.

RP wise, this makes sense because chests left abandoned rot, locks rust away and can be picked, and of course, keys can be found or stolen. Over time, an inactive chest becomes less safe.

Game Wise, this would finally solve the 'wilderness chest' and 'faction member left chest' problems. Since the chests expire after inactivity, they can be removed by players passing through the wilderness and finding them, or they can be removed by faction members doing clean up. Since it gives 20 days to claim the chest, this seems fair enough to me.

For those who say that they keep chests for long term storage, all you need to do it open it once every 20 days.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this would be a good idea, but the warning would be impossible to add.

I like the concept of inactivity, but I think it would be too much to code right now. I will throw it into the approved section since I believe I did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.