The Commoner's Assembly | Commoner Office

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by AtticCat, May 7, 2021.

1. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

The Commoner’s Assembly
    [​IMG]
    The Commoner’s Assembly is a bi-weekly meeting held by the Commoner Executive wherein citizens may proclaim concerns and needs. These concerns will then be brought to the relevant ministries or officials for review. Afterward a summary of all proposals and their outcomes will be posted in a public report.

I. Protocol

Speakers, Backers, & Adversaries
    ● Speakers are recommended to only make one (1) proposal per Commoner’s Assembly.
    ● Backers & Adversaries must not speak unless called upon, but can back or fight multiple proposals.

Spectators
    ● Interrupting speakers when not called upon is grounds for removal from the assembly.
    ● Rowdiness is grounds for removal from the assembly. Serious infractions will result in being barred from airing complaints at future assemblies.
    ● Spectators are expected to remain seated during proceedings.
    ● Spectators should remain quiet in addition to not interrupting speakers.

Nobility
    ● There is no preferential seating for nobility.
    ● Nobles may not make proposals, but they can back a commoner’s proposal.

II. Bodies of the Commoner’s Assembly

Commoner Executive — The current Commoner Executive is Szaralaszotl.
    State Representatives —Any member of government spectating during the assembly. They may be called upon to provide input on proposals or question speakers.
    Speakers — During proposals, these are the only members of the Commoner’s Assembly permitted to speak save for questions from State Representatives or the Commoner Executive.
    Backers — These are the supporters of a proposal. They stand behind speakers during their proposal but don’t speak unless called upon.

Adversaries— These are the opponents of a proposal. They stand behind speakers during their proposal but don’t speak unless called upon.
    Spectators — Anyone who isn’t an active participant in discussions. They’re expected to let speakers have the floor.

III. Stages of the Commoner’s Assembly

Assembly Preamble
    A rather short announcement by the State Representatives. This usually contains news from the Secretaries, Violet Order, or other government bodies.

Proposals
    This is when various speakers make their proposals. The speaker will make their way to the front, and the backers will stand behind them in support. Only the speaker is allowed to talk unless a backer or specified person is selected to speak by State Representatives.

Conclusion
    A general wrap-up of the Commons meeting, where the State Representatives will depart after (generally) 2 hours. Speakers who fail to speak within this time frame will have to try again at another assembly.

[​IMG]

FAQ

What can I bring up at the assembly?
    Anything and everything as long as it’s a legitimate concern or need. This includes but is not limited to law changes, building projects, general complaints, and reports of misconduct to be funneled to the right authorities.

How should I speak in chat?
    If you’re a speaker, announce your emotes and messages to ensure people can hear you. Spectators should refrain from using local emotes and restrict themselves to Local Party range (lp:) or Mutter range ($).

How many proposals can I make?
    One per assembly is the usual number. Executive can make exceptions.

What do I do if my proposal is long?
    Shorten it. You should come to the assemblies with your proposal prepared.

Is my proposal guaranteed to be acted on?
    No. While the Commoner’s Assembly is a place for your concerns to be heard it may not be immediately actionable or reasonable.

Can I make proposals as a noble?
    No. Priority will always be given to commoners as nobility already have access to the proper channels to be heard. You can still attend as a spectator or back a proposal.

Where and when is the Commoner’s Assembly?
    Assemblies are held at the Courthouse [/tp Courtroom]. Dates and times will be announced on this thread and the calendar.

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 AtticCat, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  2. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

[​IMG]
    Meeting Dates

Commoner’s Assembly hosted by Grand Duchess Hera van Hal.
    [Calendar]
    First
    23 May 309 at 5pm [EST] | Report I
    Second
    6 June 309 at 5pm [EST] | Report II
    Third
    22 June 309 at 5pm [EST] | Report III
    Fourth
    5 July 309 at 5pm [EST] | Report IV
    Fifth
    20 July 309 at 5pm [EST] | Report V
    Sixth
    2 August 309 at 5pm [EST] | Report VI
    Seventh
    16 August 309 at 5pm [EST] | CANCELLED due to Occupation.
    Van Hal Assembly closed due to resignation.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #2 AtticCat, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021