Archived The Aurora Order Society

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

AetherShadow

The Catalyst ♛ Aeson Hinnoron / Daeron Arveldir
Reaction score
Faction
Interitum
Kingdom
N/A
Roleplay Guilds
Jin-Tao Death Squad
♦︎ Hello, I've noticed an increase in Vampyre activity. ♦︎
Presumably in the sewers. However Violet Order guards are
not able to do anything about them.

♦︎ So I'm proposing a new idea, The Aurora Order, a group of people similar
to the Crimson Inquisition. Their main colours would be Violet, White and Gold,
it would be compliments to the Violet order. The Aurora Order Society would be
great allies with the Violet Order, and they would be highly trained and skilled Vampyre hunters.

It takes years of training to gain privilege to the Aurora Order Society,
♦︎ The Society even offers extremely rare Mage permits, that means if you're a mage and prove
to be useful with your magic, you will be accepted in and given rights that shield you from magic
law, and you must be trusted with magic, you will have sight mages swarming you.

Common mages in the Society are
♦︎ Healing Light - Used to cure Vampyrism usually.
♦︎ Fire Magic - Used to attack and defend from Vampyre attacks.
♦︎ String Magic - Puppets of the caster used to defend the gates of the Aurora Order to prevent members from being attacked themselves, therefore giving warning time to mount a counterattack.
♦︎ Antimagic - Antimagic shields or barriers are usually kept up around the base, to prevent any Vampyre Shadow magic users from entering with Shadow meld.
♦︎ Sight Magic - The order recruits large amounts of Sight Magic users, and employs them as spys to watch recently cured Vampyres.
♦︎ Hex Magic - Hex magic is used upon captured Vampyres as an Interrogation method. Those who do use it as an interrogation must be monitored by an Azure Order Sight Mage and an Antimagic Mage.
♦︎ Azure Order Mages - The Society has an alliance with the Azure order, they commonly send Azure Order mages to check up on their employees and to collar any captured Vampyres.

Azure Order & The Society
♦︎ As said before, the Azure order and the Society are great allies. Due to their alliance with the Violet Order as well, all 3 are tied together, they came to a meeting one day and decided to make the "Light of 3", it was said to be an alliance of them all, their main goals were to protect Regalia.

Founders
♦︎ The founders of the Society are unknown, and the people who know them are
sworn to secrecy.

Training Process
♦︎ To train people within the order, the process takes up to 10 years of dedication, they can begin field missions at 8 years of training, and usually require you to know how to wield a weapon.

Funds
♦︎ As of right now the Society is self funded, and in the futures wishes to make an appeal to the Emperor
perhaps using the method of helping Nobility. They fund themselves with sponsors and the money of the Founder who is secret. However they intend to be funded by the Regalia city in the future.

Ranks
♦︎ The ranks of the society are how one would make their move through it.
You would work your way up through acts of Noble things similar to the Court Ball.

♦︎ Commander
The commander's duty is to oversee the Society, to look after day to day operations and innovation.
It's the highest rank of the Society.
Master of Justice
The Master of Justice, oversees the trial/court system of the society. If a Vampyre pleads non-guilty
then a trial will be given dependant on their case and if they resisted arrest.
♦︎ Trainee
The trainee is the lowest rank in the society, they start off by studying
and are quite treated poorly due to the fact they don't really do anything for a while.
♦︎ Magician
The Magicians are Mages employed by the Society.
The only exception here is Antimagic. Magicians are highly respected and collared
without the use of Lapis Lazuli. Due to them being magic permitted and employed this way,
Mages are constantly trying to get in to the Society, yet very few do so. Mainly Isldar and Talar Nelfin Elves get accepted, other races are rare to be accepted as a Magician.
♦︎ Expeller
The job of an Expeller is to dispell and create barriers to block spells.
Expellers are highly respected and collared
without the use of Lapis Lazuli.
♦︎ Executioner
The Executioner rank is just above the Trainee.
Their job is manage all Vampyre executions with the Prisoners.
The choice of execution is made by the Imperial Guard.
♦︎ Troop General
The Troop General's job is to command the
Guards or Missionaries while on a mission, they manage and command.
♦︎ Guard/Missionary
A Guard is the main rank of the Society, largely employed.
They go upon missions day to day. And serve the troop generals.
Guards are divided into groups of 4 people, a Mission Troop. The troops
are looked after and commanded while on duty by the Troop General. Guards are defensive
and look after the law, where as the Missionaries act as an offensive strike, and will hunt out the Vampyres.
♦︎ Imperial Guard
Just under the Master of Justice, the Imperial Guard
Looks after the prison and base while the Commander General is off duty.

