The Alms Minister's Speech

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by LadyLekku, Apr 20, 2021.

1. LadyLekku

LadyLekku Fiber Viber Supremium

Following the Alms Ministry's "No Lands Left Behind" Festival, a copy of Grand Duchess Sivrid Sorenvik's speech was pinned up in the Alms Sanctuary, for any to read who may have missed the event. While intended to be read by all classes of citizens and nobility, there was a special emphasis on its availability to common folk.

~

Citizens, peerage, knights. Artists, entertainers, and architects. Clergymen, priests, priestesses- and devotees. Parents, and grandparents, and children. Laborers, farmers. People of the Jewel City of the Crown Isles, and denizens of the Empire of Regalia. Thank you for coming out tonight to celebrate with us. We’re here tonight, in the heart of our city, surrounded by our friends, our neighbors, even strangers, in honor and celebration of our Empire. A war has ended. Soldiers have returned home, and others never will. But we are safe, for another day, because of the strength, the courage, the leadership of our military, and the sacrifices of our fighting men and women. Sacrifices made in the name of an Empire.

What is an Empire? It is its Emperor. It is a man and spirit embodied, a unifier, a force of divinity and power. Our Emperor is ill, but his words carry on with us tonight. No Lands Left Behind. This was the missive that inspires our festival. And as His Imperial Holiness recovers, I ask that each of us lend our prayers, in whatever fashion they be, to the healing of his body. And I ask that our voices support the Regent, Prince Raymond Kade, in his absence.

What is an Empire? It is its Lands. From the very heart of Regalia where I address you now, to the furthest reaches of the Archipelago. To your homelands, near and far. To the lands that the esteemed peerage is burdened with the responsibility to rule. A responsibility bestowed upon them in the belief that they will act in a way that is just, and good to their people, high born or low. To care for the precious lands they hold, and the precious people within them, with the goal of a mighty presence and a flourishing society.

What is an Empire? Though there are some who disagree, I know there are many more who will understand me when I say, an Empire is its people. People of Regalia, a piece of the burden of responsibility that was previously held only by the nobility will soon be upon you all. The responsibility to vote for who you feel will share your plights, and have your interests in heart. Who will abide by your sense of morality, by your religious doctrines, by your sense of right and wrong. By whatever metric you use to cast your singular, precious vote. There will be those who come to you with promises. I implore you to ignore these promises. There will be those who come to you with fearful rhetoric of impending doom, and a promise that only /they/ can save you. Ignore these also. Let actions speak above words, and let the past inform your decisions for the future. The past actions of those who seek your votes are public record; read these accounts. Histories are written. Learn them. Each of you, each one of you, has a responsibility, now. Squander it, and it may never be yours again. But make use of it- do /good/ with it, and you will have /earned/ it.

People of Regalia, esteemed Peerage, holy men and women, neighbors, strangers- Let us take this night and remember our blessings: the war is over. Let us remember our losses: honor the fallen. But above all, have faith in your Empire. In the nobility you choose to empower. Have faith in /each other/. I can’t promise that good things will come; no one can. But I have been to the lowest areas of this city, and I have been to the highest, and I can say only this. We all decide what we do with the power we are given... So do something /good/.

Good night everyone! Glory to the Empire, and its people!

~

In the spirit of a knowledgeable base of voters, the previous Monthly Reports of the Alms Ministry are pinned beneath the speech for easy access. Those who have certain beliefs held close to their hearts are encouraged to use these reports to see which members of the peerage have supported similar causes in the past. Additionally, the Ledger of Religious Sites is pinned as well, so that various devotees can see which noble houses are connected directly to their Church or Temple.

Though it isn't pinned, voters are also encouraged to read past accounts of Archipelago and Geo-Political reports, to ensure the nobility have truly acted in line with what they promise, to inspire votes. Though this list is not comprehensive, and plenty of history exists beyond the Alms Records, commonfolk are encouraged to seek ways to research before voting based on promises alone.

Others who have reports of their own charitable or cause-based events are encouraged to post their own accounts to the board. Events such as charitable festivals and lists of donors are appreciated!

Alms Ministry January Report
    Alms Ministry February Report
    Alms Ministry March Report
    Ledger of Religious Sites

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. LadyLekku

LadyLekku Fiber Viber Supremium

Reserving this space for approved accounts/proof of actions!

3. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

[​IMG]

19 APRIL 309
    House van Hal, in light of mentioning their deeds of the past, would like to offer forth publications of their educational reform efforts across Anglia. While it has not yet had the chance to occur, these reforms are intended to spread outside of Anglia, especially now with the Scholar Ministry available to play a part in such.

These papers are included in copies pinned below. Feel free to inspect them for yourself and write to the Duchess if there are any questions, concerns, or suggestions.

Spirit Guide!
    Her Grace Haeddi Jehanne van Hal
    Duchess of Westerhal
    Priscellian Acylote
    Scholar Minister
    Protector of the Vogel

---

Iron Peace Commences | I
    "Education for the Masses" | II
    "The Barton Doctrine in Anglia" | III
    "The Season of Change?" | IV
    A Doctrine on Agriculture Education | V