The Allied Collective

Discussion in 'Announcement Archive' started by Zanip, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

The Allied Collective is born | A unity of factions working together for the good of Aloria

Greetings!

With the war with Magnanimus over, many would expect a new war to rise right away. And, trust me; there have been large, but insignificant wars with no real economic damage that have happened since then.

The idea I have been gathering for the last few weeks while brainstorming is that there will always be people who try world domination. Imperials, Solaris, even Magnanimus (which Spectec had not initially intended to try and invade the world with, he simply wanted to improve the server by merging the RP and PvP communities together.) have all tried working alone, with no or little allies, fighting the larger opponent with a (proportionally) small amount of PvPers. Note that I’m not trying to insult these groups in any way. I respect them and have been Out-of-Character friends with people on the other sides in all occasions. They all deserve respect like any other people.

But going back on topic, the Imperials were the only case where the people trying to invade everyone suffered any real economic loss. Solaris and Magnanimus, doubtless, lost many god weapons and equipment; but did they profit? Did they get more loot than they lost? Maybe not Solaris (I’m not completely sure about this one.), but from speaking to some of the ex-Magnanimus members on Teamspeak, yes.

Most of you readers probably still don’t understand where I am getting. The point I am about to make is that these “world invaders” have been beaten in name, but they’ve been anything but beaten in social and economic terms. And while this might be satisfactory to some opponents to “world invaders”, it is anything but satisfactory to faction leaders, union leaders, and organization leaders that have, physiologically speaking, lost these wars.

Still, there will always be people, probably like you reading since I’m by no means a fantastic public speaker and essay writer, that don’t understand why I am putting all of this information which is, today, taken for granted by most people who can use their head, on the forums. So here’s why I am posting it:

I have found, from personal experience, that the side that rallies together the fastest in a war always, again physiologically speaking in economic terms, wins the war. I think most of you remember the Coalition; it feels like almost yesterday since Magnanimus was invading Aloria and the Coalition was founded by 20 or so small factions and noble families of Regalia in a glorious attempt to stop the chaos and slaughter. And although Magnanimus walked away from the war, they walked away with their heads held high. Did the Coalition win? No.

After speaking to several faction leaders, organization leaders and empire leaders, we have decided to form The Allied Collective. The Allied Collective is a unity between factions which takes lots of inspiration from the United Nations (UN). After WW2, when almost the entire world was wrecked by heavy rationing, bombing, radiation and others, the United Nations was formed in an attempt to not only give people hope, but to change things for the better of the world and to secure peace around the globe.

While The Allied Collective does, by no means, wish to “copy” the United Nations, the UN is a perfect example of why the Allied Collective is being created. Say WW2 has just occurred (Server & Coalition vs. Magnanimus) and now the Allies wish to secure the peace which they only briefly gained. (Note: I don’t mean to offend anyone who was in Imperials, Solaris or Magnanimus in any way; I’m just using WW2 and the sides as an example.) We feel that the only way to do this successfully is by creating such a group of factions. It should not be described as an empire, nor an alliance. It can be described as a unity of close factions working together for the common good of Aloria.

The Allied Collective has realized that people all around Aloria will, doubtless, begin to take the Collective itself as a threat instead of a force for good, but that is something that cannot be avoided. As Friedrich Nietszche (1844-1900), a german philosopher, said, in his book “Beyond Good and Evil” published in 1886, “He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.” And while I certainly do not agree with everything that Nietszche said, I find him and the quotes he uses so easy to put forward and explain. It is a perfect example of what I mean in the first sentence of this paragraph. Whenever military force is involved, there is fear among other things and although the Allied Collective will not accept any member factions who have a bad history or are at war with far too many people for what seems like no reason, such an alliance will be seen as a threat by many and there is nothing we can do to stop that. But do keep in mind when reading this paragraph that the Allied Collective is, truly, a force for the good of Aloria. John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), the former American president, once said Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, burden or hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.”. And while Kennedy’s goals are relatively different to the Collective’s goals, the similarity of what he said then and what our current wishes are is striking.

So, how can it be proved that the Allied Collective truly is a force for the good of Aloria?

The Allied Collective will remain neutral in any war that does not threaten the server itself. Although the Collective’s members are welcome to engage in any wars and get other Collective members to aid them, the Collective itself will officially take no stance in such a war should it erupt. What it will do, and can prove itself as a force for good by doing, is should another world war erupt, the Collective will always aid the defenders.

For everyone who does not yet understand the purposes and/or goals of the Collective, they are:
    • Stopping large-scale wars, which may threaten the entire server, from occurring through military actions. If they do occur, they will be ended with haste.
    • Providing economic and financial aid to those in trouble, yet not military support for tiny wars which do not affect the rest of the server and have no legitimate reason to exist.
    • Supporting factions in wars which they did not bring upon themselves or did not deserve in the eyes of the Collective.
    • Maintaining international peace, security and stability to all in Aloria.
    • To develop good relations between factions and encourage international communication and projects, to develop a sense of teamwork and morale should another world invasion be attempted again.
    • To promote global well-being
    To avoid internal quarrels, the Collective will not have a leader. Although we may, in the future, elect temporary leaders to deal with large-scale problems, the Collective will not have a dictator, a republic, a senate, or anything. Leaders of member factions are invited to regular meetings every month and it is at these meetings in which issues are discussed and solutions are solved.