Armour and Weapons
The society's arsenal ranges from wooden swords, stakes to Diamond crafted prestige weapons.
They wear violet, white and gold armour. White is a dominant colour, while staying true to the Alliance colours. They also infuse lapis to their armour, giving their collars a tint of blue, staying true to the Azure Order.

Report System and Justice
The Society has a system where you can report Vampyres, we then keep a record of Vampyres similar to how the Crimson Inquisition did. The system will hunt out the Vampyre at first convenience, and will notify the reporter of the situation, if they were a witness or a victim they are asked to visit the trial, if they don't wish to, the Violet Order will interrogate them at Greygate Prison. To hunt out these vampyres is covered by Missionaries, and to report these Vampyres is to follow a player template with a book and quill, or submit on the forums. We will have an open social forum for these things, and a closed private social forum where we can keep track of these things.

If this is deemed worthy of Lore ideals and possible new ideas, Please move to the Lore submissions. From there I will edit it to a correct format.

Questions welcome!

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've honestly been waiting to support the return of the Crimson Inquisition (as I used to be an active member in it)... however:
  • It should be noted that I do not support this in itself.
  • I also do not not support it.
Though I admire the thought put into this, I'll wait a bit before I possibly post comments which provide criticism of any sort.
There are multiple things I disagree with in this thread, such as the mages, to name only one.

As @Ryciera has been directly involved with the Crimson Inquisition and The Violet Order in the past, I would like to summon The Cabbage Queen of Goth to this thread. She's been incredibly helpful and approachable before on topics like this, and she's also a developer to the vampire lore- which she has experienced first-hand.

So without further I do, lets rudely interrupt Ryci! Hiiiiii!

There are multiple things I disagree with in this thread, such as the mages, to name only one.

Hi, to answer this comment, I'd first like to say thanks for the feedback,
However, I know the Mage idea was a bad one, but I made this thread to toss around some ideas, I too
am waiting to see the return of the Crimson Inquisition. None of these ideas are final. In other words, I would change them.
However, I would love if @Ryciera Could help contribute in re-uniting the crimson and maybe even using at least one idea from here to rewrite the lost lore and make a new society so to speak. Any who, to finally answer, I made this thread for the sole purpose of
encouraging a new crimson inquisition. Not really to say "Lets put this in lore NOW." but to say "Here's some cool ideas for the restart of the crimson".

Thanks for the feedback any who.
Really, I'm quite new to the rewritten lore and all.

This thread was inspired by @Suzzie 's interest in returning the Crimson.
So lets #BringBackCrimson2k15

I kinda like this idea. Admit it, we all love a super guard force that has lots of high ranks and new roleplay opportunities. Not saying that this is a perfect idea, but it's still a neat one at that. Just a quick glance and saw a major flaw in the magic part. Antimagic is technically....magic. Except instead they re open the connection to the void and allow the magic to return to it. Antimages have to be present and casting the antimagic spells for their to be any effect. Lapis works better than 50 antimages working around the clock to keep other magic away. :)

Last edited:
...I'd like to see this happen, for one. But it probably wouldn't accept Tigran pet-class citizens as I... oh well. It does sound like a good idea to me. :3

♦︎ Hello, I've noticed an increase in Vampyre activity. ♦︎
Presumably in the sewers. However Violet Order guards are
not able to do anything about them.

♦︎ So I'm proposing a new idea, The Aurora Order, a group of people similar
to the Crimson Inquisition. Their main colours would be Violet, White and Gold,
it would be compliments to the Violet order. The Aurora Order Society would be
great allies with the Violet Order, and they would be highly trained and skilled Vampyre hunters.

It takes years of training to gain privilege to the Aurora Order Society,
♦︎ The Society even offers extremely rare Mage permits, that means if you're a mage and prove
to be useful with your magic, you will be accepted in and given rights that shield you from magic
law, and you must be trusted with magic, you will have sight mages swarming you.

