The Allied Collective

Discussion in 'Announcement Archive' started by Zanip, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ulpix

Ulpix Not Registered

Shush

2. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

Also the point of this is to end huge war. Which honestly adds into even more lack of fun in PvP. You also bring a lot of things about Magnanimus. I find that somewhat stupid since almost everyone at the time of Magnanimus is gone. Lastly, you don't need to make a collective when you have these pathetic things called "Lore Staff" that shut down PvP/wars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

It isn't stupid. While I realize Magnanimus has almost completely dissolved now, Magnanimus is a good example of what could happen.
    The "Lore Staff that shut down PvP/wars" was there before Mag. And, like I find myself having to repeat again, look what happened.
    Awesome! I'm glad to have you in!

4. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit
    1. The Ceciditian Empire -[CE]

Interesting, an Alliance forming up to stop another force from destroying everyone. The only thing that could stop it is if someone where to make a force large enough to destroy everyone...
    For now, Cecidit, my faction, will remain neutral towards this Collective. Should our allies convince us to join, or I see a more profitable reason for us to join, then this stance will chance.

5. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.
    1. The Second Alliance

76211_10151305949547323_1241887149_n.jpg
    I can't feel my ribs... anyway, your post is pointless, your complaint has no ground, and you are obviously too lazy to come up with "I want to take over the world" as a legit reason for waging a massive f*cking war against anyone who gets in your way without any discrimination or limits. What are you, like 3? Grow the f*ck up and get over yourself. Whining won't do jack shit to change this server, you need to adapt to the rules that are in place. If you can't adapt then go away, you're ruining a perfectly good thread.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Oxoman

Oxoman Astronaut, Reverend and Millionaire Playboy
    1. City of Gilead

I simply think we need to read that again.

9. Oxoman

Oxoman Astronaut, Reverend and Millionaire Playboy
    1. City of Gilead

It depends whether it's at 8PM GMT or the the listed EST and Central times as they do not correlate. If it were 8PM GMT, it would be 3PM and 2PM, or so I believe. Do correct me if I am mistaken.
    Regardless, I should be able to attend both. Although I may not be there in spirit if it's at 10PM GMT as that would coincide with 'the Poppy' event, so my focus may be drawn from the meeting.

10. Zero_00

Zero_00 Should have paid the fine Supremium

11. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Yeah - Sorry. Messed up time zones. 3PM EST, 2PM Central. Edited the post.

12. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves? Staff Member Roleplay Staff

13. The Golem

The Golem chiken nugge

I don't have teamspeak, and can't figure out to install it on Linux ((Save me D: )) So just mail me the results of it, or just someone represent me lol

14. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Will do. :P

15. Joshy54100

Joshy54100 ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

I can go and Domerocker should be able to go too, though I'm not entirely sure yet

16. Arvallon

Arvallon Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë
    1. Evedor Gettin' Social

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

I still don't get it. Why was Magnanimous so bad that something like this had to be made? I thought they had more pros than cons.

I'm disappointed in you Mecharic. You need to take your own advice of learning to back off and calm down before posting. You obviously don't see the whole picture. At least from my perspective you don't.

18. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

I'm not apologizing. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same exact argument from the same dozen or so players every time someone posts a thread that even slightly goes against big pvp wars and whatnot. If you're going to argue in favor of pvp don't do it by bashing roleplay. That only pisses people off.

19. Hirazrador

Hirazrador The Poshest of Mudcrabs

I, the guildmaster of civilization of Caldonia, can pledge the support of our town and small force

20. Joshy54100

I agree with you, the PvP and RP communities need to get along and not bash each other, but the way you present your opinion can be cleaned up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Laach

Again, you are missing the big picture. This collection won't only prevent big pvp wars, but it will also prevent certain types of 'Good' roleplay.
    I think I have stated multiple times that this server desperately needs an evil faction. The dark deserves to coexist with the light and this collective looks like it might prevent that.
    Sure, there might have been a few fools in the past that might have abused their evil power, but shouldn't your goal be to show them the right way to use their power, not prevent all forms of it in the process?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

Ok, that I can agree to. Lord_ArchAngel - Sorry for the over-aggressive post. I'm just tired of people saying the same thing and not even trying to adapt to new rules and situations.

I do believe that this Coalition exists almost 50% for the purpose of creating a powerful opponent for just such a faction as what you describe. As has been seen MANY times before, no single faction can stand up against a powerful pvp faction. Indeed, the only reason any pvp faction has LOST their wars is because of internal collapse. I view this coalition as pretty much the only way a pvp faction that has the ability to take over the server will be able to enjoy a challenge in their battles. In all honesty, I believe that Magna collapsed because of lack of successful opposition - they wanted to fight but instead just wiped out most of their opponents without any real battle - and ended up fighting themselves for the fun of combat.

What pvpers want is Player V/S Player. I believe this coalition can turn "Curbstomp" into "V/S". It won't stop people from wanting to take over the world, or from making the attempt - it will give them a target to fight and an opponent that can equal them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  23. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

Mecharic Apologize accepted. I guess my post was kind of rude. I'm aware with new situations you have to adapt to them. My only complaint was mainly about Lore Staffs ruining PvP for a lot of pvp from my view, which is basically why I stopped playing on MassiveCraft.

24. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

I could write an entire essay as a reply to this post... But just look at what Mecharic said.

25. Laach

Ah. So it just prevents reckless pvp and encourages evil factions to think before acting. That is seems much better than what I thought it was.

As a representative of Theridan from the Hisokan collective, I would like to join this collective temporarily. I feel like I haven't been very active in the PVP community and this seems like the perfect opportunity to change that.

26. PaulaDeen

PaulaDeen qt pie
    1. Regalian Medical Community

My faction, Stronghold would like to join. However, we have some terms we would like you to agree to. We were in the sixth coalition, we got informed of no wars, no status updates, no meeting times, and no battles. I do not use teamspeak often, and didn't even know the meetings were happening through it. I would like to be included in all conversations and informed of all that goes on in the collective. I promise to get on teamspeak when there is a meeting if I am told the meeting date. Other than that I agree to all the collective's terms.

27. LordSylveon

LordSylveon The Desciple of Cecidit
    1. The Ceciditian Empire -[CE]

Kinda torn on the current argument here.
    On one hand Laach has a point. This server can get fairly biased at times on who it panders to, when it should be open to a more round and full view of the RP world. There should be a more active "evil" force, one that has just as much of a chance for victory as those who are in the Light do. The reason that things seem so in favor of humanity is mainly due to the fact that the human empire (Regalia) has the staff to back it up. This isn't to knock on Regalia, or it's lore, as its extremely realistic in it's general opinions (views on good & evil, human superiority over all races, magic being bad, etc). The real issue is that there is nothing really opposing Regalia, or at least nothing that players can readily get involved with and say 'look, I and a peon in this dark and evil empire!'. I feel it would be nice to see a large, evil (or at the very least something that can Lore wise hold it's own against Regalia) organization stand up to Regalia, and give players the chance to play on the other side. (I think that the group with the best chance of this would actually be the Qadir, but thats just a guess on my part).
    On the other hand, sustaining a player based faction of that size would be difficult, not counting the fact that you would have to have good pvpers and good leaders to keep it all going. And even if you kept it going, there is no guarantee that it would even be something worth being a part of in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

The reason you did not get too well informed was because in the Coalition it was a 1-man operation tbh. Nobody really knew who to lead to and I had a bunch of work on my hands. This is different. I'm not the leader. With the Coalition, I tried to use forum conversations to plan it. But since forum conversations could only fit 10 people (Which is why I made this thread) it was hard to mantain it.

With the Collective, it is a completely different situation. I am using threads, not conversations, to plan TS meetings, as you can see from my post in the beginning of this page. Using this method should be much more efficient. From the terms that you suggested in your post, I don't see anything different at all which differs from what the Collective Leaders and I plan for the Collective.

Therefore, accepted. I'm glad to have you on board.

Glad to have you on board. Added to the list.

Awesome! Added to the list.

29. PaulaDeen

PaulaDeen qt pie
    1. Regalian Medical Community

Ok. Just tag me when there are meeting announcements. Glad to be on board.

30. Mecharic

1. The Second Alliance

If you read back a bit there's one on the 4th of jan I think.

31. Tigershield

Tigershield Refugee

This is one major problem indeed, well the purpose of factions is to create own empires "good or evil" but there is to much focus on "good" empires. We lack evil ones, even lore wise it's all to peacefull.

You dont need to choose between the standard good and evil idea. Because it does not exist, the only thing that exist is " different world views.

32. Zero_00

Zero_00 Should have paid the fine Supremium

The thing is the collective doesn't serve as an Empire or a huge ally bank. We are free to enemy and fight whoever we wish even fellow members of the collective. The only stipulation being that those who are part of the collective put aside our differences and band together to stop a threat should one arise. So far in my opinion there are no wars currently that require the collective to act as one as there is no group of players currently threatening the quality of life for the masses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  33. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Yeah, Zero just summed up the entire first post in this paragraph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  34. gridiron1024

gridiron1024 Necro Slayer

thor5648 Zanip
    Thread is now mostly clean of flame. Thor, please stop posting about how much better Ridenval is than this. Coming to a thread just to flame is very immature. If the flaming continues, @EveryoneInvolved, warnings will be issued and the thread will be locked.
    -gridiron1024

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  35. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Citizen

I also went through and cleaned up flame and off-topic post. This is an informational thread, not a thread to argue over battle reports. If you want to do so, take it to a private convo as Zanip suggested.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  36. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Citizen

And I've cleaned up the off-topic post again. I'll be handing out warnings to recurring offenders.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Joshy54100

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

This is a link to the Teamspeak download page, scroll down to the Linux part. I don't own a Linux, so I have no clue how to help you if you have more problems.

38. Donovan

Donovan Nicholas Cage

I think Ridenval might be the new magnanimus.. They're raiding evryone. They are reckless and undefeatable. I think Ridenval might be the reason for a new war..

• Agree Agree x 1
  39. Joshy54100

Zanip
    Maybe host an emergency Collective meeting to decide if Ridenval should be dealt with?

40. Tigershield

Tigershield Refugee

So you want to do a pre-empetive strike on a faction. This entire " Allied collective" is a superpower in disguise and getting more strenght with the day.