The factions and organizations that have, so far, joined the Allied Collective are:
    • “Independent” factions
      • Helvetica, led by Jonaethiel
      • SovereignLegion, led by Zero_00
      • Ephelduin, led by DomeRocker258
      • Okyno, led by Mecharic
      • Zion, led by Xanderab
      • Avallone, led by emperor_max
      • Silversun, led by Shayin
      • Shizidao, led by Fellbeast58blue
      • Brynmor, led by Oxoman
      • Vigilants, led by Misterbuttonz
      • Stronghold, led by Hiu403
      • Theridan, led by Crualassar
      • Caldonia, led by crypton135
      • GranLaurona, led by Lizman1000
      • Ausdenk, led by Shorkpeto
    • Businesses providing financial support
      • MechBank
      • Lykos and Will's Animal Co.
    Should a faction, business, or empire, wish to join this noble cause, their leader or an officer of the faction will have to agree to the Collective’s initial terms, which may be changed at any date, and discussed at through any Collective meeting over Teamspeak:
    • I shall not use the common raid tactic referred to as “raid 4 lulz”. I shall raid if I wish to, but there must be a legitimate reason to do so (e.g. money being stolen, disrespect, items being stolen, being griefed, helping an ally with a legitimate cause, etc.)
    • I shall try to attend the Collective meetings held every month, whether it is in-game or through the use of Teamspeak 3.
    • I shall, if a world war is in place, do my best to help the Collective/defenders/rest of Aloria.
    Finally, a faction officer or leader just needs to create a post in this thread informing the Collective you have joined. It can be written in a roleplay (RP) or Out of Character (OOC) format.

The Collective, its member factions, its leaders and its members wish to see you with them, helping them in the glorious quest for the goals stated a few paragraphs above. Should you answer the call which they have provided, you will not only make friends, connections, and alliances, but you will be making a better Aloria for everyone.

Finally, I feel like over this thread I have discussed several serious subjects which some of you may or may not have been uncomfortable with. So, because cookies are too mainstream, here’s a photo of a cake!

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves? Staff Member Roleplay Staff

I, Leader of Silversun, agree to the terms and would take a position in the Allied Collective. Silversun is basically a Sub of Okyno. Our only war is with the faction "ElderGods" as they have annoyed one too many allies and have declared themselves as an Evil Vampire faction.

This brings up another topic: What Races/ Diseases are welcome?

3. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

You are welcome in the Collective!

By my standards, any races and diseases are welcome, unless they proclaim themselves as evil murderers, etc. The reason for this is that while the Collective is a roleplay organization, the general reason it was founded is for Out of Character purposes.

Anyways, like I said, the Collective has no leader. So while I have the power to accept factions in, I don't want to make the race/disease decision just yet. This can be discussed at the next Collective meeting, happening in four weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joshy54100

Joshy54100 ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

Ephelduin is not led by me, but my friend DomeRocker258. I'm merely the General and an officer.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Ah, thought I had seen your leader tag on /f f.

Weird. Fixed. :P

6. jquaile

jquaile Beggar

Seems like a way to get yourself get dragged into a lot of wars but nonetheless good luck.

7. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

*Sees Mecharic on the list*
    *Reminds self that Mecharic was the leader of the Hisokan Collective*
    *Reminds self that one of the factions in Hisokan Collective erased one of the only 2 staff created Seraph ruins in Ellador*
    *Sees advertisement as collective good for Aloria*

screams

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shayin

Which one was that?

9. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

You...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Shayin

Lolwhut?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MonMarty

Theradin.

Note it is quite possible Theradin just claimed the area after it was griefed, but considering the area is littered with Hisoka adverts, I doubt it to be the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Golem

The Golem chiken nugge

Lykos and Will's Animal Co. Would be more than happy to provide some financial reports, and replenish animals lost during raids whenever necessary in worlds we can deliver to.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shayin

*Kicks the azzez of all the Theradin members involved*
    I'll go and check out the place and see what I can do about restoring it. I think I have access to the portal there.

14. HydraLana

You don't see the gif?

15. Joshy54100

You edited it in after you posted, so yes he probably missed it, as did I.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tigershield

Tigershield Refugee

Nicely written, But you proclaim yourself as a peacekeeper group (UN)

I see one problem.

There will be groups/factions trying to lead your alliance to global war agian. Please keep your so called peacefull group on a tight leash. Cause there will always be internal struggles or external forces trying to proof something els, mostly it leads to war.

I wish you and your band all the best.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fellbeast58blue

Fellbeast58blue Emperor of Xia

I, Sovereign of Shizidao and Emperor of the Shizidaonese Empire, would like to extend my wishes to join the Allied Collective. I hereby agree to all the terms stated above.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Joshy54100

Do you have Teamspeak though? I haven't seem you on it at all.