Common mages in the Society are
♦︎ Healing Light - Used to cure Vampyrism usually.
♦︎ Fire Magic - Used to attack and defend from Vampyre attacks.
♦︎ String Magic - Puppets of the caster used to defend the gates of the Aurora Order to prevent members from being attacked themselves, therefore giving warning time to mount a counterattack.
♦︎ Antimagic - Antimagic shields or barriers are usually kept up around the base, to prevent any Vampyre Shadow magic users from entering with Shadow meld.
♦︎ Sight Magic - The order recruits large amounts of Sight Magic users, and employs them as spys to watch recently cured Vampyres.
♦︎ Hex Magic - Hex magic is used upon captured Vampyres as an Interrogation method. Those who do use it as an interrogation must be monitored by an Azure Order Sight Mage and an Antimagic Mage.
♦︎ Azure Order Mages - The Society has an alliance with the Azure order, they commonly send Azure Order mages to check up on their employees and to collar any captured Vampyres.

Azure Order & The Society
♦︎ As said before, the Azure order and the Society are great allies. Due to their alliance with the Violet Order as well, all 3 are tied together, they came to a meeting one day and decided to make the "Light of 3", it was said to be an alliance of them all, their main goals were to protect Regalia.

Founders
♦︎ The founders of the Society are unknown, and the people who know them are
sworn to secrecy.

Training Process
♦︎ To train people within the order, the process takes up to 10 years of dedication, they can begin field missions at 8 years of training, and usually require you to know how to wield a weapon.

Funds
♦︎ As of right now the Society is self funded, and in the futures wishes to make an appeal to the Emperor
perhaps using the method of helping Nobility. They fund themselves with sponsors and the money of the Founder who is secret. However they intend to be funded by the Regalia city in the future.

Ranks
♦︎ The ranks of the society are how one would make their move through it.
You would work your way up through acts of Noble things similar to the Court Ball.

♦︎ Commander
The commander's duty is to oversee the Society, to look after day to day operations and innovation.
It's the highest rank of the Society.
Master of Justice
The Master of Justice, oversees the trial/court system of the society. If a Vampyre pleads non-guilty
then a trial will be given dependant on their case and if they resisted arrest.
♦︎ Trainee
The trainee is the lowest rank in the society, they start off by studying
and are quite treated poorly due to the fact they don't really do anything for a while.
♦︎ Magician
The Magicians are Mages employed by the Society.
The only exception here is Antimagic. Magicians are highly respected and collared
without the use of Lapis Lazuli. Due to them being magic permitted and employed this way,
Mages are constantly trying to get in to the Society, yet very few do so. Mainly Isldar and Talar Nelfin Elves get accepted, other races are rare to be accepted as a Magician.
♦︎ Expeller
The job of an Expeller is to dispell and create barriers to block spells.
Expellers are highly respected and collared
without the use of Lapis Lazuli.
♦︎ Executioner
The Executioner rank is just above the Trainee.
Their job is manage all Vampyre executions with the Prisoners.
The choice of execution is made by the Imperial Guard.
♦︎ Troop General
The Troop General's job is to command the
Guards or Missionaries while on a mission, they manage and command.
♦︎ Guard/Missionary
A Guard is the main rank of the Society, largely employed.
They go upon missions day to day. And serve the troop generals.
Guards are divided into groups of 4 people, a Mission Troop. The troops
are looked after and commanded while on duty by the Troop General. Guards are defensive
and look after the law, where as the Missionaries act as an offensive strike, and will hunt out the Vampyres.
♦︎ Imperial Guard
Just under the Master of Justice, the Imperial Guard
Looks after the prison and base while the Commander General is off duty.

Armour and Weapons
The society's arsenal ranges from wooden swords, stakes to Diamond crafted prestige weapons.
They wear violet, white and gold armour. White is a dominant colour, while staying true to the Alliance colours. They also infuse lapis to their armour, giving their collars a tint of blue, staying true to the Azure Order.

Report System and Justice
The Society has a system where you can report Vampyres, we then keep a record of Vampyres similar to how the Crimson Inquisition did. The system will hunt out the Vampyre at first convenience, and will notify the reporter of the situation, if they were a witness or a victim they are asked to visit the trial, if they don't wish to, the Violet Order will interrogate them at Greygate Prison. To hunt out these vampyres is covered by Missionaries, and to report these Vampyres is to follow a player template with a book and quill, or submit on the forums. We will have an open social forum for these things, and a closed private social forum where we can keep track of these things.

