The Delacroix Address

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Wumpatron, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

cockerel.jpg

The follow is a written response by the now Nicolas Delacroix, following his disownment from House d'Eluise by the Duchess Madeleine d'Eluise following her discovering and revealing that he had self castrated himself, thus rendering him unmarriageable.

My name was Nicolas d'Eluise. As a majority of you are aware this is no longer the case. I lay any rumors to rest in this address. Yes, the Duchess Madeleine d'Eluise has disowned me from the House d'Eluise. Yes, the grounds for this are due to my self castration. This is not rumor, but truth, I have rendered myself incapable of producing children, thus proving myself to be useless to the political endeavors of the d'Eluise. I now speak on my own behalf. No, I did not receive pleasure from doing so. No, I am not a void worshipper. No, I am not a homosexual. As a male member to a Matriarchal family I understood that I would hold no titles. My offspring would hold no titles. My offspring's offspring would hold no titles. With that as the case the only reason for my existence was to be as a political tool. To be wed with another family to further my own. I refuse to be a pawn in this political game. So I have made myself an independent entity, incapable of being used politically thus resulting in my immediate disownment. I hold no titles, no lands, no property. Should I gain any I will have no heirs to pass it onto. I now declare the formation of the House Delacroix. This is a reflection to my present situation. Our words are "By Any Means Necessary." Our sigil is the cockerel. More specifically, the capon, the castrated cockerel. Like the cockerel, even in death I will continue to fight. "By Any Means Necessary." Cut my head off and I will live further. My name is Nicolas Delacroix and I welcome this new reality. So salutations to the peerage, this is only my beginning.

The newly formed sigil of the cockerel adorns the bottom of the address.

OOC: Every detail is public knowledge. The disownment, the castration, this address, all of it known if you choose to.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. fuithlug

fuithlug slaps pie+

A private letter would find itself to Nicolas and read the following:

Good luck, sounds like you'll need it. Our doors are always open to the eccentric, mavericks and misfits.

-A. de Santigo.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Juliette stumbled across the letter and sneered for a moment, she hadn't a clue what he meant by 'castration', but she assumed it was bad if it needed disowning. Her fingers tapped at her side as she throughly before turning and making off. A letter would later be stuck under the original that read;

Dear Nicolas Delacroix,

While I have no clue what this means, and I wish you don't explain, I wish the best of luck and the notice that I'm always available if you need to talk to someone.
    Well, most of the time.

Spirit Bless,
    Julie V.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

A letter would be returned:

To the Santigo,

I require no luck. Luck is but a construct formed by fools who lack the means to fulfill their aspirations. Make no mistake, I am not this eccentric you think me to be. While I may be this misfit I am not the common street urchin who bares the common term. All the same your sympathies are accepted an noted. I wish good health to your family and I trust we shall be meeting in the future as events transpire.

Spirits Blessings,

Nicolas Delacroix
    Lord of None

5. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

A small note would be left below the response:

To the Lady V.

Your sympathies are noted and appreciated. I require none to speak of my misfortunes to. I wish you and your family good health and prosperity, whomever the V. family signifies.

Spirits Blessings,

Nicolas Delacroix

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

A messenger boy would run up to Nicolas and gift him a letter from a particular Norrvakt

Really... a rooster, out of everything you could have chose you liked a rooster for your sigil.

-Baird Norrvakt

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TutiDias

TutiDias General Vladislav Marknid

Such bravury! He has balls of steel.

Or maybe not

• Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Femma

Femma just a swede, really

As the Coen read over the letter by the breakfast table, sipping on her morning tea, she almost choked on it, coughing and screeing in shock, any other Coen sitting by the table sending her curious glances. Then she read the letter again. And again. "Mon esprit, Nicolas.."

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

Kaya Sorenvik could only grin as she read over it, peering at the sigil. "A cock. Seems like its missin ' somethin' though. Ha!"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SpinSpinDizzy

SpinSpinDizzy Ithanian, Candlehead, and Gold-Eye.

To the dishonorable Delacroix,

You are a fool, and a masochist. You serve one purpose in a family, and that is to further it. You marry, you produce, you die. And so should the offspring, and the offspring's offspring. That is the role of any family member with no titles to bear. You live, love, and die for your family. You are a pathetic execuse for a man.

With disgust, R. Celyreos.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. AtticCat

Woah

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SpinSpinDizzy

SpinSpinDizzy Ithanian, Candlehead, and Gold-Eye.

Blame her parents

13. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

To the ever so accurate Celyreos,

Your views are quite true for the majority. However, unlike other untitled, I have far greater aspirations for myself. I live and die by my own means. A fool? Perhaps, my actions are not logical, but logic is dictated by those who sit idle, not wishing to better themselves. A masochist? No, perhaps I am not the only fool. I know it may be hard for those with simple minds to comprehend, but I received no such pleasure from my acts. Sexual pleasure is a weakness of man and as you so greatly pointed out I am a pathetic excuse of one. Many argue that I am not even a man. So as a monster I send my regards to yourself and your family. Spirits blessings and good health to you all until you all shall perish. Live, love, and die for your family.

Sincerely,

Nicolas Delacroix
    A Pathetic Excuse For A Man

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

Worm,

Tear this notice down. Spare the common folk your pitiful story of self-loathing. I have no interest in you parading yourself around like a crippled horse, I should have shot you down years ago.

