The Death Of The Banshee And The Aftermath

Discussion in 'Progression Events' started by MonMarty, Nov 9, 2014.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The morning after the events on the closing ball of the Harvest festival made it apparent that the events which were seemingly isolated in Regalia, rippled throughout the entire world of Aloria. News quickly spread on traveler's roads from Drowda. Many would recount the tale told by the Hold elder Mervellen:

"I was in my chamber, writing in the annals of the Tuvindorim Hold on the South wall of the Watchful. All of a sudden, my room was lit with the most unnatural blue light, stronger than the candles, yet it did not come from within. As I peered around, holes in the walls which had been made by past attacks from the void lings sprayed light all over my room, and I could hear the fearful cries of my Hold's people below in the lower halls. Fearing another attack, I rushed onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard, only to be blinded by a bright light all around me. It was at this moment I looked up at the sky and saw the most radiant blue light fill the sky. The dark thunderous clouds that had always made our land as dark as our skins had dissipated, instead leaving behind blue Telume, the most beautiful sight my aging eyes had ever been laid upon. Beneath my people feared, as they had never seen the true blue sky, yet I looked down upon them as the mother of this hold. As tears came from my eyes, I knew this was an omen of victory for my people."

Further to the North east, beyond the New Ceardian continent, fishers told the tales of the lands of which beauty they had never laid eyes on. Fishers of the Frozen passage had always known not to pass over the middle sea line, as the storms beyond would rip their ships apart with unnatural force. On this day however, one fisher in particular witnessed the unfolding of the waves:

"I had drawn too close to the middle sea line, and my ship was assailed by blizzards and ice from all sides. I believed I was certainly dead by the Emperor's mercy, until the howling winds suddenly abruptly died down with a chilly and bone freezing cry carried across the sky. Yet the cry died down, and so did my ship stop rocking back and forth. I stood up on the deck, wondering what grace had saved me, and by his divine will, I was the first to lay eyes on the vast frozen expanse. What greeted me was a shoreline of pristine brilliance, the ice and snow reflecting the sunlight. It was like looking into a jar filled with the most brilliant diamonds as the peaks shone and sparkled. When I reached the harbor back safe and sound, I already heard whispers of adventurers making their way to the Frozen Expanse, intent on finding what riches and other unknown things had been hidden for us so many centuries."

Not all was brilliance and sunshine however, at least not literally. It was that day as if the sun shone more radiant than ever, and who else to notice but the Qadir of Farah'deen, it was their Shambala faith of the sun that drew messages out of this great event. The sun had granted the Qadir the great omen they were waiting for, at least they thought so. The Sultan in Qadiriyye summoned the Bashanaar, and the drums of war were signaled. On the coast of Faradh and Shatiffique, hundreds of galleys and Xebeqque's gathered, filled with the slave armies of the Qadir as the crimson red masts filled the oceans to the west, setting sail to unknown shores for the destiny promised to them by the sun.

As with any great event in the world Aloria, it heralded change. These changes would make some great fortunes, while it spelled the demise for others. Within Regalia, the diet was summoned once more as all religious figures hurried back to the Imperial Palace. There were whispers of magic, whispers of the Azure Order losing hold on the mages now that fear for the void had sank into the metaphorical stone. The state now controlled the source of all their worries, and they gained the boldness to want to control it.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

A war between the Ailors and the Qadir? A new age for mages, an age of freedom or slaughter? An icebound land open to the world. What an age to be alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

All this happened and Phon died just less than a week before it.

T'is was a bad decision.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Leugel Viduggla was hearing many reports, some so bizarre they could't be real while others were very reliable. Yet one highly concerned him. The Sultanate were on the move and what a move it was. They apparently thought the Sun was promising them something and it was said over two-thirds, maybe even their whole army, was moving on the Great Middle Sea on all types of ships. Leugel sighed. What would his parents have thought? What would they have done in his position? The world was changing so much and if him and his people couldn't adapt, well, it would all be over.

5. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves?

There ain't nothing dat feeble old man could do but die even more.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Phon_Senajan

Phon_Senajan Out there ON the sun

I wanna be a diehard tho D:

7. A'mika

A'mika Going to approve my char A'mika and then do this,

Part 1: Drowda WHAT, now? People! I know that ships are going everywhere, but still, tell the Drowdar to maybe consider a rescue mission for Estel. It's just that huge.
    Part 2: Does this mean... Jorrhildr?! ((Edited because of below comment: Or whatever this ice land may be))
    Part 3: More war? *Groan*... But that might also mean... Farah'deen. In which case pt. 1 may mean... Drowda.
    Part 4: And the people guarding the magic are flipping out... ohfrick. Ohfrick. Ohfrick. Don't... even... think... about... it!
    You're not-so-subtly suggesting that the Azure Order may try to break the statue out of prison to keep people scared of the void. If they do... ohfrick. Oh, frick.

I wouldn't mind if some of these guesses are correct. After all, they do make sense, and they're all either good things or really story-moving.
    I hope all involved are sane and have a happy winter season.
    (Hah, like that's ever going to happen.)

#7 A'mika, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  8. Bensonio

Bensonio Nordskag Enthusiast

Jorrhildr is accessible, that's not what the frozen passage was blocking

9. Party_Penguin27

Party_Penguin27 exactly 43.5 various checkbooks

ELSA STHAP FREEZING THE OCEAN OVER GAWD

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arvallon

Arvallon Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë

What about the obsidian monster back in old Ceardia? (just wondering)

11. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach The World's First Sentient Fruit

I seem to remember seeing an old map of what Aloria was planned to look like and there was a large Ice expanse in the top corner of the map. (I'm guessing this is the same as discovered here) Jorrhildr is already asscessible because we have Thylans and Urs which are supposed to originate from there.

Also am I the only person hoping we have a war with the Qadir?

12. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Going off what he said, if you go to the wiki and type "Geography" into the searchbar, you will find a new map of Aloria that shows The Great Northerne Expanse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Crugnor

Crugnor Wallpaper Enthusiast

If Drowda's sky's cleared and a new frozen land's been revealed, then what happened to Ceardia? Is the island still dangerous, or are the obsidian tentacles enveloping Ceardia gone now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Silent_Ruler

Silent_Ruler Scrapper.

Mm, I'm not sure, but it would make sense for these tentacles to disappear as the Archdemon is currently not sentinent inside the statue (From what I gather soul magical soul transfers into inanimate objects would do). Perhaps Ceardia should reopen as an entirely new world that was left as a wasteland with ruins and such by the tentacles? And the continent having new uncovered secrets revealed from early humans/races because of the torn mountains, mudslides, floods, and more?

It could have an entirely different and new landscape, and a justified one too.

@Kiba Araqnuibo

• Agree Agree x 2