The Children Of Duindin: The Calling

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Gochnipunchni, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Gochnipunchni

Gochnipunchni Pocket Princess

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Etched into a series of stone tablets that have been delivered to every Dwarf in Regalia by a fleet of fast-footed messengers, the following message can be read in the sharp runes of
    Dwarf-speak.

"To my Brothers. My Sisters. The Faithful of this city who walk in the footprints of the Moon-Eyed Forgefather, Duindin,

Most of you know me. Most of you know of the task I have been given. Most of you are indeed part of the Children of Duindin, and know of the tragic fate that has befallen our congregation in the past. Blood has fallen on virgin stones, and tears have been shed for those who have been lost. The Seven have fallen, but they are unbroken. As Duindin has been reborn into the body of King Blackhammer, so too will the Seven have their spiritual successors. I have read the stars, I have consulted the runestones, and I have listened to the pleas of my congregation. And so, with the Worship fast approaching, I feel, as Head Forgebrother of the Imperial Isle, that the ceremonial positions of our kinsfolk must be held once more. That being said, these are by no means final. As in all cases, if one of Dwarvish blood can prove that they are a more fitting reincarnation of one of the Seven, then the Mantle shall be passed to them.

By the power invested in me by the Mountain-Priests of Grebor, I hereby name the following individuals to be the proud bearers of the Seven's sacred titles, as each represents an admirable facet of the first and only Underking.

☾✩☽ Markus Ironfist, you hold one of the most difficult titles to give, and I anticipate, one of the most hotly contested. But you are a true Mithorrin, through and through, and your soul is made of the same metal that all Dwarves should hope to emulate. For that, I grant to you the title of the Bundabrand, Worker of Metal. May you give it as much honor as your predecessor gave it. But I give you this warning. Both Bronwyn Cuffbert and Amorak Oakenforge have equal claim for the honor, and they may attempt to wrest it from your control. Embrace your fellow dwarves in your arms, Markus, but strive to achieve ever greater heights, in order to bring honor to your kin, else it might be stolen by another. @Martyr_321 @Miss_Confined @Nag13

☾✩☽ Beola Hornspine, you descend from noble blood, and the Clan Hornspine is one that is deeply respected by the dwarves of this community, but it is not for those reasons that I grant you the title of the Varrlosag, the Rivershaper, but rather for what you have accomplished. In your humble tavern, in the heart of the world's foremost Ailor stronghold, you provide a place for Stoutkin to speak in peace, in your confidence. This is a deep kindness, and a dearly needed respite. May you hold your head high, and continue stitching together the tapestry of our culture. @SummerWhine

☾✩☽ Fjala Ironfist, you are one of those few blessed with the ingenuity that has kept our people from utter destruction. Without those with your gift, we would be slaughtered where we stood by Dakkar, without even being able to mount the honorable defense that we did. And without those like you, we shall not step forward once more onto the world stage, and reclaim our homeland that has been so long kept from us. For your powers of perception, your skill with your hands, and your unique ability to combine both the ancient technology of our forefathers with the tools of the foreigners, I grant to you the title of the Mhornar, the Steambreather. @Quesios

☾✩☽ Hreidmarr Bluntboot, you are one of the most steadfast Dwarves I have ever seen. Once you set your eyes on your goal, you never deviate from it, and you are as immovable as the mountains from which we spring. I hope that you keep this conviction in your heart, because it is something that we shall dearly need when we venture into the cold wastelands and vast underhighways of our homeland. For your raw, blunt perseverance, I grant you the title of the Durrimnagr, the Stoneshaper. May your hammer ring true against the helms of your foes, and may you help guide our people out of the darkness as your forefather once did. @RejectedNerd74

☾✩☽ Wulf Grofsmid, you have come from humble beginnings. That has shaped you, growing up away from the Holds that many of us call home. And for that, you see things differently. You aren't so locked into the blind traditionalism that plagues some of our people, nor have you fallen into the utterly rampant progressivism that runs wild amongst the Aldor enclaves. Instead, you are other. And in the coming Mountain Kingdom, that's a position that is most dearly needed. You perceive, with perfect pragmatism, unburdened by the subtle obligations that bind each of the rest of us to a slab of mountainstone. For that, you are awarded the title of the Darhkrumm, the Raven, to show that despite your upbringing, you are just as much a part of the Dwarven culture as anyone else. Wear your differences proudly, Wulf, and they shall bring you the fresh fruit of providence. @rimacutem

The final two titles, that of the Kazhunki, the Firesoul, and the Aeflagr, the Moontouched, shall remain empty, until someone proves themselves to be worthy enough to inherit them. For now, those who have been unnamed are our Forgebrothers and Forgesisters, and should strive to outdo those who have been named, in order to achieve the Ideal, laid out by our Forgefather.

Duindin's blessings to you, Dwarfkin, and may He guide your path."

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Nag13

Nag13

There was a loud rap at the door of the last of the Oakenforge Clan. Amorak’s eyes darted up from the smithing scrolls he had been studying at his desk upstairs. Quickly rushing down he flung the door open to find a young dwarf, no more than 15, standing in his doorway. “Yes?” Amorak asked, his curiosity piqued as it always did upon the arrival of a messenger. “A message ser; from Folcard” the youngling explained, pulling one of a dozen stone tablets from the leather sachal that hung over his shoulder. Amorak fished 2 single regal coins from his tunic, handing them to the boy in thanks for his service, taking the tablet from him as he did so. As the young dwarf scurried off, no doubt to find the next of his kin within the city that was to receive the tablet. As he swung the door shut, Amorak’s eyes were drawn downwards to the slab of stone, running his fingers over the intricatly carved Dwarven text and began to read.

Upon reading the final word, Amorak ran his calloused, rough hand through his waist long beard, muttering under his breath as he did so, “ Hmm, Markus has been named Bunderbrand, good for him. Should he be deemed inadequate however, that will surely change and another will take his place. May the allfather see it to be I, it would be my greatest honour. All hail Duindin, the mightiest of his name and of all the Dwarven bretherin that roam these lands.”

He hung the stone tablet on his wall by the fireplace and made his way upstairs, taking with him a glass of sipping whiskey, returning to his studies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

Wulf would be throwing a pancake into the air as a knock on his door would be heard. With a pan still in his hand, Wulf would come up to the door, opening in just for his eyes to lay down on a young dwarf, carrying a stone tablet. Wulf would sit the child by the table, giving him pancake and marmalade, taking a read over the tablet, nodding as he read "Pretty good choices Folly. Much prefer Markus over Wyn as Bundabrand" Wulf's eyes would then go even lower, noticing his own name "Neat." would say to himself smiling, finding using Shadowman's phrase quite funny. He would leave the tablet on wall of the kitchen, leaving it to be seen by rest of the inhabitants of the house @MrNoot1 @bwmwags3

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #3 rimacutem, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. Martyr_321

Martyr_321 Gott mit Uns!!

Markus was sitting in his chair, a small smile on his face, he'd take a deep inhale and release it. 'What a beautiful title. I will do my best that I can.' He would set down the letter, rising to his feet and going to the balcony for a smoke. Looking over at Beola laying in her bed. 'This is the best thing I can be for our future. I will lead our people in prayer, We will always embrace each other.'

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Duindin omg