Madeleine d'Eluise,
    Duchess of Saint-Germain Montrelet,
    Confidante of the Edelweiss Order,
    Overseer of the Germaine & Co Jewellers,
    Owner of the d'Eluise gem mines.

15. AntonVoron

AntonVoron [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Money Man [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Posted beside the original article, would lay a message, pinned with an iron nail, and stamped with the wax seal of the High Reverency of Regalia.

Delacroix,

Your decimation of your own Spirit given body, goes beyond your own interpretation of 'political martyrdom', but borders heresy. You are an unmarried man, so it is safe to assume you have /no/ children. No way of truly progressing the Great Way forwards, and truly contributing to the Humanum's great path. The act of childbirth is our primary means of serving the Great Way, for it allows those who have fallen before us, a gateway into a life of Humanum, and opportunity to atone, and achieve a seat in the Everwatch.

Your castration is evidence of your great greed, and selfishness. You /deny/ those who have achieved a chance at Humanum, the right to be born. You have /disgraced/ your service to the Great Way, and in your act, you have hindered /all/ Humans, in their great future. The Creeds read, "All must also contribute to each other’s Great Way." If you have progressed us back by an inch, perhaps less, in the Grand Scheme of things, it matters not.. What matters is that we all must strive, all must play our role, or the Great Way forgoes its meaning. In your selfish want for title, and Divine right, you have ruined your life... You have ruined your chances... You have cursed yourself highly, to a fallen state upon your own death, "tormented to live life again as a lesser being to have a second chance at proving they deserve to be Humanum." In the words of Holy Theomar. Simply, to avoid your circumstances, you may have found it easier to simply cast down your name, live a life outside of your previous kin.. Instead this..

Though "It is not hatred we should harbor for those who have lost the way." I pity you Delacroix. I truly do. Perhaps a sacrifice of great proportion could save your soul from a fallen state? Though this is for the Spirit to decide. You must cast off all spite you hold, for those who have disowned you. You must think only of the Spirit. You must love the Spirit, love Humanum, and put your own, now worthless body, in harms way, to protect others. Now you cannot create a doorway for the fallen to enter, you must protect a doorway which has already been opened. Save as many as you can, join a clinic. Serve in the wars to come. Only then, can you prove your soul worthy of the next leap. Though a leap it will be... For what you have done, is hard to forgive. Though forgive we must.

Everwatch Guide you,
    High Reverend of the Faith,
    Religious Councilman,
    & Divine Regent of the Law Council,
    Médard Eurlon Ravenstad I.

@Wumpatron

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. AtticCat

rekted

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

High Reverend,

Thank you for your words. I am aware of my sins to the Spirit and the Great Way. In my selfishness I have committed crimes that are not so easy to redeem. My actions I took were in a moment of weakness, of self doubt and confusion. These actions have transpired a great many months ago and only now have been made known. In self loathing I have lived. All of my present actions I do in the name of the Spirit and Humanum. If my body truly is worthless as you so wisely speak then so be it. If my own self destruction will further the Great Way and Humanum so be it. On the day of my disownment I had a revelation Reverend. I have no reasons to be selfish nor greedy as any wealth and power I acquire will be extinguished immediately prompting my death. No heirs, no need for frivolous trinkets men kill over. Should I find myself able to acquire such I will do what is necessary. For with such power means more means to further the Great Way. Though I may not be able to do so in my existence, so I shall do so with my means. As a worthless being I will do what is necessary. Your forgiveness is noted and welcomed. These sins will haunt me for all my days, but through the Spirit I will protect the opened doorway. I promise this much.

Nicolas Delacroix
    Selfish, Disgraced, Worthless

#17 Wumpatron, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  18. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

My dear beloved sister,

How kind of you to address a worm such as myself. Quite the contrary, my intensions were not to parade myself around. In fact my public interactions have been in the name of the crown, so seeing myself as seeking sympathy is quite the contrary. Is my story truly one to be pitied? I suppose that my existence is quite pitiful, given my worm self. It is of no concern to me what the public perception of me is. Perhaps you should have shot me down years ago, spare the masses the existence of such a disgraceful being as I am. Send me to the asylum where I would rot. However, now is not the time for hate and resentment dear sister. There is much to be done in furthering the cause of our Empire and the Great Way. I will do my part, now what of you?

Nicolas Delacroix
    The Worm

19. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Eventually Dietrich made his way to the many papers growing onto the notice board about the Delacroix. Skimming some that he cared about, he eventually paused a moment. After what seemed to be an instant, he shook his head and went on his way, muttering one word before striding out of earshot:

"Ithanians..."

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. AtticCat

What's that suppose to mean

21. fuithlug

fuithlug slaps pie+

alvaro would like nic 10x more if he made all these letters public xoxoxo

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. kudzzy

kudzzy Refugee

One Pierre Lacroix simply winces at the thought of such a painful and unnecessary act upon one's self, before penning a letter politely asking the first two letters of Delacroix be made more prominent, so as to avoid any confusion.He then proceeds to wonder if writing and sending such a letter was a trial-worthy offense

23. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

The only public letters would be the ones posted directly to the board in which case the accompanying responses would be placed there, otherwise all letters were sent to the respective senders of the initial ones.~

24. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Should a letter reach the Delacroix a response would be along the lines of "You needn't worry of your name. It is clear that my existence has already caused a stir towards myself alone." followed by other fluff and metaphors