Anyways, glad to have you!

19. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Cheers. Glad to have you on board in the quest to make Aloria a better place.

I'm sure that'll come in handy one day. Thank you for the support :)

20. Joshy54100

I fail to see how this one act invalidates the good the Collective stands for, especially since this act happened before the Collective had ever been formed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Fellbeast58blue

Fellbeast58blue Emperor of Xia

I do. :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.
    1. The Second Alliance

AARG!.gif
    There were Seraph ruins in Ellador? What coords?

Also, I've done (or tried to do) a great deal in restoring griefed worlds like Daendroc and (eventually) Ellador. Dun h8 meh! :P

• Like Like x 1
  23. MonMarty

Someone didn't understand Humor. If this alliance can actually work, great. It'll have to bring something new to the table though, the Serenum Republic did something similar and only lasted for a little while until infighting ended that one as well.

-3300 60 -3000

24. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.
    1. The Second Alliance

That was a location sold to Hisoka by a faction called Dragon-something a long while ago. It was purchased as a ruined town prior to the release of New Ceardia and the addition of Seraphs to Lore (as far as I can remember at least). Theradin had plans to expand the location into a veritable city, but such was never completed due to Crualls inactivity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. MonMarty

Then we have a new target to unleash our hordes of angry librarians and researcher/archeologists upon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Joshy54100

Sorry for misunderstanding, thought you were serious haha

27. Jett57

Jett57 The (Ex) Master Fister

lul serenum what scroobs

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Oxoman

Oxoman Astronaut, Reverend and Millionaire Playboy
    1. City of Gilead

I would hope that Brynmor might join this Allied Collective. I agree with what you say here, as often enough the alliances brought about to defeat their enemies take a long time to organise and suffer huge losses. As such, I hope that the Allied Collective might remain organised and prepared.
    Thanks,
    Oxoman

29. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

Awesome! I'm glad to have Brynmor in the Collective. Accepted.

30. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

There wont really be a need for an allied collection... All wars/PvP is gone due this "RP reason to raid".....

• Agree Agree x 1
  31. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

May I borrow that portal?

I wondered what that piece of uselessly claimed land was that Cruallassar considered important.
    I'm not surprised that it ended up being worse than I thought. Not only does he have claimed chunks that we could have used to claim something more important, but it ended up being a landmark that he griefed.
    Should I unclaim it for you?

32. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

The "RP reason to raid" rule was there before Magnanimus, and look what happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  33. Arvallon

Arvallon Arvanion Cyladhras of Avallónë
    1. Evedor Gettin' Social

Avallónë will grant its full support should a new evil rise to power. May this collective be blessed by the grace of the Eldar, and the goddess Estel herself. Untill the ending day's of our time shall we stand with the collective.

(I alrready noticed our name was on the list, but still wanted to reply ;3)

Great work Zanip. I hope this realy works out the way you envisioned it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  34. Waminer

Waminer Master Defaulter

I have a feeling that this is just going to turn into a 2 or maybe 3 faction alliances with lots of unimportant factions no one cares about. Then powerful faction X and Y will get in a fight the entire thing will shatter into multiple bite-sized pieces. One side will be the clear champion of the people and one the champion of MCCMO. 9th Legion or whatever the hell it is now, and its allies will fight a losing war against one or two of the powerful MCCMO factions for a month and then somehow come out on top randomly for no reason really related to the war and stay a powerful faction as 9thLegion>Logic. And the cycle will continue.

Sources: Valyria, WeddingAlliance, Argonia, Imperials, ShatteredRemantsofImperials, SolarisInsurrection, Original Crimson Inquisition, magnanimus, VirdianCrusadeEvenThoughTheySurrendered, Zombie Magnanimus, and possibly The Allied Collective in the future.

P.S. It is 1am please do not take offense on the smaller (and older) wars I missed that had the same thing that I described happen.

35. Llefty_

Llefty_ Refugee

It's a good idea. But this will make it a lot harder for me to realize my dream of recreating Pristina and Serenum...

Come on, now. I can't be the only one who wants to see people recreate those two factions and battle for dominance of Massivecraft.

• Agree Agree x 3
  36. HydraLana

FACTIONS AREN'T LORE COMPLIANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Well, barley any are except for the one's approved by the staff as compliant. We also had radio, and have airships, a senate and a mastery of building that barely any medieval kingdoms had or match. The whole thing ani't historically compliant as is this idea but who gives two :X???

37. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

MassiveCraft Lore is different than Real Lore. Things can happen which are a few centuries too late.

For example, blimps. In what you're saying, blimps wouldn't be allowed to be there. But they are on MassiveCraft.

38. Phrowenia

Phrowenia I'm lovin' it

I didn't read all of it, But I will just say: Evil pirates of Ridenval are here to conquer the world >:3

39. Zanip

Zanip Swag Cannon

G0od luck...

40. TheBatman1016

TheBatman1016 Definitely Maybe

My faction The Vigilants, led by MISTERBUTTONZ, wishes to join the collective.
    We agree to the terms of the Collective.
    Our only enemies are people who attack us, and vampire factions.