If this is deemed worthy of Lore ideals and possible new ideas, Please move to the Lore submissions. From there I will edit it to a correct format.

Questions welcome!
We all should know by now that roleplay staff want to stay away from heavy magic usage within roleplay. It seems to be the case in your thread, that you expect members of the Aurora Order Society to be both proficient in magic and combat. Unless things have changed in roleplay, since i checked last... you should know that it takes decades to become proficient and skilled with magic, and likewise with melee combat (With or without weapons) in roleplay. So even then, it would be difficult to defend the streets of regalia with a bunch of 60+ year old roleplay characters. So... maybe i just misunderstand the thread a little bit, but that is what it sounds like to me.

I'd suggest clarifying the mage to melee combatant ratio within the Aurora Order Society, or if you expect them to all be experienced mages. i would also like to encourage you to make the Aurora Order Society based more off of melee combatants with mage support (Unless that was already what you were aiming for). Also try to expand on the roles and proficiencies of members within the Aurora Order Society.

To also go along with what you mentioned earlier on the forums, you said "The trainee is the lowest rank in the society, they start off by studying and are quite treated poorly due to the fact they don't really do anything for a while." You make the Aurora Order Society seem like an Anti-Vampire justice and defense group, to me it doesn't sound much like a magic school for novice mages to improve as was implied by mentioning the "Studying" that they have to do as a Trainee. If you were not try to implicate this ideology then please elaborate a little more :P

Ignoring those few things that i mentioned earlier, i think that this is a great idea. However i don't think it would quite come up to the expectations from roleplay staff or i could be completely wrong and they could love your idea... Just keep doing what you do and consider the things i mentioned earlier
~Best wishes Pokyug

@pokyug
I don't want mages to be good in normal combat,
I want separate types of people as it's lore incompliant to have mage and warrior combos.

We all should know by now that roleplay staff want to stay away from heavy magic usage within roleplay. It seems to be the case in your thread, that you expect members of the Aurora Order Society to be both proficient in magic and combat. Unless things have changed in roleplay, since i checked last... you should know that it takes decades to become proficient and skilled with magic, and likewise with melee combat (With or without weapons) in roleplay. So even then, it would be difficult to defend the streets of regalia with a bunch of 60+ year old roleplay characters. So... maybe i just misunderstand the thread a little bit, but that is what it sounds like to me.

I'd suggest clarifying the mage to melee combatant ratio within the Aurora Order Society, or if you expect them to all be experienced mages. i would also like to encourage you to make the Aurora Order Society based more off of melee combatants with mage support (Unless that was already what you were aiming for). Also try to expand on the roles and proficiencies of members within the Aurora Order Society.

To also go along with what you mentioned earlier on the forums, you said "The trainee is the lowest rank in the society, they start off by studying and are quite treated poorly due to the fact they don't really do anything for a while." You make the Aurora Order Society seem like an Anti-Vampire justice and defense group, to me it doesn't sound much like a magic school for novice mages to improve as was implied by mentioning the "Studying" that they have to do as a Trainee. If you were not try to implicate this ideology then please elaborate a little more :P

Ignoring those few things that i mentioned earlier, i think that this is a great idea. However i don't think it would quite come up to the expectations from roleplay staff or i could be completely wrong and they could love your idea... Just keep doing what you do and consider the things i mentioned earlier
~Best wishes Pokyug
Just a little note, but a 60 year old in any magic is a force to be reckoned with. Probably better than any 30 year old fighter. Now a 60 year old fighter is past his prime and should not go around trying to fight crime ;)

I rlly like this idea, if it happens let me know and ill join

Just a little note, but a 60 year old in any magic is a force to be reckoned with. Probably better than any 30 year old fighter. Now a 60 year old fighter is past his prime and should not go around trying to fight crime ;)
I have a 74 y/o Expert Air mage and I find it really easy to destroy people in combat with it.

Wonder what it'd be like to have a Crimson, or now, rather Aurora member character and a vampire character at the same time. It'd be odd, but people like odd things, so...
+1 Support from me

@spartanx2x2
I'm running a secret mage cult focused on killing Vampyres, and I have a Vampyre character myself. It's quite the thrill.