The City That Never Rains

The night was like any other, cold, dark, and cloudy. The little fishing town Alexander had been staying was a curious thing, for a week and a half there had been storm clouds overhead, however not a single drop of rain had fallen, nothing too strange, but noteworthy.
Alexander and his mentor Fergus had been enjoying there last night in the town, having a couple drinks before they were to head out in the morning. The night had been going well, no fights, no ruckus, they were almost out of there, and on there the way to their final destination, Regalia.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen to yourself, Alexander! A simple life? No fighting or action? And here I thought I was training a man and not a sheep!" Fergus said, setting down his drink.

Alexander looked up from his book, raising a brow at the old man, saying
"Me? Listen to yourself, wanting to go off to Regalia, one of the nicest cities in the world, just so you can fight and be commanded? You're mad!"

Fergus finished the last of his drink before standing, saying "Hmm. You don't mean that boy, you just don't know the honor that can come from working for and protecting people, especially those you care about.... I'm heading back to the inn, we leave tomorrow at dawn, be ready." With that he would turn to walk off, muttering under his breath about youth and lack of inspiration
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple hours passed as Alexander was left alone, reading and pondering his mentor's words
"Dreams of being a guard.. serving and protecting people.. that's /your/ dream, and what a crazy dream it is..." After this Alexander went to simply leave the tavern, heading home to the inn for a little rest.

Alexander turned on a little side street, the quickest way to get back to the inn when he saw it.. No not it... /him/. Alexander's head was filled with countless feelings at the same time. Shock, disbelief, dread, anger, and confusion just to name a few. Even with all this he just stood there, unable to move, simply staring into the cold lifeless eyes of his only close friend, his mentor... Fergus.

As he stood there he felt something hit his cheek, cold and wet. It took all his willpower to look away from the scene, looking straight up he saw it, and couldn't believe what it was.
rain
Alexander woke with a start, covered in a cold sweat, he looked around his room, getting his barrings, outside he could clearly hear the downpour of rain. As he heard that his shock was replaced with sadness and grief. As he was scanning the room his eyes would stop at the two uniforms neatly hung on his wall.

"You just don't know the honor that can come from working for and protecting people, especially those you care about.. those were your words.. right old man..." After he said this he would lay back down, tears beginning to form in his eyes, and he would mutter to himself "For whatever it's worth... you were right.. you always were.."

The night was like any other, cold, dark, and cloudy. The little fishing town Alexander had been staying was a curious thing, for a week and a half there had been storm clouds overhead, however not a single drop of rain had fallen, nothing too strange, but noteworthy.
Alexander and his mentor Fergus had been enjoying there last night in the town, having a couple drinks before they were to head out in the morning. The night had been going well, no fights, no ruckus, they were almost out of there, and on there the way to their final destination, Regalia.

"Listen to yourself, Alexander! A simple life? No fighting or action? And here I thought I was training a man and not a sheep!" Fergus said, setting down his drink.

Alexander looked up from his book, raising a brow at the old man, saying
"Me? Listen to yourself, wanting to go off to Regalia, one of the nicest cities in the world, just so you can fight and be commanded? You're mad!"

Fergus finished the last of his drink before standing, saying "Hmm. You don't mean that boy, you just don't know the honor that can come from working for and protecting people, especially those you care about.... I'm heading back to the inn, we leave tomorrow at dawn, be ready." With that he would turn to walk off, muttering under his breath about youth and lack of inspiration
A couple hours passed as Alexander was left alone, reading and pondering his mentor's words
"Dreams of being a guard.. serving and protecting people.. that's /your/ dream, and what a crazy dream it is..." After this Alexander went to simply leave the tavern, heading home to the inn for a little rest.

Alexander turned on a little side street, the quickest way to get back to the inn when he saw it.. No not it... /him/. Alexander's head was filled with countless feelings at the same time. Shock, disbelief, dread, anger, and confusion just to name a few. Even with all this he just stood there, unable to move, simply staring into the cold lifeless eyes of his only close friend, his mentor... Fergus.

As he stood there he felt something hit his cheek, cold and wet. It took all his willpower to look away from the scene, looking straight up he saw it, and couldn't believe what it was.
rain
Alexander woke with a start, covered in a cold sweat, he looked around his room, getting his barrings, outside he could clearly hear the downpour of rain. As he heard that his shock was replaced with sadness and grief. As he was scanning the room his eyes would stop at the two uniforms neatly hung on his wall.

"You just don't know the honor that can come from working for and protecting people, especially those you care about.. those were your words.. right old man..." After he said this he would lay back down, tears beginning to form in his eyes, and he would mutter to himself "For whatever it's worth... you were right.. you always were.."

Alexander reminds me a little of Avilda when I first started playing her <3