The Bird's Nest - Art And Skins

Discussion in 'Massive Marketplace' started by SevenBirds, May 23, 2022.

1. SevenBirds

SevenBirds Phantasmal and Resplendent

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello there and welcome to my shop! I’ve been making Minecraft skins for about two-and-a-half years now and have been doing digital art for about six months. What started as just a fun way to express my own characters and ideas has since grown into an interest in creating art for other people as well. I’m still pretty new to the commissioning process, so feel free to share your feedback or suggestions, as well as any questions or concerns you might have.

Terms of Service
    - If I don’t feel comfortable accepting a commission, I reserve the right to refuse it.
    - You may use and display your commission as you like (with credit), but do not resell or edit them (besides small edits or recolors). I will also be displaying completed pieces in my portfolio, with credit to you as the character's creator, so if you don't want your character displayed, please let me know.
    - If you see something you don’t like, please point it out as early as possible. I’m happy to make edits if needed, but only in the stage I’m currently working on. (So, once I’ve moved on to the color stage, I’m no longer willing to make significant line-art changes.)
    - I try to work quickly, but do have other responsibilities. If it’s been a week or more since my last update, feel free to check in with me, but please do not pester me before then.
    - I accept payment through PayPal, but may also consider skin or art trades for simpler pieces on a case-by-case basis.
    The Process:
    - If you’re interested in a commission, post on this thread with the order form (found below) or send me a Discord message at Phantasmal#8832. If I’m able to pick up your commission, I’ll message you to discuss any further details. Please have some references ready to share.
    - About halfway through my process, I’ll send you a WIP preview. For artwork, this will be an uncolored sketch, while it will be an unshaded preview for skins. You may request any edits you like here. This is where you can cancel if you choose, but your commission will be locked in after this point and I will request half of your commission price before continuing after I’ve finished any requested edits.
    - From here, I’ll continue to refine the piece. For artwork, this will be cleaning up the linework and adding color, while it will be adding shading and depth for skins. Shaded artwork will receive a full-color but unshaded preview at this point, which can have color edits requested but not line-art edits.
    - Once I finish, I will send you a watermarked preview of the completed project. Small edits may still be requested, but not larger ones. This is where I’ll request the last half of the commission payment and then send you the finished piece to enjoy!
    Make an Order!
    Discord Tag: (For easy communication)
    What are you commissioning?: (Ex: “Full-body shaded humanoid skin”, “Colored waist-up line-art”)
    Character App: (Optional, but can help me get a feel for the character)​

Waiting List
    Art
    -
    -
    Skins
    -
    -
    -

[​IMG]

Most of the pieces I make are character portraits, but I’m happy to try other types of art as well. Prices are in US Dollars and are based on size and complexity. Particularly complex designs may be more, but I’ll discuss that with you at the time of commission.

I especially enjoy drawing:
    - Humans/humanoid fantasy characters
    - Feminine/androgynous characters
    - Animals (mundane and fantasy)
    - Wholesome vibes​

I do not draw:
    - Violence
    - Sexual content
    [​IMG]

Extras:
    Additional character: + 75% of the base price
    Background: + 25% of the base price (simple backgrounds are free)
    Props: One prop can be included for free, but additional props are $5 each.​

Bundle Deal: Purchase a portrait and a skin together for 25% off!

Example of a character design sketch:
    [​IMG]

Example of a line-art drawing:
    [​IMG]

Example of a shaded line-art drawing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of my skins are in a subtler shading style than most you see on Massive, but still definitely visible. I’m happy to try different styles and types of skins I haven’t done before, but these are the types of skins I most enjoy making:
    - Natural/cottagecore styles
    - Feminine/androgynous styles
    - Bright colors and layering fabrics​

I have less experience with these, but am happy to do my best.
    - Beast forms
    - Muscled characters
    - Complex hairstyles​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pieces are sorted from newest to oldest. Completed commissions will be displayed here, so please let me know if you don't want your piece displayed.

[​IMG]
    Character Design Sketch - Nishtara Rionna - SevenBirds

[​IMG]
    Cell-Shaded Line-art - Faolan Athirne - SevenBirds

[​IMG]
    Line-art - Ceartarbh - SevenBirds​
    [​IMG]
    Anzid Hurin and Ihuicatl Eleuia - SevenBirds

[​IMG]
    Nishtara Rionna - SevenBirds

[​IMG]
    Lair-Inniel Wrap